Series discussion: #2 Panthers vs. #3 Lightning - First battle goes to TBL 4-2

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Our forward line up is SOLID. If we can carry our goal scoring success into the playoffs and Bob plays better we're in for an actual run...
yeah, experience and goaltending are the only areas where Panthers in my opinion could lose against Tampa. Panthers really look like a stronger team right now and is riding on a wave. Sadly this ride can end quickly or lead all the way to the finals because of strong opponents in the same division.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
yeah, experience and goaltending are the only areas where Panthers in my opinion could lose against Tampa. Panthers really look like a stronger team right now and is riding on a wave. Sadly this ride can end quickly or lead all the way to the finals because of strong opponents in the same division.
But Panthers own Vasi this year. Not to mention Bob has the recent upset of Tampa Bay in his back pocket.

How can you say they have the edge goaltending wise?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
But Panthers own Vasi this year. Not to mention Bob has the recent upset of Tampa Bay in his back pocket.

Because certain people have given up on Bob and can’t understand that some others haven’t.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Because Vasi is regarded as one of the best, if not the best goaltender in the league?

We shall see how it plays out.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Because Vasi is regarded as one of the best, if not the best goaltender in the league?

We shall see how it plays out.

No doubt Vasi is the better goalie by far, he will be better sheltered if they are fully healthy.
I think is down to 2 things, Goalie and penalty kill, we are better at 5 on 5.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Tampa is elite special teams, both PK and PP.

We are the definitions of average, and honestly could be worse given the schedule and the fact Ekblad did play half the season.

If there are more than 3 penalties a game total, we may be in trouble. Even 3 is too much.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Watching Bruins-Caps... hope Panthers are ready for the increase in physicality.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
sgdgfy6qobz61.jpg

Reactions: BabyBennettov

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
I do get a little sick and tired of the TV commercials. They show the Sabres but not the Panthers. Even the pregame opening showed the Kwafs 4/5times and only one quick glimpse of the Panthers, think it was Barky scoring but I'm probably wrong as it was so quick.

We get zero respect.

Reactions: Boothinator

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Tampa is elite special teams, both PK and PP.

We are the definitions of average, and honestly could be worse given the schedule and the fact Ekblad did play half the season.

If there are more than 3 penalties a game total, we may be in trouble. Even 3 is too much.

I wouldn't say that. We closed out the season very strong on the pk. Granted, they will have Kuch and Stammer back who are probably their 2 best pp players, but Point may be out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad