Seth Jones and his future (Sportsnet reports he intends to test free agency)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
In order to really compete for Cup a team needs a

1C
1D
Depth.

Canada division was very flawed this year so a ”weak” team was going to go through no matter what.

Vegas doesn’t have a real 1C which probably is why they’ve never won a Cup.

Stone is a winger but basically he’s a 1C, drives the play, elite defensively, elite offensively.
On top of it they have Pietrangelo and Theodore on the blueline
1C... I doubt. Not in today - salary cap.
1D... I wrote about it and good defense too
Depth....that's right and that's why it's better it than 1C -salary cap
Stone... I wrote we need strong wingers
and again IMHO we should go this way

Simply, future shows who is right and what way Jarmo and JD will choose. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: mrjiggyfly

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Does anybody else actually still hope/want Jones to re-sign??

Serious question.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Does anybody else actually still hope/want Jones to re-sign??

Serious question.

Why would he? He's a marketable player coming into his prime.
Why would he want to stay on a team that sucked last year , with a questionable farm system and just hired a coach which likely won't help attract new talent? Do you really think offering him the "C" and a lot of money is good enough?
He can sign for a lot of money on several teams, find teams better built to win (now and in the future) and I'm guessing in his case try to get to a market that he potentially enjoys more.

Personally I hoped he would want to stay, and maybe if the team was good he would consider it but after that crap-storm of a season (when ownership/management refused to spend a few dollars to fire the coach who didn't want to be there, while the had the next coach already on staff) I really don't blame him. I mean what is he thinking when Foligno likely told him that he had lunch with Torts to talk him into staying, then the top line C (what at the time had the same agent) decides he wants out and Torts throws him under the bus after not telling everyone why he wants to leave. Come on it seems like something you would see on badly written game show. How to Get out of Columbus - starring Torts, PLD, Foligno, David Savard and Seth Jones. 5 contestants are all trying to get out of Columbus ASAP, winner gets to play on a legit NHL team, - let's see how this plays out...

ThisIsMyAlibi

Fantilli&Werenski&Gaudreau&Laine&Johnson&Jiricek
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
Seth Jones is overrated and I really hope they get rid of him sooner than later. Maximize value.

Kevo22363

Sep 28, 2017
Hilliard, OH
Kevin Allen, formerly of USA Today, now of Detroit Now is reporting a rumor of Seth Jones to Colorado for a package including Nazem Kadri and speculates either Samuel Girard or Devon Toews.

Reactions: LJ7201

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
This is rich Dougie Mac taking shots at JD , being a genius for everywhere he goes it’s a 5 yr contract to rebuild , and then laments the fans of Columbus deserve better . Thanks Doug, we have had little success because how our franchise was initially set up , and it’s been digging out of that dysfunction steadily since then . Rant over … anyway they think La will be the team that goes all in on Jones.. Chicago as well … and watch Colorado, they could view him as missing piece .

DEF

Oct 24, 2008
White Castle's
Kadri is the kind of guy you want playing for your team, not against your team. We should get a discount since he will be sitting out a few games at the start of the season.

Reactions: CBJx614

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
This is rich Dougie Mac taking shots at JD , being a genius for everywhere he goes it’s a 5 yr contract to rebuild , and then laments the fans of Columbus deserve better . Thanks Doug, we have had little success because how our franchise was initially set up , and it’s been digging out of that dysfunction steadily since then . Rant over … anyway they think La will be the team that goes all in on Jones.. Chicago as well … and watch Colorado, they could view him as missing piece .

After his abysmal performance running the show here, MacLean has no business talking smack about anyone else ever.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

Doug really is an enormous jerk. Cant stand listening to the man speak about anything involving the CBJ.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
As if Doug MacLean has any room to talk about running this franchise and doing what's best for our fans :laugh:

Reactions: Fro

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Kadri is the kind of guy you want playing for your team, not against your team. We should get a discount since he will be sitting out a few games at the start of the season.

Game 6 was the last one on 8 game suspension

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Game 6 was the last one on 8 game suspension
I would still imagine his value is lower than what it was when he was traded to Colorado. With every suspension he gets the closer he is to not playing anymore.

CrockyCrock

May 7, 2021
The only reason we should want a 31 year old player in return for Jones is to make the salary work for whatever reason. Next time we are really competing Kadri won’t be doing much.

Reactions: Xoggz22

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Kevin Allen, formerly of USA Today, now of Detroit Now is reporting a rumor of Seth Jones to Colorado for a package including Nazem Kadri and speculates either Samuel Girard or Devon Toews.
Zero chance the avalanche can afford him. Grubauer is UFA. Makar will and should earn more than Jones. Landeskog is a UFA that they need to resign.

That deal could maybe find a way to squeeze under the cap this coming season but I doubt the could afford his next deal.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I would still imagine his value is lower than what it was when he was traded to Colorado. With every suspension he gets the closer he is to not playing anymore.

Oh his value will be lower, a lot I’d bet.

Just not because he’s suspended

Reactions: CBJx614

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Interesting Doug was saying Jones spends part of the offseason in LA.
I figured his connections to Dlass, Colorado and Nashville would be a draw from his past (and from all indications maybe not Nashville) but LA is interesting.

Reactions: Toe Pick

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Zero chance the avalanche can afford him. Grubauer is UFA. Makar will and should earn more than Jones. Landeskog is a UFA that they need to resign.

That deal could maybe find a way to squeeze under the cap this coming season but I doubt the could afford his next deal.

Kadri is M-NTC

Erik Johnson and Makar are RD like Jones but Colorado can`t trade Johnson ($6,000,000) because he`s M-NTC, NMC

I agree with you, IMHO this trade is really unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad