Serie A 19/20

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Admittedly I saw limited Serie A before Covid. Getting to watch my fair share now. Can someone explain how Roma are ahead of Napoli?

Carlo destroyed Napoli. When Gattuso took over they had a lot of extremely hard matches they weren't likely to win to begin with and they plunged further down the table. Lozano and Llorente have also been busts.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
ESPN at it's finest...

Napoli vs Roma...airs Fiorentina vs Parma. :facepalm:

A match where all goals were penalty kicks and was pretty brutal to watch overall. Honestly not sure anybody stood out like at all...maybe got something good to say about Castrovilli and Pezzella, but that's it.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Gattuso has done a good job since taking over at Napoli. Maybe De Laurentiis is not crazy and maybe Milan is the problem and not the coach.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Well, just got done watching the Inter game...

...what a bunch of losers. This club wants to talk ambition for next year and I'm all for that, but only if your performance merits talking such lofty goals. 17 points lost from winning positions doesn't merit that. Leading 1-0, with a penalty kick, against bottom-half 10-man Bologna, and conspiring to end up losing the game from that situation, is pathetic and, frankly, unforgivable. And, to be honest, Bologna had been unlucky that they hadn't scored previously leading up to that, but the response to the whole situation was that of a relegation side, not a team with Scudetto expectations next year.

Bring in a new manager, bring in new players, bring in whoever the hell you want. As long as that loser mentality still reeks around the club like a bad odor, this team isn't winning a g-ddamned thing.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Well, just got done watching the Inter game...

...what a bunch of losers. This club wants to talk ambition for next year and I'm all for that, but only if your performance merits talking such lofty goals. 17 points lost from winning positions doesn't merit that. Leading 1-0, with a penalty kick, against bottom-half 10-man Bologna, and conspiring to end up losing the game from that situation, is pathetic and, frankly, unforgivable. And, to be honest, Bologna had been unlucky that they hadn't scored previously leading up to that, but the response to the whole situation was that of a relegation side, not a team with Scudetto expectations next year.

Bring in a new manager, bring in new players, bring in whoever the hell you want. As long as that loser mentality still reeks around the club like a bad odor, this team isn't winning a g-ddamned thing.

With the quality of players Conte has, he should be embarassed of the results. This situation smells more and more like Marcello Lippi as Inter's coach.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
With the quality of players Conte has, he should be embarassed of the results. This situation smells more and more like Marcello Lippi as Inter's coach.

I'm just going to say that Lippi was before my time. I really got into this sport at the club level somewhere around 2012 and been an Inter fan since around 2013-'14 or so. Based on that description, though, obviously I'll have to hope you're wrong with how things turn out.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Juve suddenly collapse and Milan takes a 3-2 lead after 68 mins, Ibra involved in two goals and Leao finishing nicely the third.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cassano

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Seeing Juventus collapse is fun but it won't matter since the pursuers have just been terrible since the restart. Seeing Inter lose to 10 man Bologna and Lazio lose to relegation side Lecce was pathetic.

Reactions: DrMartinVanNostrand

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Some turn around for Milan, not only in the game, but they’ve been getting positive results since the restart and have climbed into 5th in the league from being as far down as 13-14th place.

Rebic was fantastic in the second half.

Yet another high scoring Serie A game.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Some turn around for Milan, not only in the game, but they’ve been getting positive results since the restart and have climbed into 5th in the league from being as far down as 13-14th place.

Rebic has been a revelation the second half of the season.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
What do you think of Romero's chances? It doesn't seem like he had the best year on loan.

I am really not sure. He did have a better season last year, even with an average season he can't be any worse than Rugani. I read rumours that management is trying to use him for swap deals. I'd like to give him a chance because Chiellini and the Traitor are not getting any younger.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Atalanta are now on run of form seeing a record of 12-0-1 in their past 13 games in all comps, including 9 straight Serie A wins.

Highlights on this run are-
7-0 and 7-2 away wins to Torino and Lecce respectively
wins both home and away to Valencia in the CL
crucial league victories over Lazio and Napoli

Reactions: Evilo

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street

IIRC they recently announced thay are getting a new coach next season, not sure why

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad