Serie A 19/20

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Not playing for Gasperini will do that in some instances, but I would think Gosens would be a good fit.

I don't think it's the coach, who is doing great things anyway. We will have the proof when he leaves Bergamo too. I am very curious to see them against Juventus and in the Champions League.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Seems like Juve's gonna end up running the table at this rate. Or doing so long enough to outlast whatever push Lazio still has in them.

Practically almost all players who leave Bergamo turn out to be different and very disappointing players.

Bastoni appears to be an exception to this rule, but he also barely played at Atalanta to begin with so maybe that made him immune to the effects of being indoctrinated by Gasperini. Makes me wonder if Kulusevski will fare just as well at Juve since he only made three appearances as an Atalanta player as well.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
That hand ball was such a pillow soft penalty to call. As much as I don't know what the solution is to "fix" hand ball decisions...something about the way it currently is doesn't feel like a solution.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
That hand ball was such a pillow soft penalty to call. As much as I don't know what the solution is to "fix" hand ball decisions...something about the way it currently is doesn't feel like a solution.

Its a tough one. De Ligt's hand was out so it makes sense in that regard, but there was clearly no intent on his part.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Seems like Juve's gonna end up running the table at this rate. Or doing so long enough to outlast whatever push Lazio still has in them.

Bastoni appears to be an exception to this rule, but he also barely played at Atalanta to begin with so maybe that made him immune to the effects of being indoctrinated by Gasperini. Makes me wonder if Kulusevski will fare just as well at Juve since he only made three appearances as an Atalanta player as well.

We'll see how Bastoni develop, Kulusevski seems to be a nice one I really like him.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
4 straight games of Dybala and Ronaldo scoring in the same game. Best duo in Italy?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not playing for Gasperini will do that in some instances, but I would think Gosens would be a good fit.
Conte going to go for another PL retread instead. Feels like an Emerson spot if Chelsea get Chilwell

Reactions: Cassano

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Doubt it. Ronaldo is washed up I’ve heard.
In terms of where he was just a few years ago; he is "washed up". His goal scoring instinct is intact but everything else is gone. Juventus bought him to be the Real Madrid game changer that could win the Champions League but he is basically just replacing the goal production that Higuain used to have.

Reactions: Tutu to

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
In terms of where he was just a few years ago; he is "washed up". His goal scoring instinct is intact but everything else is gone. Juventus bought him to be the Real Madrid game changer that could win the Champions League but he is basically just replacing the goal production that Higuain used to have.
I’ve been saying this for years. He’s not the game changer he was at Man U or his early Real Madrid days. Even when he was winning consecutive champions leagues with Madrid I never thought he was as good as Messi. That being said he’s arguably the best goal scorer of all time. He’s very much the Ovechkin of soccer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He's been fantastic since joining Bologna. It won't be that long before big teams knocking on his door if he continues to play that.

Argentinians can't take penalties.

I thought he hasnt been playing well? From what I've seen he was meh early and hasnt played much since the restart?

:(

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I was referring to Martinez. He missed his penalty like a lot of Argentinians. Dominguez has been great coming off the bench since the restart.
Oh I know... I was talking about Dominquez since the games I've seen he's hardly played and been meh. The passing is there though.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Admittedly I saw limited Serie A before Covid. Getting to watch my fair share now. Can someone explain how Roma are ahead of Napoli?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad