Pre-Game Talk: Series Preview: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Im sure its been discussed but i think someone who is going to play at a different level in the playoffs is Blake Coleman. Im not talking about his offensive game, that will stay where it is. I think he is going to up his physical game. He will be a nightmare for Tampas forwards. I was even noticing in the Washington game he took a couple runs at Wilson, not letting up one bit. He is going to get into a lot of faces and hopefully pull some of those offensive forwards off their game.

With guys like Zajac, Maroon, Coleman, Noesen, Palmieri, Boyle, and Wood i do believe we will have the physical edge. Get some of these guys off their game and grind them out, lots can happen.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Im sure its been discussed but i think someone who is going to play at a different level in the playoffs is Blake Coleman. Im not talking about his offensive game, that will stay where it is. I think he is going to up his physical game. He will be a nightmare for Tampas forwards. I was even noticing in the Washington game he took a couple runs at Wilson, not letting up one bit. He is going to get into a lot of faces and hopefully pull some of those offensive forwards off their game.

With guys like Zajac, Maroon, Coleman, Noesen, Palmieri, Boyle, and Wood i do believe we will have the physical edge. Get some of these guys off their game and grind them out, lots can happen.
I would discount the offensive game... it's been slowly gaining steam.

In his first 50 games he had 14 points 6g, 8a. In his last 20 he had 10 points 7g, 3a

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I would discount the offensive game... it's been slowly gaining steam.

In his first 50 games he had 14 points 6g, 8a. In his last 20 he had 10 points 7g, 3a

Im not by any imagination. I think he will stay right where he is maybe a bit better. But i think he is going to be a nightmare for them to deal with on the ice, night in and night out.

Reactions: Aethon

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Returning fire!
lK083v7.gif

Bite (avy) sized:

fq2Pcnz.gif

This is fun.

40501846735_86fba0020e_o.gif

Reactions: GameSeven

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
welcome to the bandwagon, @hawksrule! you'll want to bone up on the double sided ear ***** known as steve cangelosi

Thanks, Marty. This is big for me. I’m proving my naysayers wrong. I think back to my sixth grade Spanish teacher who told me that if I amounted to a hill of beans, it would be the world’s smallest hill. If she could only see me now, taken 15th (out of sixteen) in a meaningless bandwagon draft no one understands, on an obscure hockey website no one’s heard of.

Like Butch in Pulp Fiction, I keep winning because they keep underestimating me. Go Devils!

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007

couldn't agree more.. he is going to make a name for himself this playoffs.. probably after kinkaid and hall the devils most valuable player.. the little things that don't get on the stat sheet every night .. he has been insanely good and if you know the game of hockey you can appreciate this guys game... gibbons was playing the role before he got hurt.... wasn't surprised the devils fell off a little when gibbons got hurt but coleman stepped in and exceeded in the same role... he is gonna earn himself a name this playoffs...nice call

Reactions: Devil X

njdevils19

Jan 11, 2007
Northern NJ
I realize that. That's why the "track meet strategy" is the worst possible option IMO.

They need to do their best to play a team defensive game. The Devils forwards as a group are solid defensively, among the best in the NHL.

Perhaps not officially, but if you look at the way they're practicing it's obvious he's the starter.

While I do agree to an extent, the devils have beaten a bunch of good teams and it wasn't with their team defense. I don't think they are good enough to be conservative, chip it out, and start over.

I think in the end we only win if we push them on their heals at times and that's where severson can help. I understand the benching, but I'm concerned that Lovejoy is not capable of being the rock back there he needs to be to cancel out the lack of transition.

I think to win as underdogs we need to be smart but aggressive. Severson is a gamble but Lovejoy has his own struggles back there that keep the play alive in our end . That or he makes a play that brings the offense right back in. Tough decision . Personally I'm taking the more aggressive approach as the underdog with a team that I don't think can bunker in and win.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I think back to my sixth grade Spanish teacher who told me that if I amounted to a hill of beans, it would be the world’s smallest hill. If she could only see me now, taken 15th (out of sixteen) in a meaningless bandwagon draft no one understands, on an obscure hockey website no one’s heard of.

:laugh: yeah you’re going to do just fine around here

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
TB will try to wear out Greene/Vats .

It's important that we get the puck out of our zone as quick as possible and work their defense.
Every bodycheck counts.

hayen

Apr 7, 2017
I hope the team is watching these games today. Fast and furious. The Devils play at that level but need to be ready because so will everyone else.

Reactions: New Jersey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad