[serious] should i buy an easy bake oven?

Pharrell Williams

watch me whip and nae nae
Sep 15, 2013
a particular place or position.
I know I have been making a lot of bad threads out of protest of the lounge's bad jokes but this is a serious thread and I think it might be a great idea.

So I find that I often crave sweets, especially cake, but I also want to be healthy and can't just go buy a cake from the grocery store. An Easy-Bake Oven offers small portions so I can just have a little bit but feel like I ate a whole cake. This seems like the perfect solution to my problem. However, is it worth it as a 22 year old man to face the judgment of my family and peers just to taste some of that sweet, sweet cake? Thoughts?

Thanks and god bless.

JA

I know I have been making a lot of bad threads out of protest of the lounge's bad jokes but this is a serious thread and I think it might be a great idea.

So I find that I often crave sweets, especially cake, but I also want to be healthy and can't just go buy a cake from the grocery store. An Easy-Bake Oven offers small portions so I can just have a little bit but feel like I ate a whole cake. This seems like the perfect solution to my problem. However, is it worth it as a 22 year old man to face the judgment of my family and peers just to taste some of that sweet, sweet cake? Thoughts?

Thanks and god bless.
You presumably have an oven. Master the muffin pan. Use YouTube as a guide.

Mini pizza tarts, quiche, cupcakes, muffins, omelettes, miniature chicken pot pies, etc.

You'll avoid the embarrassment of using a children's toy to cook.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
One super small, muffin-sized cake. A taste of sweet, sweet cake without being very many calories. What a dream.

Are you an avid baker, by any chance?

You talk about a fondness for miniature cakes and pastries, but do you have the ability to even make one?

If not, perhaps you should wander over to your local grocer, and buy the cupcakes you crave.

JA

One super small, muffin-sized cake. A taste of sweet, sweet cake without being very many calories. What a dream.
Use a muffin pan, but fill just one cup with batter.

640px-Cupcake-tin.jpg

Here's a tray being used to make five muffins.

williams-sonoma-goldtouch-nonstick-muffin-pan-12-well-c.jpg

Pharrell Williams

Sep 15, 2013
Are you an avid baker, by any chance?

You talk about a fondness for miniature cakes and pastries, but do you have the ability to even make one?

If not, perhaps you should wander over to your local grocer, and buy the cupcakes you crave.

I will have you know that I am, and that CLEARLY if you READ the THREAD, you would recognize that that would be TOO MANY CUPCAKES AT ONCE. I don't need this negativity, this is a great idea and you know it.

Pharrell Williams

Sep 15, 2013
Use a muffin pan, but fill just one cup with batter.

640px-Cupcake-tin.jpg

Here's a tray being used to make five muffins.

williams-sonoma-goldtouch-nonstick-muffin-pan-12-well-c.jpg

It just seems so inefficient. What a waste of pan slots. Plus you can take an Easy Bake anywhere, I could keep it in my room, take it on camping trips, etc. I'd be the life of the party. "Hey Smokebyrd, send another one of those mini brownies my way." "You got it, fellow partygoer."

JA

If you aren't picky about flavor or texture, you could use a microwaveable cup to do cakes in the microwave. Search "one minute muffin" on YouTube.

JA

It just seems so inefficient. What a waste of pan slots. Plus you can take an Easy Bake anywhere, I could keep it in my room, take it on camping trips, etc. I'd be the life of the party. "Hey Smokebyrd, send another one of those mini brownies my way." "You got it, fellow partygoer."
If you want more mini brownies, use more pan slots. You expressed that you wanted to make one muffin-sized cake; the obvious answer is to use one pan slot.
What if I just want the one though?
You also expressed concerns about the effect that using an Easy Bake Oven would have on your relationship with others. If you feel that owning one will enhance those relationships, go buy one.

Thanks and god bless.

Pharrell Williams

Sep 15, 2013
I've tried mug cakes, they've never come out any good.

And I would only be making multiple at a party etc. And if I'm going to somebody elses' party, it seems intrusive and rude to use their oven. Bringing my own would make me the cool Easy-Bake Oven guy and everyone would love me.

JA

True, now that I think about it, there are absolutely no drawbacks to buying an Easy-Bake Oven.
Have you checked the prices?

Walmart lists the Easy-Bake Ultimate Oven, Purple at $48.74. The Ultimate Oven Baking Star Edition is $44.94. Every Refill Super Pack costs $12.99 each and has a net weight of 270 grams.
I've tried mug cakes, they've never come out any good.
Nothing from the Easy-Bake ever comes out good either.

Last edited by a moderator:

JA

The muffin pan method is more efficient and yields a tastier result. Everything in the Easy-Bake has to be a cookie, and there's still a 15-minute cooking period.

If your dream is to bake one muffin-sized cake, it is impossible to achieve with the Easy-Bake.

To make one muffin-sized cake, you will need to bake multiple layers. Be ready to spend upwards of 45 minutes on it.

It just seems so inefficient.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pharrell Williams

Sep 15, 2013
Have you checked the prices?

Walmart lists the Easy-Bake Ultimate Oven, Purple at $48.74. The Ultimate Oven Baking Star Edition is $44.94. Every Refill Super Pack costs $12.99 each and has a net weight of 270 grams.

Nothing from the Easy-Bake ever comes out good either.

Everything is cheaper on the internet, bub. Just gotta know the right places. If I have to go to the dark web for some of them sweet cakes, it will be worth it.

Everything comes out good from the Easy-Bake, including friendship.

Does every oven come with a free MLP tshirt?

Get out.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Everything is cheaper on the internet, bub. Just gotta know the right places. If I have to go to the dark web for some of them sweet cakes, it will be worth it.

Everything comes out good from the Easy-Bake, including friendship.

Get out.

No, really, I bet they have that as a promotion. See if they come in adult sizes!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad