Confirmed with Link: Seth Jones, 32nd OA, 6th RD Traded to Chicago for Adam Boqvist,12th OA,2021 2nd,Conditional 2022 1st

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I have nothing against Seth but these videos ring hallow to me. But I would do what I think is right for me too. Good luck in Chicago but never against us.

Reactions: Fro

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
LOL.. MAF is not why Vegas lost that series and really you could actually argue he was a big reason why Vegas even made it that far to begin with.

They were tied up in the series 1 - 1 at the time, but winning the game with less than 2 minutes left in the 3rd period. Fleury gave up the game tying goal to Josh on a stickhandling blunder. Went on to lose that game and lose the series in 6.

You pretty much have to recognize that had that not happened and the way the LVGK were playing at the time this play was the critical turning point. Lehner was in net the next game too, so Fleury had a few days off to think about the boot.

Last edited:

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Does anyone know what number Boqvist is wearing? I saw the Jackets tweet out a #27 wallpaper but since I've heard he changed his number to #70. Can anyone confirm?

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
upload_2021-11-1_19-33-26.jpeg

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
How you guys liking Boqvist?

I hated the trade for Jones and the contract but his play has been far from the disaster some people are claiming it to be

He has actually been pretty solid to good after horrendous first game. He has had to deal with CDH as his partner who at this point is not a viable NHL talent

Needs to produce more of course to ever justify trade let alone contract but based on performance I cant say I hate what Jones brings thus far

I miss Boqvist though and expect him to be key part of Jackets going forward and well sadly it is very likely you guys are getting Hawks pick this draft and it will be good one for you

Sillinger likely to be good player for you guys going forward as well

Hawks threw away the 1st round pick we got in deal (Allen pick was a WTF and he hasn't shown much to change Hawk fans minds thus far since being drafted)

Reactions: Toe Pick

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
How you guys liking Boqvist?

I hated the trade for Jones and the contract but his play has been far from the disaster some people are claiming it to be

He has actually been pretty solid to good after horrendous first game. He has had to deal with CDH as his partner who at this point is not a viable NHL talent

Needs to produce more of course to ever justify trade let alone contract but based on performance I cant say I hate what Jones brings thus far

I miss Boqvist though and expect him to be key part of Jackets going forward and well sadly it is very likely you guys are getting Hawks pick this draft and it will be good one for you

Sillinger likely to be good player for you guys going forward as well

Hawks threw away the 1st round pick we got in deal (Allen pick was a WTF and he hasn't shown much to change Hawk fans minds thus far since being drafted)

I think I’m a bit higher on Boqvist than most here. But turning off my bias towards him, I think he’s just been OK. He’s been pushed around a bit in the defensive zone and hasn’t really made an impact offensively yet in any noteworthy manner. He’s not getting much PP time either since he’s not on the top unit and our second unit barely gets time. I think as the year goes on he’ll get better.

He’s currently injured with a lower body injury and hasn’t played in over a week. So step one is to get healthy.

Jones’ stats look good, and from what I’ve watched he looks like the same Seth Jones. He’s solid. He’s no analytical darling but that’s just who he is. I still don’t think he’s ever matched the level he was at in 2017-18 (panarin first year here) but he has it in him still. He still has Norris potential imo, but something is just missing with him to go back to that 2017-18 year.

Best of luck the rest of the way

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I think I’m a bit higher on Boqvist than most here. But turning off my bias towards him, I think he’s just been OK. He’s been pushed around a bit in the defensive zone and hasn’t really made an impact offensively yet in any noteworthy manner. He’s not getting much PP time either since he’s not on the top unit and our second unit barely gets time. I think as the year goes on he’ll get better.

He’s currently injured with a lower body injury and hasn’t played in over a week. So step one is to get healthy.

Jones’ stats look good, and from what I’ve watched he looks like the same Seth Jones. He’s solid. He’s no analytical darling but that’s just who he is. I still don’t think he’s ever matched the level he was at in 2017-18 (panarin first year here) but he has it in him still. He still has Norris potential imo, but something is just missing with him to go back to that 2017-18 year.

Best of luck the rest of the way
While Seth is usually not the “analytics darling” it’s interesting to note that coriscahockey ratings/rankings - cited in a post in the roster discussion thread - currently has Jones as the #4 rated RH Defensemen in their listing. I won’t pretend to tell you what all comprises their rating, but it did surprise me to see him so high in the rankings.

Reactions: Halberdier

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
upload_2021-11-2_11-47-21.png

upload_2021-11-2_11-49-37.png

Different models will get you slightly different answers based on their modeling, of course, but he ranks in the bottom 30 in xG% among the ~190 Dmen who have played 75+ minutes at 5v5 this year.

His point totals will be elevated, especially in Chicago where he's apparently the only Dman who's going to get power play time. He's averaging more than 5 minutes per game on the man advantage, where he's picked up 5 of his 8 assists so far. It's still early, but his <6 points / 60 minutes on the PP aren't all that great compared to the rest of the league's Dmen. And his 0.68 points/60 at 5v5 so far are equivalent to Jack Johnson's and Ben Chiarot's scoring rate.

That said, he's no longer Scott Harrington bad. He's...serviceable on a bad team whose point totals will be elevated due to his staggeringly high PP usage. That's fine. It doesn't make him a Norris contender and certainly not worth the $9.5m AAV which doesn't even kick in until next year.

domi28

Dec 5, 2017
What exactly is that JFresh thing suppose to be showing? He's taking what everyone knows was a bad 2020-21 season for Jones in the left column then adding the 9 games so far this season to that 2020-21 crapfest to show what? Why not show just the 2021-22 season on the right? I don't think Jones is a Norris caliber dman at this point but those 56 games are going to make him look like garbage no matter how good or bad he is playing this year.

Reactions: thebus88

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
View attachment 476143

View attachment 476144

Different models will get you slightly different answers based on their modeling, of course, but he ranks in the bottom 30 in xG% among the ~190 Dmen who have played 75+ minutes at 5v5 this year.

His point totals will be elevated, especially in Chicago where he's apparently the only Dman who's going to get power play time. He's averaging more than 5 minutes per game on the man advantage, where he's picked up 5 of his 8 assists so far. It's still early, but his <6 points / 60 minutes on the PP aren't all that great compared to the rest of the league's Dmen. And his 0.68 points/60 at 5v5 so far are equivalent to Jack Johnson's and Ben Chiarot's scoring rate.

That said, he's no longer Scott Harrington bad. He's...serviceable on a bad team whose point totals will be elevated due to his staggeringly high PP usage. That's fine. It doesn't make him a Norris contender and certainly not worth the $9.5m AAV which doesn't even kick in until next year.

JFresh's numbers are swinging around wildly year to year. Hard for me to take this stuff seriously.

Reactions: heksagon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad