Serie A 2018/2019

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
CL: Juventus, Napoli, Atalanta, Inter Milan
EL: Lazio, AC Milan, Roma (qualifiers)
Relegated: Chievo Verona, Frosinone, Empoli
Promoted: Brescia, Lecce, Cittadella/Hellas Verona (playoffs still ongoing)

Last edited:

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
The last few minutes of this Inter match...........

Wow. Glorious chance for Empoli on the 90th

If I was a fan of either team I would have a heart attack.

And another one :laugh:

Amazing football.

I can't believe what I'm watching. This is surreal.

Crazy ending.

Take it from me - I just about wanted to kill myself during all of that. Inter has that remarkable ability to qualify for the Champions League and leave their fans pissed off afterwards.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
IMO, Inter easily have the talent to be at worst the 3rd best team in Italy, but they do their best to play at their lowest potential.

How they only got 3 more points than my tragic-ass club is beyond me. Even just having Handanovic instead of Olsen should've made the gap much wider than it ended up being.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

Jesus, I knew it was bad. Berlusconi really did a number on Milan in his final years, and then to make it worse, he sold the team to arguably the biggest fraud in the history of professional sports, Li Yonghong .

Li then spent 200m he didn't really have in a single summer and completely went against all the rules of FFP and logic. It's no wonder UEFA helped boot this guy out.

To say Elliot Management have a mess to clean up would be the understatement of the century.

Good luck, your margin for error is so damn slim when it comes to player acquisition. Be smart and go with youth, please.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Haha jokes aside, from everything I've read and the press conference I watched, I'm actually allowing myself to believe this is a good thing for Fiorentina.

Talk is cheap, but it'd be pretty difficult to be worse than the Della Valle, imo.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
ESPNFC did a Q&A with Commisso

https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/ma...sting-in-serie-a-and-his-fight-with-us-soccer

I too watched his introductory press conference and it was a bit comical when he talked about his youth on vacation in Italy and then when somebody asked him about his Juve fandom, it was something out of Goodfellas :D Though his story about watching the World Cup on a big screen inside Madison Square Garden in the 70s hit home because that's exactly what my dad did in the 70s as well and when we cleaned out the attic this winter we found 1974 World Cup program stubs (it was like going to the movies)

Last edited:
Reactions: Il Mediano

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Q: It's also going to take time because Financial Fair Play rules mean you have to grow organically. You can't just blow hundreds of millions on new players.

A:
Yeah and that's one thing I find wrong... It's a vicious circle. You can't invest unless you generate more money, and you can't generate more money unless you buy better players. But you can't buy better players unless you invest. I hope UEFA finds a way to help people who want to put in money.

Ain't that the truth, unless you're a club owned by a country of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: Juve

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad