Pre-Game Talk: Series Talk: Canucks vs. Blues in the Western Conference Quarterfinals

What have you got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Dang thisll be a tough one, hope its a great learning experience for the young guys and hope for the best

Major underdogs here, no expectations but hopin for suprises

GOOOOOOO CCCAAAAANNNUUUCCCCKKKKKSSSSSS!!!!!!

:nucks

Man I love this team :yo:

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Either team was going to be tough. The Blues are a "heavier" team. I just hope we can outskate them, and Marky brings his "A" game.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
You have to beat the best to be the best. The young guys are going to be ready to prove they can take on the defending champs, and it should make for a decent series. The penalty parade has to come to an end, and hopefully Markstrom can round into form, but it'll be a tough series to win no matter if it was the Blues or Dallas. Regardless, we should all be excited to be able to watch this group of players compete in the playoffs again. It's been a long time coming, and I'm absolutely ready for it!

SeawaterOnIce

Being invaded again.
Aug 28, 2011
'member when Al Macinnis got his shoulder blown out by Bertuzzi in '03? I 'member.

Remember the flu wiped out their entire team and the Blues looked lethargic and dead by game 7? I still remember that footage of Doug Weight looking like he was about to puke at the bench.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I'm just going to cling to what Drancer was alluding to with the Blues heart's not really being in it.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
was it not the same playoffs we beat St Louis and then lost to Minny

THAT St Louis series was insanity, we beat Al Maccinnis into submission, what an awesome series

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Remember the flu wiped out their entire team and the Blues looked lethargic and dead by game 7? I still remember that footage of Doug Weight looking like he was about to puke at the bench.
Given the current state of the world, it would be unconscionable for me to want that again, though

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I was really pissed off at first....but i thought about it...this really is a WIN-WIN for the Canucks

We've got this young core....they showed up vs the Wild and won a series. That will go a long ways to helping them develop.
Now they're going up against the Blues... The reigning champs.... if you lose to the Blues...its like..okay, they get four more games of experience against the best... no shame in losing to the champs.
If they win, then thats all for the better.
Imagine going in and getting swept by Dallas, that might actually hurt their confidence ... i guess for the long-haul, its best we take on the blues.

Reactions: Jrtu

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
2011 Dallas loses last game and Canucks play the defending Stanley cup Champions. Samething happens today, Dallas loses and Canucks play the defending Stanley Cup Champions.

Reactions: Luongos Knob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->