Pre-Game Talk: Series Talk: Canucks vs. Blues in the Western Conference Quarterfinals

What have you got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Here is the game 3 5v5 ice time distribution.

upload_2020-8-9_15-54-51.png

And here is the game 4 5v5 ice time distribution.

upload_2020-8-9_15-55-31.png

We need something closer to what Green was doing in game 4 going forward in this series.

Reactions: Indiana

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
If they call this series like last series then I very much like our chances.

If the whistles go away I think we get crushed as they will shut Petey's line down and it'll be up to the bottom six to carry the offense. It'll be like 2011 vs Nashville where the Sedins got dominated except there's no Kesler as the 1-2 punch.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
If they call this series like last series then I very much like our chances.

If the whistles go away I think we get crushed as they will shut Petey's line down and it'll be up to the bottom six to carry the offense. It'll be like 2011 vs Nashville where the Sedins got dominated except there's no Kesler as the 1-2 punch.
That's where Bo comes in. What is the Blues second line in terms of matchups assuming ROR plays against Petey.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Looks like the Blues are firing with missing cylinders. Hopefully they keep it up. Go Canucks!

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Gotta get the jump early on the blues, use the energy from the last win and shock them early.
Blues are probably one of the most down to earth teams in the league honestly, Not much to dislike.

But I am sure after a few games, both fanbases will hate each-other.
Wouldn't have it any other way haha:laugh:

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Here is the game 3 5v5 ice time distribution.

View attachment 359450

And here is the game 4 5v5 ice time distribution.

View attachment 359451

We need something closer to what Green was doing in game 4 going forward in this series.

Green doesn't play Hughes or Pettersson with leads. He seems to think spending time in the opponent's zone with a lead will give you chlamydia.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Nice to see some positivity around here. I like it!
Remember the shade their goalie pulled on Petey? I can't believe some people here are going on the Blues board and wishing them luck. Quit being nice, do not humanize the enemy. You don't make friends with the cow before you slaughter it. Tho I heard it does taste better that way.
All Joking aside, whoever has the hotter goalie wins. Get the flags out boys.

Reactions: dombrova22

Tonystretcher

Oct 25, 2017
Petey will be facing one of Pietrangelo or Parayko at pretty much all times. Not looking forward to that. Will be a good test for him.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Petey will be facing one of Pietrangelo or Parayko at pretty much all times. Not looking forward to that. Will be a good test for him.
I know it’s only regular season but He’s +9 in his career against the blues. They havent been able to stop him at even strength so far in 6 games.

he also just went up against the wild who have just as good a top 4. If they focus all their attention on Elias it will open up room for other players.

Reactions: Tonystretcher

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
If Buster Douglas can beat Mike Tyson
If Bianca Andreescu can beat Serena Williams
If Leicester City can win the Premier League
If the U.S. can beat the Soviets

We can beat the Blues.

Canucks vs Blues is that big of a mismatch? :laugh: Damn, maybe I shouldn't have a bit of confidence.

Kassattack

Low expectations
Sep 13, 2014
Victoria

Hard to judge the Blues too harshly based on round robin games but they've been awful. The Canucks need to pounce on them while they're still trying to get their intensity up for game 1. Use that confidence to get an early lead in the series.

Always felt like the Canucks matched up well against the Blues with their skill. Hopefully we get some guys back for game 1 (Toffolli, Gaudette especially)

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
That's where Bo comes in. What is the Blues second line in terms of matchups assuming ROR plays against Petey.
Bo's gonna have Eriksson stapled to his wing all series and while Pearson is better than Loui it's not exactly star power, I don't see Horvat taking over a series like this. If he had better wingers then sure. He'll be against the Schenn line which looked bad in the round robin so that's in his favour.

The biggest thing in our favour is the Blues look so disinterested. I don't believe teams "flip the switch" so maybe we can get out to a 1 or 2 game lead in the series before the Blues round into form. If we can do that and if Markstrom can channel his regular season form we have a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad