Serie A 19/20

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Sarri desperately trying to offload Dybala last summer was a really weird. I understand desiring players that fit your tactics but sometimes you have players that are just so talented that you should at least try to adjust your tactics for them.Especially when the player in question is one of the few creative options on the team.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nice to see Immobile getting ignored BTW. He accounted for 44 goals this season, 56% of his team's goals.
Dybala as a comparison accounted for 17 goals, 22%.

Then again, it had to be Juve since regardless of performance, Juve wins it every year except once for Icardi.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The irony is too much tbh. Imagine if they only play him as a 9....I wonder how @S E P H feels about this.
I did mention somewhere in January or February that when I watched him, he looked phenomenal. Though, still not better than Icardi and still somewhat overrated considering blokes on here were calling him the next generational Argentinian since Messi which he isn't. However, he's making his way back into the top calibre discussion.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Nobody called him generational per se, but the amount of hype he got on here was crazy to the point you'd think he was a generational prospect or something.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Immobile tying the single-season goals record, great season from him. Shame Lazio fell off after the break, if they kept pace with their performances from earlier they would've won the league.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Nice to see Immobile getting ignored BTW. He accounted for 44 goals this season, 56% of his team's goals.
Dybala as a comparison accounted for 17 goals, 22%.

Then again, it had to be Juve since regardless of performance, Juve wins it every year except once for Icardi.

Meh Dybala doesn't play closer to goal like Immobile that's why his goals tally has dipped since coming to Juve. Had he played in the position he did in Palermo or his first year in juve he would be top scorer. Both had incredibly years though.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Who cares if he plays closer to goal?
Immobile carried his team to a CL spot.
Wanna bet if Juve is champs without Dybala?
And it's not as if Dybala was working hard defensively.

Nah, this makes little sense, and no knock on Dybala who had a great season. Immobile had an amazing season.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
I am on the Immobile camp here. Even if they faltered after the extended break; Lazio defied expectations and Immobile was a big reason why. Equalling the scoring record is not an easy feat and that should have been enough to clinch it.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Sarri desperately trying to offload Dybala last summer was a really weird. I understand desiring players that fit your tactics but sometimes you have players that are just so talented that you should at least try to adjust your tactics for them.Especially when the player in question is one of the few creative options on the team.

It wasn't Sarri who wanted to sell him. It's the stupid management who wanted to sell him in order to create "Plusvalenza". That's Cancelo was sold.......

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Who cares if he plays closer to goal?
Immobile carried his team to a CL spot.
Wanna bet if Juve is champs without Dybala?
And it's not as if Dybala was working hard defensively.

Nah, this makes little sense, and no knock on Dybala who had a great season. Immobile had an amazing season.

That’s why Immobile has better stats. Dybala’s role isn’t to score. Its to drive the offence and create for his teammates.

Reactions: Cassano

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Lool
You understand 14 is not even close to half of 36 right?
And Dybala creates for others but has less assists.
Isn’t even close to half? It’s just shy of half... not that has anything to do with anything.

look at Santi assist rate compared to Suarez. The closer you play to goal the more assists/goals you will get. You know this but what ever. I honestly couldn’t care less about the award.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->