Pre-Game Talk: Series Talk: Canucks vs. Blues in the Western Conference Quarterfinals

What have you got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dombrova22

Apr 12, 2017
If you think Brodin, Dumba, Suter and Spurgeon were difficult to play against, wait until we get a potential 7 game series with Pietrangelo, Parayko, and Dunn. Remember how good Duncan Keith was in all those Chicago series.... how he could play 27 minutes a night.... Pietrangelo is just as good.
Oh, and then behind those three studs, in their bottom pairing they still have Justin Faulk. This will be really tough. Special Teams will need to shine here.
Not to mention the Wild don't have a player like ROR. Defensive beast.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Honestly, a bigger slower team like St Louis will be good for Myers. He's played well up until now (dont care what you say about his penalties, ...the toughness matters). I think if Myers continues to play like he has, he's going to be pretty useful here.

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
St Louis reminds me of Pittsburgh, as soon as they win the cup that's enough of them, they can go away now. It would be just fantastic if Vancouver beat them and I think they can.

The blues I don't think make it past the 2nd round this year no matter who their opponent is anyway.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Not to mention the Wild don't have a player like ROR. Defensive beast.
Exactly. People who dont watch hockey outside of Vancouver may not apprciate ROR.
Like, you know how Horvat comes back deep and helps out the D and helps move the puck from our goal line to the neurtral zone. ROR does that better than Horvat does.... he has a motor that doenst stop. He's gritty and smart but plays a clean game and takes minimal penalties

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Slower, heavy team with some real offensive weapons. If the Canucks can skate (ie. Blues not allowed to hook and hold), we could make a series of it.

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

dombrova22

Apr 12, 2017
Exactly. People who dont watch hockey outside of Vancouver may not apprciate ROR.
Like, you know how Horvat comes back deep and helps out the D and helps move the puck from our goal line to the neurtral zone. ROR does that better than Horvat does.... he has a motor that doenst stop. He's gritty and smart but plays a clean game and takes minimal penalties
It'll be a huge test. Petey was relatively shutdown last series - and expect more of the same this one. 2nd and 3rd line HAVE to produce or it's over.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I don't think too many people are going to underestimate how big of an impact the reigning Selke & Conn Smyth winner could have.

Reactions: dombrova22

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I wouldn’t get too cocky, Blues are the better team here. Buying too much into our past wins against the Blues doesn’t mean anything now, the team is much different.

My post was just pointing that fact out. Of course series in previous years have nothing to do with this series outcome.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
If you’re going by the rosters at their peaks, the Blues, yes.

Their actual Alumni teams? The Canucks in a landslide. They play a lot of games, whereas I don’t think the Blues have an active alumni team.
I hear Chris Odleifsson and Dennis Ververgaert are really killing it these days.

SeawaterOnIce

Being invaded again.
Aug 28, 2011
If you think Brodin, Dumba, Suter and Spurgeon were difficult to play against, wait until we get a potential 7 game series with Pietrangelo, Parayko, and Dunn. Remember how good Duncan Keith was in all those Chicago series.... how he could play 27 minutes a night.... Pietrangelo is just as good.
Oh, and then behind those three studs, in their bottom pairing they still have Justin Faulk. This will be really tough. Special Teams will need to shine here.

Keith also played behind this team:

2010:

Offense: Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Byfuglien, Versteeg, Ladd, Brower

Defense: Keith, Seabrook, Campbell, Hjalmarsson

Blues are nowhere as potent. The Canucks will have to be defensively responsible but they also have to go for it since they will be on the wrong side of any low scoring games.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
upload_2020-8-9_15-40-1.gif
upload_2020-8-9_15-40-1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->