Serie A 19/20

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
What an ending.

I gotta say, in the last 2-3 years the Seria A derby games have been insane. Juve, Napoli, Inter, Milan - between those 4 most of all.

Feel sorry for Koulibaly, he had a rough game and it ends on that note, brutal, especially seeing as how he's usually SO good.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
De Ligt was awful. Made some judgement errors I've never seen him do. Very un-De Ligt like. I think the communication with Sandro was especially poor, but that will improve. He had some tensions which he never seem to shook off.

This reminded me of his first game for Oranje.

Also, Koulibaly might've been even worse and I am not only talking about that own goal.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Give it a month or two. De Ligt is having tons of Italian lessons. Once the communication sets in and he shakes off his nerves he'll show his worth. I think he's also a bit star struck and shy. That will come around as well.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Give it a month or two. De Ligt is having tons of Italian lessons. Once the communication sets in and he shakes off his nerves he'll show his worth. I think he's also a bit star struck and shy. That will come around as well.

I am not too worried about him for the same reasons you wrote and his age. I am more worried about Bonnuci leading the backline.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Very entertaining start to the Italian season. Some crazy games last week and this Juve-Napoli gams was a treat to watch. Of course, you’ll always get the people who are going to go bs o to 20 year old stereo types and claim this to be a boring a purely defensive league.

Fact is that Serie A has been very fun in general for 3 seasons now at least.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Just finished watching... Crazy game....Two of the highest rated CB's in the world were awful...De Licht looked like they pulled him out of the U15 academy....His defending on the 2nd goal was a stunning, stunning lack of awareness. To not shoulder check at least once and locate Lozano there.....

Entertaining all the same..

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I had such high hopes that this league was going to be rejuvenated by talent, but that Roma/Lazio game was absolutely terrible to watch. Sadly this is by far the least interesting league of the major five.

Also I will laugh whoever spends 60+ million on Koulibaly, he is Serie A's version of Kurt Zouma.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Also I will laugh whoever spends 60+ million on Koulibaly, he is Serie A's version of Kurt Zouma.

Eh? He just had a rough game after being, arguably, the best CB in the Serie A last season and is quite possibly one of the best in the entire world.

Reactions: YNWA14

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Eh? He just had a rough game after being, arguably, the best CB in the Serie A last season and is quite possibly one of the best in the entire world.
Sorry Ajacied, but one of the best in the entire world? That was meant as a joke right? There is no way that a bloke who keeps making errors week after week is one of the best CB's in the world. He has Xhaka brains in a Hulk body and because he so physically dominant people think he's amazing. If that's that case then Davinson Sanchez is one of the best CB/RBs in the world as well.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I had such high hopes that this league was going to be rejuvenated by talent, but that Roma/Lazio game was absolutely terrible to watch. Sadly this is by far the least interesting league of the major five.

Roma-Lazio was always the least interesting of the derbies to watch.

Games between Napoli, Inter and Juve have been an absolute treat to watch the last few years, and even with Milan.

And Koulibaly had one bad game, he's a world class CB, top-10 at least, probably higher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad