Serie A 19/20

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Guess it's not worth noting anymore what an embarrassment Inter are. When you've blown a 2nd half lead in eight of your last 16 league games, I guess it's seen as par for the course and generally unremarkable.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So, there's a great game going to take place today between Juve and Atalanta that I would love to watch. I go on ESPN and they're showing an old dancing tournament on ESPN II and then a random basketball tournament on their first channel. Like wtf? What's the point of them buying the rights for Serie A when all they do is play their games on the streaming service? E: NEVER trust ESPN.

Reactions: Cassano and Juve

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Lazio, after hanging right with Juventus all season long, are now in free fall losing three in a row.

All the better setup for the Juventus-Atalanta clash, which could see Atalanta climb into 2nd place with a win.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
So, there's a great game going to take place today between Juve and Atalanta that I would love to watch. I go on ESPN and they're showing an old dancing tournament on ESPN II and then a random basketball tournament on their first channel. Like wtf? What's the point of them buying the rights for Serie A when all they do is play their games on the streaming service? E: NEVER trust ESPN.

it is frustrating but the point is to get you to shell
Out the $6-7 a month for Espn Plus

For $12 you can get Disney plus, Hulu plus and ESPN plus. My wife is happy, my daughters happy. Everyone wins. Smart pricks.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn

For $12 you can get Disney plus, Hulu plus and ESPN plus. My wife is happy, my daughters happy. Everyone wins. Smart pricks.
I mean, sure but if you are not gonna put any content on your TV channel why are we going to pay for cable to get it? Unless their end game is to cut ties with cable networks.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL

Yeah, this has been ESPN's MO. They've aired a decent number of Serie A games on ESPN and ESPN2 recently, but I've seen one Lazio game and no Juve/Atalanta/Inter/Milan games. Maybe I missed one, but it's mostly been them airing teams with nothing at stake and that nobody cares about. They've aired three Sassuolo games but not the one where they played Inter, for instance. It's actually pretty incredible and so obviously deliberate.

And gross, too. I understand trying to get people to pay for your package, but if you have broadcast rights, you have an expectation to try and help grow the brand. ESPN is doing anything but that.

EDIT - lemme add to this. They're airing two games tomorrow on ESPN. SPAL vs. Genoa, and Parma vs. Bologna. I know they've aired Parma, Genoa, and Bologna games already, and I think even SPAL. But they can't be bothered to air the game between the two best teams in Italy today. That's disgusting.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Zapata puts Atalanta up 1-0 at the quarter hour mark.

Atalanta didn’t touch the ball for the first five minutes but then Juve barley touched the ball in the next ten.

Reactions: Evilo

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I can't think of a single television organisation that would purposely put their best games on the streaming service. You would want to show what the league has to offer and market that you can watch the remaining on ESPN+. But BK is right, I saw Serie A games on ESPN, but they legitimately showed Fiorentina vs Parma, Sussuolo vs Bresica, Inter Milan vs SPAL, and Udinese vs Torino lol. You're not getting any new fans with those matches lol.

I haven't watched too much of Serie A because it's a schoolboy league, but holy shit Atalanta has absolutely wrecked Juve in this starting 15 minutes. They absolutely deserve to be up a goal from Zapata, @Juve you are spot on. They look so subdued, old, and passive, I never seen Juventus look this passive. They're going to run over PSG.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Funny how Juventus overpaid big time for two players that will not lead them to the Champions League promised land. Cristiano Ronaldo is too old and de Ligt too young and inexperienced in a top 5 league. Their defence is aging and has no depth. They had to play Juan Cuadrado as a right back. Awful.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Funny how Juventus overpaid big time for two players that will not lead them to the Champions League promised land. Cristiano Ronaldo is too old and de Ligt too young and inexperienced in a top 5 league. Their defence is aging and has no depth. They had to play Juan Cuadrado as a right back. Awful.

De Ligt transfer is fine. It's the other transfers I have issues with including the Ronaldo deal. They have been stupid with transfers the last years.

I feel sorry for De Ligt's balls. I am not a guy so I don't know how it feels, but I can imagine it must be especially painful with studs.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
De Ligt transfer is fine. It's the other transfers I have issues with including the Ronaldo deal. They have been stupid with transfers the last years.
Most expensive CB in the game?
Nah, definitely not fine.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It's not like Atalanta are any younger though; Zapata is 29, Ilicic is 32, Papu is 32, and a couple others in the late 20s. Sure a lot of them are in their primes, but Atalanta looks like 2009 Barca and Juventus is San Marino national team. That half wasn't even close and Cuadrado doesn't even look like he belongs to play against an U18 team. I suggest that 3-4-3 is today's modern day version of 4-3-3.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I feel sorry for De Ligt's balls. I am not a guy so I don't know how it feels, but I can imagine it must be especially painful with studs.
Yeah getting hit in the jewels is not pleasant, probably the worst stomach pain you can imagine.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Yep. While this is also one of the most attacking leagues in Europe, he plays in a team where he should be insulated from that, and he sucks. It's really the same thing as John Stones. The player needs to show his potential immediately at that price. I haven't seen that at all.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world

The transfer is an investment. The prices for young players have been absolutely insane the last few years. He captained Ajax to a semifinal CL as a 19 year old. He has tremendous potential. Look at what ManU paid for Maguire...... I am not complaining on that deal because our defense is aging. We need someone who grow and be there for years. De Ligt has been a beast in the second part of the season. De Ligt has shown he's better defensively than Bonucci at most time. Look had badly the defense was exposed with both Rugani and Bonucci playing. My biggest problem was Cancel for Danillo. Danillo is the biggest scam artist. And don't get started with the Higuain transfer.

I just wish they invest in real midfielders.

Yeah getting hit in the jewels is not pleasant, probably the worst stomach pain you can imagine.

I can only assume it hurts. I've seen guys dying on the floor with just a slight tap.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->