[Serious] GDT: ix gets a dog

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo
Screenshot_20160515-193745_zps7vyqdjqc.png

Discuss

Dog

Highly unnecessary and stressful lead that puppy is on. Get a 6" nylon or cloth leash to teach loose leach walking... FFS failing already.

But ix isn't holding onto the leash.

He's doing a better job than loose leash walking :)

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
I also prefer a harness to a collar

Yeah that's what I use for my dog (bulldog), with their breathing problems you don't want to add extra stress to the neck. Also they are ****ing strong for their size so it helps you control them easier.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i go with a chain choker (no spikes), my dog is almost 100 pounds....

i dont like harness because if the dog likes to jump or pull, theres not much to stop them.
(i dont know why is bad on puppies, but my roomates puppy has marks all around the buddy from the harness) (short hair dog)

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Really, how so?

Front attaching harnesses obstruct the upper arms and shoulders which can interfere with a quickly growing puppy's joint growth. Harnesses with horizontally placed chest straps tend to press on the front of the legs, restrict the natural movement of a dog's upper shoulder and can ride up to exert pressure on their trachea. X-back harnesses generally tend, for the most part, to have low attachment points that restrict back movement and exert way too much unnecessary pressure on a dog's back end. For puppies of the medium, large and giant variety who develop very quickly during their first 12 to 18 months, those factors restrict natural joint growth and bone development considerably.

Harnesses, in general, usually have control points on the forechest or back end to exacerbate delicate areas around a dog's upper shoulders and armpits as well which can be an issue and make a growing dog adjust its natural gait to avoid the discomfort. There are some excellent perfectly fitted harness options out there that address those issues and render them null and void, like martingale harnesses, however.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Ix can't even take care of himself, how is he going to take care of a dog too?

I hope the dog jumps up on the bed and rips apart all his stuffed animals

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo
Front attaching harnesses obstruct the upper arms and shoulders which can interfere with a quickly growing puppy's joint growth. Harnesses with horizontally placed chest straps tend to press on the front of the legs, restrict the natural movement of a dog's upper shoulder and can ride up to exert pressure on their trachea. X-back harnesses generally tend, for the most part, to have low attachment points that restrict back movement and exert way too much unnecessary pressure on a dog's back end. For puppies of the medium, large and giant variety who develop very quickly during their first 12 to 18 months, those factors restrict natural joint growth and bone development considerably.

Harnesses, in general, usually have control points on the forechest or back end to exacerbate delicate areas around a dog's upper shoulders and armpits as well which can be an issue and make a growing dog adjust its natural gait to avoid the discomfort. There are some excellent perfectly fitted harness options out there that address those issues and render them null and void, like martingale harnesses, however.

Interesting, I did not know that. I've only heard good things about harnesses. I digress though, all my pooches are rescues and were full grown when I got them so it wasn't a consideration.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->