(serious) I have a cataract!

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
During an eye exam, I couldn't see the big "K" on the board with my right eye. Other things were off with my right eye. Then the doctor told me that I have a cataract. I'm going to nee surgery on my right eye to fix the problem. Do you guys had this problem?

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
1258823.jpg

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
A brisk 33. I have diabetes, so that could contribute.
In 2014 my Dad has cataracts in both his eyes and had no problems once he got them done. In Canada they do one eye at a time and the other one a few months later, so his right eye was done in April and left eye was done in June. Anyway he said the procedure took about 10 - 15 minutes and he was awake the whole time and didn't feel a thing. The only thing he didn't like was later on having to put in all those eye drops.

Jan 3, 2012
oh man you want to talk about eye problems

I cant look at my computer for more than a couple hours at a time or my eyes sting

it's getting worse and worse

I can't watch TV anymore

My life is going to be over by 30

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
During an eye exam, I couldn't see the big "K" on the board with my right eye. Other things were off with my right eye. Then the doctor told me that I have a cataract. I'm going to nee surgery on my right eye to fix the problem. Do you guys had this problem?

Leave it

You can get a scouting gig with the Oilers

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Quick update (sorry mods for bumping a thread :( );

I went to the eye doctors to look at my right eye, the one with the cataract. I got an advance form of the cataract. Lucky me. I will have to visit the office one more time before the surgery after the NCAA Men's National Championship Game in April. Wish me luck and pray for me.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
I was born with cataracts in both eyes.. had surgery on the left one when I was about 12 and was asleep for it.. the other one was when I was 18 and instead of putting me to sleep they pumped me full of relaxants and put a bag over my head covering everything except the eye they were operating on.. I literally watched the surgeon cut into my eye and what's better there was a couple students watching so he explained everything he was doing as he was doing it.. man I felt relaxed though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad