Serie A 20/21

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Who would have thought hiring a coach with absolutely zero experience would be a good idea? :sarcasm:
They wanted their own Zidane in Pirlo forgetting that he actually coached and earned badges before getting the Real Madrid job. I am actually sad to see Pirlo fail because he was almost always the smartest player on the pitch and could have easily transitioned to coaching by letting make his way up the ladder naturally.

Reactions: Juve

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Who would have thought hiring a coach with absolutely zero experience would be a good idea? :sarcasm:

Pirlo seems to be stuck with the 3-5-2 formation idea where he had a lot of success as a deep lying playmaker with Juve. I’ve got bad news for him. There is NO Pirlo on this team to make it work.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Sampadoria's last two results are pretty impressive. Two clubs in the top four last year.

gnr25

May 22, 2008
Ottawa
Well, that did not take Zlatan long.
6 goals in 5 matches (all competitions)

5 goals in 3 matches in Serie A

gnr25

May 22, 2008
Ottawa
Dzeko header equalizes off a corner.
Milan’s backup was not in a good enough position. He jumped at the wrong place.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Juve f***ed up my parlay for today. On the bright side, they aren't going to win the Scudetto this season.

I think that was pretty much a given the moment they hired a coach with zero experience.

Pirlo seems to be stuck with the 3-5-2 formation idea where he had a lot of success as a deep lying playmaker with Juve. I’ve got bad news for him. There is NO Pirlo on this team to make it work.

I don't recall the last time a team won CL with 3 cbs.

I thought he said he's willing to adapt to his players. This is not adapting.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
And Morata was born offside

He’s still been having a good season. Juve needed a convincing win today, and got it. Getting Ronaldo back is a large part of that. Pirlo needs to stop rotating so much. That never helps new coaches. Today was a little better, and let’s see if it carries over into the next few games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad