Pre-Game Talk: Series Discussion: Blues @ Jets

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I like this subtle change, but I would flip Schenn and Sunny to start. I have a hunch that moving Schenn back to the middle might get him going again, and I like Sunny better on the wing anyway. ROR, Bozak, and Schenn up the middle is pretty solid.

I'm still not sold on switching the lines at the moment, but I definitely prefer putting Schenn at C and Sunny at RW if we are moving Perron to the 90/91 line. I can't recall Schenn playing RW for any significant amount of time this season and I think he would be more comfortable at C than RW if reunited with Schwartz. Sunny has been so much better than expected this year, but his status as the 2C isn't untouchable.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I guess I'm the only one that noticed how good a game Schwartz had. :dunno: About 5 times better than Schenn was. Schenn was good in game 1 but has declined significantly as the series has gone on. Game 4 was his worst game yet.
saying someone was better than schenn isnt a good thing really. i was better than schenn and i didnt sniff the ice for a second.

my flyer fan buddies said he did the same thing in the playoffs for them. i decided to look at his playoff stats and.....oooof. looks like we got another Oshie situation here with Schenn and the postseason.

No way should he be on the 1st line if he continues this play, I personally would have moved him off it in G4.

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
I’m looking forward to Winnington Winning in Winnipeg based on this I’m going with Blues in 5 with three road wins.

Damn the negativity full speed ahead!

Sorry guys I was wrong to think Winnington was allowed to win outside of Winnipeg. I very much hope I’m wrong but my bet is now Blues in 7. My apologize to any one going to game 6.

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
We needed an adjustment or we were toast. Berube reunites Schenn and Schwartz. what do they do? Both score in the last 6 minutes. Boom.

Fabbri and Gunny both looked really good, too. Let's just hope Sunny's OK and we can break this road team curse garbage Saturday night. LGB!

ZigZagBluesFan

Sep 30, 2010
What happened to Sunny? I missed it.

I didn't miss Ehlers hobbling off. It'll be interesting to see if he can go on Saturday.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
If Sunny can't go Saturday I'm rolling

O'Reilly Tarasenko Perron
Schenn Schwartz Steen
Bozak Maroon Thomas
Barbashev Fabbri Mac

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
What happened to Sunny? I missed it.

I didn't miss Ehlers hobbling off. It'll be interesting to see if he can go on Saturday.

Went to the locker room after the Byfuglien hit on the Schenn goal.
He went down awkwardly, crashed hard into the net and hit the end boards at an angle.

Hopefully he was just winded and the trainers were being overly cautious, but we'll have to wait for an update.

Reactions: ZigZagBluesFan

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
If Sunny can't go Saturday I'm rolling

O'Reilly Tarasenko Perron
Schenn Schwartz Steen
Bozak Maroon Thomas
Barbashev Fabbri Mac
Wouldn't you swap these two? I thought Barbashev is a natural center.

Side Note: I thought Fabbri looked good again tonight, I think only a matter of time until he pots a goal.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Wouldn't you swap these two? I thought Barbashev is a natural center.

Side Note: I thought Fabbri looked good again tonight, I think only a matter of time until he pots a goal.
I listed centers first followed by wings. I can see how you got confused by that though. And yeah, I think it's only a matter of time for Fabbri as well. His legs are back and his decisiveness with the puck get noticeably better each game. Can't wait for the kid to break through that wall.

Reactions: mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I listed centers first followed by wings. I can see how you got confused by that though. And yeah, I think it's only a matter of time for Fabbri as well. His legs are back and his decisiveness with the puck get noticeably better each game. Can't wait for the kid to break through that wall.
My bad, somehow when I read it that's the only one I caught. But yes I see what you did re-reading it plus with your explanation.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
The importance of finishing this series Saturday can not be understated. Nashville and Dallas has the makings of a 7 game series, San Jose is right back in it with Vegas, and I can't see Calgary going quietly into that good night at home tomorrow against Colorado. Huge opportunity for us to get some rest and polish up our game.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
The importance of finishing this series Saturday can not be understated. Nashville and Dallas has the makings of a 7 game series, San Jose is right back in it with Vegas, and I can't see Calgary going quietly into that good night at home tomorrow against Colorado. Huge opportunity for us to get some rest and polish up our game.
It time to give the fans something to cheer about. Put up with too much BS this season finish them off now. Take the first step towards a cup

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
It time to give the fans something to cheer about. Put up with too much BS this season finish them off now. Take the first step towards a cup
I'm looking for an early goal to give the crowd a wave of energy to ride for the entire game. Carolina's crowd was unbelievable tonight, as was Columbus on Tuesday. I think you actually made a post the other day regarding the sustained energy of other rinks around the league. The Blues will need that for a full 60 minutes Saturday.

ZigZagBluesFan

Sep 30, 2010
I believe I read (might've been on the main board) that the visiting team has never won the first six games of an NHL playoff series. There have been four previous instances where the visiting team won the first five and the home team won game six in all of them.

Let's not make history Saturday.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I'd like to see Berube continue to deploy our top line like he has but sprinkle in a extra Offensive Zone starts away from the Scheifle and Lowry line when possible.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I wonder how much of an emotional hangover Winnipeg will have. If the. Lies come out hard and score first, I think we may see the Jets start to play out of system and unravel. I want to see the Blues with the eye of the Tiger Saturday. Go home and finish it off.

Reactions: shmotz

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Perron-O'Reilly-Tarasenko (aka the 420 line :laugh: )

Schwartz-Schenn-Sundqvist (Schwartz and Schenn recreate their magic if tonight was any indication, may as well make Schenn the center here, Sunny can play wing)

Maroon-Bozak-Thomas (if it ain't broke, don't fix it)

Fabbri-Barbashev-Steen (they've been excellent and Fabbri is looking like his old self)

These should be the lines for Game 6.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
I wonder how much of an emotional hangover Winnipeg will have. If the. Lies come out hard and score first, I think we may see the Jets start to play out of system and unravel. I want to see the Blues with the eye of the Tiger Saturday. Go home and finish it off.
If Blues 5on5 play is what it was in the last 10mins of the game then this series likely is over.

Reactions: Xanadude

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I think we should try putting in Blais or MacEachern in for Fabbri. The 4th line has been bad all series and I think it has gotten a bit worse since putting Fabbri in. Stats are not pretty.
Fabbri
CF%: 42.42
xGF%: 26.21 (yikes)
One "high-danger" chance for, eight against.

Shockingly, Parayko has been our worst defenseman statistically this series. I don't think it's totally his fault the pairing with him and Bouwmeester just isn't working out and I'd really like to see him with Dunn.

yogintheaveragebears

May 23, 2015
Stop following the hit hitch’s hat guy after the 1st on Twitter just to much narcissism regretted it after the Schwartz goal so I couldn’t celebrate without him

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Is it just me or is the long change in 2nd periods a weak spot for the blues?

Line changes in general have been a weak spot for the Blues for several years now, even going back to the Hitchcock days.
How many Too Many Men on the Ice penalties have we had the last 5 years?

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Perron-O'Reilly-Tarasenko (aka the 420 line :laugh: )

Schwartz-Schenn-Sundqvist (Schwartz and Schenn recreate their magic if tonight was any indication, may as well make Schenn the center here, Sunny can play wing)

Maroon-Bozak-Thomas (if it ain't broke, don't fix it)

Fabbri-Barbashev-Steen (they've been excellent and Fabbri is looking like his old self)

These should be the lines for Game 6.
Their initials spell out pot and the game is on 4/20? I don't think we have a choice.

Reactions: Default

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad