Game Analysis: SERIES DISCUSSION: ADSF | Rangers vs. Canadiens Pt. 3 (MTL leads 2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
So you need puck posession in order to win? But I was told by this board we needed more tuffnuss....

These are the type of lazy arguments and over-generalizations that frustrate me especially from smart ***** like Herman.

Hits are correlated with lack of possession. They aren't (necessarily) the cause. It's not that the NYR don't have the puck because they are focused on hitting. They don't have the puck because they can't beat a trap or a stacked blueline to save their lives. And because they don't have the puck, they inevitably hit more.

LA Kings "tuffness" like being able to grind, generate a forecheck, and cause havoc in front of the net undeniably WOULD help (even with possession) but the NYR suck at that too.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
It's a condemnation of AV worrying more about matching MTL's physicality than optimizing the Rangers' skill.

Repeatedly being unable to beat a trap or retrieve a dump in =/= worrying about physicality. Unless you are talking about Glass being in, in which case I'd say that's been well down the list of problems.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Ail-Killem Dafoe-Thirty One
NYRFAN218- Aufheben - Crease
ejyee-Raspewtin-Pavel Buchenvich
NYR-rangerrat-reggiedunlop

Snowblind-bernmeister
Viper-BBkers
Mint-Mikos

Nevesis
Kovalev27

Geoff Gordon can be the GM.

The rest of us can coach by committee. Can't be any worse than Vigneault at this point.

Snowblind needs a role as goalie coach as his second job
Bern as the AGM
Bobbop behind the bench? With Ranger Boy?
I loathe the RD position but wth will do it in the memory of Dan Boyle (or was it Stralman)?
We need our old friend DaGoon in there for some sandpaper as well...

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Snowblind needs a role as goalie coach as his second job
Bern as the AGM
Bobbop behind the bench? With Ranger Boy?
I loathe the RD position but wth will do it in the memory of Dan Boyle (or was it Stralman)?
We need our old friend DaGoon in there for some sandpaper as well...

betrayed again...i hate you all. :cry:

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The problem last night wasn't systems related and it wasn't lineup related. It was coaching related, though not 100%

This team is not sharp mentally or focused. And because of that, they're playing poorly with the puck. They don't pass crisply. They have a hard time receiving passes cleanly. They take too long to make decisions.

It's no shock that just about the only time they played with decisiveness the entire game led to the Skjei goal.

This is on the coaches. This is on the leadership. This is on the individual players. Last night was a failure because of it.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
This team is not going far. Five on five, it's a one-trick pony relying on transition offense when it needs to have more than one way to win games. When the opponent is able to take the neutral zone away, and when they can't score on the PP, they're pretty much done from generating anything. And other than a couple of players, this team seemingly lacks heart.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, I legitimately feel for Lundqvist these three games. Dude is 35 and is playing his heart out, while the rest of the team and coach are doing their best to make us lose.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
The problem last night wasn't systems related and it wasn't lineup related. It was coaching related, though not 100%

This team is not sharp mentally or focused. And because of that, they're playing poorly with the puck. They don't pass crisply. They have a hard time receiving passes cleanly. They take too long to make decisions.

It's no shock that just about the only time they played with decisiveness the entire game led to the Skjei goal.

This is on the coaches. This is on the leadership. This is on the individual players. Last night was a failure because of it.

They are an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE

In my opinion.

They should be ****ing ashamed

Mordeth

Sep 18, 2015
His first 2 games were fine. Not great, but not bad.

He was horrible yesterday.

No matter how much you repeat it, it doesnt make it more true. Zucc had a good game and was one of very few NYR players who actually gave a ****. His penalty was about his only negative. But i know you just love hating on him so its ok.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Maybe the guys, like all of us on this board, recognized how badly AV blew Game 2 and they're just done with him. It's really not that far-fetched.

They know they have no shot at beating Pittsburgh, let alone even keep pace with them, and a run to the ECF buys AV more time. One and done and Gorton has to highly consider giving AV the boot.

If this is true it makes sense. They have quit on AV. Step is going through the motions because he believes what there doing will not work.Others following...oh well who is the next coach?

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
And of course that didn't come across on TV and led to pages and pages of people whining about how terrible the building is and how no one there is a real fan.

Major excuses, and sounds like something said by someone who's only been to the Garden. Fans at MSG have been pathetic for years. Montreal puts us to shame. Buffalo, NJ, Washington and even the Islanders fans are far louder. The Garden is one par with the Rock and BB&T in Florida.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
17952849_1472596666093939_2250059824236127842_n.jpg

Feel bad for whoever spent money going to that game.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
No matter how much you repeat it, it doesnt make it more true. Zucc had a good game and was one of very few NYR players who actually gave a ****. His penalty was about his only negative. But i know you just love hating on him so its ok.

It is true.

I guess you missed him trying to pass the puck through people and taking ill advised shots that had NO chance of getting through all night.

He made 2 good passes last night and thats it. One to Kreider in the 1st and one to Fast in the 3rd, which occurred after his stupid penalty that basically wrapped the game for Montreal.

He sucked. He wasn't the only one, but he did.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Vigneault has lost the room. I've seen the exact scenario unfold in Vancouver. The stars are all aligned in the same fashion. The only difference is Gorton's resolve. It'll come down to if Gorton says I'll give him one more year or not.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Major excuses, and sounds like something said by someone who's only been to the Garden. Fans at MSG have been pathetic for years. Montreal puts us to shame. Buffalo, NJ, Washington and even the Islanders fans are far louder. The Garden is one par with the Rock and BB&T in Florida.

One of the most fickle buildings in the league that doesn't make noise unless something good happens. No wonder why the home team tries razzle-dazzle pond hockey, vice a more straightforward game when their on the road, to wake people up but usually ends up with tragic results.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Vigneault has lost the room. I've seen the exact scenario unfold in Vancouver. The stars are all aligned in the same fashion. The only difference is Gorton's resolve. It'll come down to if Gorton says I'll give him one more year or not.

Hes getting another year no matter what.

The question then becomes if he fires him after we see the same thing repeat itself next year (assuming they don't miss the playoffs all together.)

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
17952849_1472596666093939_2250059824236127842_n.jpg

Feel bad for whoever spent money going to that game.

Lot of times you defend a team when something is said and is over the top, but really can't argue right now with that. I am going tomorrow night, and well, hope they show up this time. I still think they can even this series, they have the roster to do it. But is the heart and determination there?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
If this is true it makes sense. They have quit on AV. Step is going through the motions because he believes what there doing will not work.Others following...oh well who is the next coach?

Travis Green has been my dream coach since his Winterhawk days... But looks like he's next in line for Vancouver.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Barring major roster reconstruction this off-season, I do not see AV lasting the entire next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->