sergei zinovjev

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedorov_jr

May 8, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
whats up with this guy? he's putting up solid numbers in the RSL, but is no where to be found on the futures page for the bruins.... he's only played in 10 NHL games, so he should still qualify... what does he have to offer? i've heard of some issues he had with bruins management when they wanted to send him to the AHL.... anything anyone can tell me about him talent or otherwise?

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
hockeysfuture.com said:
Conversely, if a player completes the season of his 24th birthday without passing those milestones, then that player will no longer be considered a prospect by Hockey’s Future, regardless of the player’s status with his NHL club
He's not a prospect anymore by hf's standards.

fedorov_jr

May 8, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
what is it that doesnt make him a prospect? his age? if nathan horton can play 50+ games in the NHL and still be considered a prospect, it must not be a games played issue....

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
fedorov_jr said:
whats up with this guy? he's putting up solid numbers in the RSL, but is no where to be found on the futures page for the bruins.... he's only played in 10 NHL games, so he should still qualify... what does he have to offer? i've heard of some issues he had with bruins management when they wanted to send him to the AHL.... anything anyone can tell me about him talent or otherwise?

Very talented.

Small...doesn't like to have short shifts.

Coulda made more money playing in Russian than the AHL last year.

Has some personality issues perhaps with B's managment :shakehead .

Set up by angry Russian boss (for smoking mari when he was not)

Agent couldn't get him to camp on time which really hurt him.

Only had 1 assist in 10 games... probley on the Bruins most beautiful goal of the year (give-n'go with Samsonov).

Could be a important piece of Bruins puzzle...or play out the rest of his career in Russia.... who knows.

Supposedly says he wants to come back to Boston.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
fedorov_jr said:
what is it that doesnt make him a prospect? his age? if nathan horton can play 50+ games in the NHL and still be considered a prospect, it must not be a games played issue....
A skater needs to play 65+ games in the NHL to graduate as a prospect.

And wether a young player is rated as a prospect or not, should really not mean that much...

bruins4777*

well its nice when a guy is a prospect cause then you can see the HF writeup...i remeber there being a really nice writeup on the guy though...

here's a nice article
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=7257&mode=threaded&order=0
here's the last top 20 done by the bruins writer
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=7199&mode=threaded&order=0
it has zinjonev, but he's not on the official list anymore...weird.

anyways, as a bruins fan i'm very high on his talent, but i'm really unsure about him as a player. I'm not sure if he'll ever come over and show the desire to stay. I think he can be a solid 2nd liner, with possible greater potential, but if he has an attitude problem now, i'm worried if he'll have it down the road and IF he does reach staredome we'll have to deal with an alexi yashin or something, in terms of attitude.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
I dont know this prospect at all. But reading the little report (in the links above) make me think sometimes i was reading some sorts of Grabovski (sp?) report.

Fast and talented, draft as a over-ager, doing very very well in the RSL, but will have to overcomes his small stature if he want to have any impacts in the nhl.

Any ones know a bit more about those 2? Are they really a bit similar or the little reports are sending me on a bad track?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad