Pre-Game Talk: Series Preview: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
What I really meant is that we aren't built to bar the door shut for 7 games. I don't think altering what we did during the regular season is going to help us in this series. If our transition game and speed are changed to protect the D zone I don't think we are good enough to survive.
Ya, I wouldn't look to change how we do things. Stay aggressive. But also be sure we hustle back on d.

Another note though is, our PK is very good. Again driven very much by the play of our fwds. So are we a lock down defense? In general no. But on the PK? Yeah, kind of.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
what are the chances that regardless of outcome(s), we keep negativity & dumb tangents out of GDTs?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
what are the chances that regardless of outcome(s), we keep negativity & dumb tangents out of GDTs?
tenor.gif

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The Devils PK is my key to the series.

The Devils have one of the best team PK in the NHL, and scored more shorthanded goals than any NHL team.

Keep that lethal Tampa PP off the board and New Jersey 100% can win this series.

Coleman
Gibbons
&
Grabner
Zajac

Nobody is talking about the above 4 given they're not "stars", but IMO they're going to be key for the Devils.

AGGRESSIVE pressure of the Tampa PP at the blueline, all series long, and I fully expect a few shorthanded goals for the Devils.*

*No I have not been drinking (yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad