Serie A 2018/2019

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
That's 8 straight titles for Juve. Domestically this level of sustained success is quite remarkable among the Big 5 Leagues, no matter what the circumstance.

Europe's most league and cup wins, longest streaks

Still got awhile to go before they match 14 Lincoln (Gibraltar) 2002/03–2015/16 and 14 Skonto (Latvia) 1991–2004 though :sarcasm:
Ya. I still can’t believe how Lincoln crapped the bed in 2017/18 though...

In all seriousness, although I’ve championed Serie A in the past couple of seasons as starting be regain some of the prestige it once had (many games have actually been quite entertaining over the past two seasons despite traditional narratives), the league needs someone to challenge Juve’s dominance if it wants to continue its ascension back into the top class of European domestic leagues.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
n all seriousness, although I’ve championed Serie A in the past couple of seasons as starting be regain some of the prestige it once had

This is a down year for sure, but it's still growing from where it was. Even the minnows are gradually becoming more competitive as you can see with the likes of Parma. Hopefully when Palermo comes back up, and with it's new (not totally insane) ownership, that'll add another club to the mix.

But yeah, at the top, outside of Milan, I don't think any club can really say they've progressed. Napoli ain't what it was under Sarri and is only in second by default, really. Inter has essentially stagnated under Spalletti after another summer of big spending. Roma's undoubtedly worse, same with Lazio (though, not to the same degree), imo.

Atalanta's the shining light of the league outside of Juve (I guess). That's a program you can respect. Fiorentina's trying to go down a similar path, but they have owners that don't really care at all. I'd love it if someone ambitious bought them because there's real potential in that club/city. Torino deserves credit as well, but I'm not sure how sustainable it is.

That said, it's still a long way from where it was in the 90's/the early '00s. And it won't even come close to those days until the Milan clubs get their sh** together. Napoli and Roma have tried to challenge Juve, and have come close a couple of times, but they simply don't have the revenues of the Milan clubs.

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
Torino-Milan, what a game for a neutral spectator! The ref lost control of the game in first half and the teams did not disappoint in the second. :D
It was a circus more than a game. Very entertaining. Torino won 2-0 so the competition for Euroleagues gets even tighter. England, Spain and Italy all have pretty nice competition in the last rounds for those precious spots. :)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
What a crazy run from SPAL... 19 points in last 8 matches -> 6 Wins, 1 Draw 1 Loss, GD: 16-6 (+10)
- from relegation zone to 10th place, nuts

Wins over Juve,Roma,Lazio... (although wins over Chievo,Frosinone & Empoli as well)

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
a1012e86eec0bde2987996c93e998463.jpg

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Wow, what a finish to Genoa-Roma. From being sad about not getting the three to being glad to hold onto the one

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
ugh, after arguably our best performance of the season, the Tinkerman tinkered and we were dreadful today.

Didn't even deserve 1 point, to be honest.

Mourinho apparently was only interested in Roma if we made CL, so I guess there's always a silver lining.

Reactions: Evilo

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Pezzella injured... guess that means no Copa. Big blow has Argentina have literally no depth at CB. Otamendi...Foyth... f*** me.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Haha...
After saying he wasn't good enough for Serie A he dominated Milan midfield.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Don't care how well he played in the latter half of the season (after a horrendous first half) if he's going to behave like an idiot.

And btw, Milan is sending him back because he has attitude problems. He's not going back because of his play on the field.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
First half like in 5 games?

Riiiiiight.

Yeah I know Gattuso is mad at him (for lack of discipline), and I won't comment that. Doesn't mean he has "attitude problems" though since Gattuso had his share lol.
Still, your posts about him are AT BEST extremely laughable.
You only commented about him in his first 5 games, was silent for months when he started to rule, and then you're back when he has a fall out with Gattuso.

LOL.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
I said several times on this board that he was playing great. In fact, I'm pretty sure I called him Milan's best player at one point.

He refused to come on as a sub today. Of course, I'm sure you'll blame the manager as you always do with young French players with attitude problems. Gattuso is your typical southern Italian but I don't think you can blame him for Bakayoko showing up late to training repeatedly this season.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Really?
As I said, I won't comment that, because it's quite obvious he had a fallout with Gattuso and deserves a punishment.
That, however, doesn't warrante being called someone with attitude problems since he never showed this in Rennes, Monaco and Chelsea.

Now, PLEASE TELL ME where I save ANY french player from attitude problems? WHERE? Stop LYING. I've blamed some all the time.
Heck, I recently heard Ndombele had attitude problems and wrote it twice here already. Did I blame anyone else but him?
Nope.
The only guy I defended was Dembele who was suddenly classified as the last trash on earth when Valverde didn't play him. That's about the only example you can find, and in fact, Dembele proved not to be that much of a garbage can since.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad