TSN: servelli ranks top 30 ufa

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
THE VIDS NOT AVALIABLE EVERYWHERE BUT SCROLL DOWN FOR LIST

Good post deca

scrolled down...

top30 link: Free Agent Frenzy: Dougie Hamilton tops list with NHL postseason, Expansion Draft looming - TSN.ca

that video of the Sens kid fanbase throwing hats to Stutzle (at his home) in honor of his 1st career hat-trick warms my heart. Wonder why nobody threw them at the rink? Maybe it was an away game with no OTT fans?

"McDavid has more points in his last 14 games than anyone on the Devils has all season." hahahaha, F NJDevils.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
the Devils have 4 guys with more points than anyone put up on the Wings this year
The McDavid quote was from the Tweet. I added the FNJD

? Ok, so? We had our Top5 F miss some/most of the season, covid, 1 Top4 dman & the Blash blender.

Those NJ rats are tanking their way to possibly get another top 3-ish pick.

(former GM/president) Loophole Lou - a rat, but a shrewd GM who cheated the system (weaseling out of Kovalchuk contract). Also kind of a power trip not letting his players grow a regular season/playoff beard.

'94-'95 NJD cheated their way to a Cup win, NZ trap & constant obstruction, tripping, interference, dirty plays, (Daneyko, Stevens, Lemieux the "puke") etc. They single-handedly practically invented the DPE. FFWD to '07, ANA deploys similar tactics & also cheats their way to a Cup, committing constant infractions, shift after shift, daring the zebras to blow the play dead. If they did, we'd be looking at a 7-8hr. SC playoff games involving the Ducks. 29 GM's raised hell after the ANA cup win, complaining to the league, per Al Strachan. F NJ & F ANA !!

For those aforementioned reasons, among many others, I''ll always loathe those 2 teams & franchises, even though on occasion I like an individual from either/both teams. Never liked Brodeur, but I respected his skill & accomplishments, especially breaking Roy's wins records etc. The whole "Uncle Daddy" thing though, still funny, but also wtf??

Just like COL, though at least I can respect the Avs cup win in '01, but not the '96 (Draper incident) win. NSH, when Trotz was their coach, he'd have Tootoo, Hartnell or 1 of 4 guy's named Scott/Scotty to run our goalies, constantly. They were a dirty team with low skill, but had to play that way to stay in games. I loathe them both to a slightly lesser degree than the Ducks/Devils. Though again, I still like some individuals (Arvidsson, Suter back in the day, Timonen, Zidlicky).

Last edited:
Reactions: 14ari13

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
The Wings have 9 players on roster next season, with ~48 million in cap space to sign about 9 forwards, 6 defenseman, and a backup\1a goalie. Most of the rest of the league (that wants to spend) are in major cap crunches with more players signed and less available cap. I feel like the Wings could really jump start the rebuild with our 22 picks in the next two drafts, our young prospects that could come over, and the massive cap advantage the team has. This is the first offseason that Yzerman really won't be handcuffed by H0lland's poor choices.

If I'm Yzerman I make a huge push for all of RNH, Hamilton, Barrie, and Martinez. The Wings have the cap to top the market and playing it to those guys as "We are trying to sign (all four of you) and make a major play for the cup in the next two years" could be a major selling point. RNH is probably getting tired of being stuck in McDavid's shadow.

It's nice to dream. It's gonna be great to see Blashill signed to a new two year deal and all that cap space wasted because Chris Ilitch wants to spend all his money on parking lots.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
The Wings have 9 players on roster next season, with ~48 million in cap space to sign about 9 forwards, 6 defenseman, and a backup\1a goalie. Most of the rest of the league (that wants to spend) are in major cap crunches with more players signed and less available cap. I feel like the Wings could really jump start the rebuild with our 22 picks in the next two drafts, our young prospects that could come over, and the massive cap advantage the team has. This is the first offseason that Yzerman really won't be handcuffed by H0lland's poor choices.

If I'm Yzerman I make a huge push for all of RNH, Hamilton, Barrie, and Martinez. The Wings have the cap to top the market and playing it to those guys as "We are trying to sign (all four of you) and make a major play for the cup in the next two years" could be a major selling point. RNH is probably getting tired of being stuck in McDavid's shadow.

It's nice to dream. It's gonna be great to see Blashill signed to a new two year deal and all that cap space wasted because Chris Ilitch wants to spend all his money on parking lots.

What makes you think RNH is tired of being in McDavid’s shadow. Because things were going so well when RNH was the 1C....

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
The McDavid quote was from the Tweet. I added the FNJD

? Ok, so? We had our Top5 F miss some/most of the season, covid, 1 Top4 dman & the Blash blender.

Those NJ rats are tanking their way to possibly get another top 3-ish pick.

(former GM/president) Loophole Lou - a rat, but a shrewd GM who cheated the system (weaseling out of Kovalchuk contract). Also kind of a power trip not letting his players grow a regular season/playoff beard.

'94-'95 NJD cheated their way to a Cup win, NZ trap & constant obstruction, tripping, interference, dirty plays, (Daneyko, Stevens, Lemieux the "puke") etc. They single-handedly practically invented the DPE. FFWD to '07, ANA deploys similar tactics & also cheats their way to a Cup, committing constant infractions, shift after shift, daring the zebras to blow the play dead. If they did, we'd be looking at a 7-8hr. SC playoff games involving the Ducks. 29 GM's raised hell after the ANA cup win, complaining to the league, per Al Strachan. F NJ & F ANA !!

For those aforementioned reasons, among many others, I''ll always loathe those 2 teams & franchises, even though on occasion I like an individual from either/both teams. Never liked Brodeur, but I respected his skill & accomplishments, especially breaking Roy's wins records etc. The whole "Uncle Daddy" thing though, still funny, but also wtf??

Just like COL, though at least I can respect the Avs cup win in '01, but not the '96 (Draper incident) win. NSH, when Trotz was their coach, he'd have Tootoo, Hartnell or 1 of 4 guy's named Scott/Scotty to run our goalies, constantly. They were a dirty team with low skill, but had to play that way to stay in games. I loathe them both to a slightly lesser degree than the Ducks/Devils. Though again, I still like some individuals (Arvidsson, Suter back in the day, Timonen, Zidlicky).

200.gif

Reactions: Bench

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
wondering why he didnt list landeskog as at capfriendly hes a ufa

It’s an open secret that some UFAs already have deals in place with their current teams but are holding off on signing before the expansion draft so as not to take up a protection slot. Could be why, could just be an oversight. Or to cause drama/clicks. Seravelli is the shilliest of shills.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Isn't next year's draft considered to be a good opportunity to get this elusive #1C? If so, the Red Wings better avoid signing top FAs this summer.

Gruß,
BSHH

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Martinez just makes so much sense for Detroit. He is the perfect guy to pair with Seider. He is a decent defensemen and his contract is not going to break the bank.
Sign Martinez and either Wennberg or Stastny and call the summer a success. Could sign Stastny to 1-2 year deal on the cheap and would be a really good veteran presence for us and give us some stability for Larkin and Veleno.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Isn't next year's draft considered to be a good opportunity to get this elusive #1C? If so, the Red Wings better avoid signing top FAs this summer.

Gruß,
BSHH
I expect Columbus, Sharks, Buffalo and couple more teams going to tank, I don't think Yzerman going to do it. With new rules, stupid rules, we don't have a chance to get high pick

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
looking at it like bshh is obviously an important consideration . if thinking in this manner ide still want to sign oleksiak to watch seiders back because he will get hunted . ide also like bringing back staal as i see him as a great mentor because of his high hocke iq / hustle / ruggedness . i also like merril and want him back . these 3 adds wouldnt really make us much better . though just getting tuzzi and larkin all year plus adding seider is going to win us many more games and imo get us out of the basement . plus zadina and rass improve . and veleno n vranna allseason . i dont think we will be in the basement next year ! and theres one more add ide really like and thats a cop , i dont want liberties taken like that punk benntook with larko without repurcussions feared . ducks delesarius to book end with oleksiak fits my plans perfect .

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Sign Martinez and either Wennberg or Stastny and call the summer a success. Could sign Stastny to 1-2 year deal on the cheap and would be a really good veteran presence for us and give us some stability for Larkin and Veleno.

I would be fine with Stastny, but I bet Florida re-signs Wennberg as he has fit in well with them.

Reactions: golffuul

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
What makes you think RNH is tired of being in McDavid’s shadow. Because things were going so well when RNH was the 1C....

Probably the same thing that makes him think adding RNH, Hamilton, Barrie, and Martinez suddenly takes Detroit from bottom five to Cup contender. :laugh:

That's not even a playoff team. :biglaugh:

Last edited:

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

I can't get on board with any of these.
RNH - Overrated. He's a 40-45 point on Detroit. Sub 50 percent on faceoffs most of his career. Soft as all hell. How much would you pay him? More than $6M? yeesh. For how long?
Hamilton - That's a lot of money to sink in a RHD when you've got Seider and Hronek. I could get on board if you were moving Hronek.
Barrie - Another RHD? Nope. No thanks.
I'll just keep Hronek over this guy.
Martinez - His value is gonna be jacked on that high octane Vegas team. How much do we have to overpay a 34-year-old to come play for a loser?

I think the play here is the trade market.
Who are the teams facing expansion/cap squeezes?

We need a center and a left D and a veteran RD who can man the third pairing.
And if all we're going to do is get a weak sauce 2C, might as well just go with Veleno/Rasmssen next year.

At LD, my #1 target is Oleksiak. I'd consider signing Erik Gustaffson, Ryan Murray, Derek Forbert or Slater Koekkok at LD - but mostly, I just resign Staal, I think. One year, cheap. Martinez, scoring at a 45-point clip, might be way too expensive.

At RD, I take a long look at Jason Demers, a veteran RD to help take the pressure off Hronek and Seider. Maybe Adam Larsson comes cheap.

At C? I really don't see much I like. Not when we're going to developing Veleno and Rasmussen.

Last edited:

StNickFan

Dec 3, 2014
Ohio
I wouldn’t mind throwing oleksiak a deal for a couple years. Seems to have soft hands for a big guy.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Martinez to mentor Seider...

Otherwise, let's start promoting kids. Veleno and Berggren look ready for the big show to me...Possibly Raymond too. Hell, promote Pearson and let Glendening walk. Let's actually let some kids play. We're a rebuilding team, for pete's sake.

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
My biggest fear this off season is:
"It's nice to dream. It's gonna be great to see Blashill signed to a new two year deal and all that cap space wasted because Chris Ilitch wants to spend all his money on parking lots."

Just not convinced that Chris is committed to the sports teams like his old man was and it is a true shame both are in the dumps like they are. His dad has to be stirring in his grave watching these ships sink. But, in light of this I still have some hopes as I outline below.

I agree that the Martinez option is not likely. He will command almost $4M or more coming off the year he is having and most likely will want to be with a contender not as a mentor. Dougie would be great but like what was pointed out, RHD and very costly. Is that really what we want to do? I am more in favor of signing Jamie Oleksiak and Derek Forbort to pair with our young guys. JO won't break the bank and will be a stud next to Seider. Forbort can be paired on the left side with anyone else on the next two lines.

As for the offense, I think Wennberg is a very scary signing just because of how his Columbus days ended. Yea, he is really doing well this year and looks to be back BUT, he has shown this before and then dropped off significantly. I'd be a bit leery of signing him. Blake Coleman is the guy I really want in our lineup. He just fits. He or Fabbri can man the center spot on the second line for a Larkin, Fabbri/Coleman, Ras, Veleno run down the middle. Whoever doesn't center the 2nd line out of Fabbri/Coleman you put at LW on the second or third line. This would give us something like this:

Vrana/Larkin/Bert
Coleman/Fabbri/Zadina
Berggren/Ras/Erne
Smith/Veleno/Panik
extras: Namestnikov, Svech

Oleksiak/Seider
Forbort/Hronek
Cholowski/Stecher
extra: Lindstrom, AHL guys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad