Sergei Zinoviev

RocheBag

Jan 2, 2007
CBS, Newfoundland
Doesn't seem likely. I believe he wants a guarenteed spot on the big club, along with more money than he's making in Russia which I believe is now $3M/year. He just signed a 5 year extension with his Russian team.

RussianProspects

Feb 14, 2003
www.russianprospects.com
I doubt we will see him in the NHL even though he is very qualified. He is one of the best forwards in Russia, but the money situation is pretty hard for Boston to match. The five agreements are kind of laughable though - I doubt either side will maintain it he'll be in Kazan in 5 years. It could happen, but most likely if anything happens to the club, like in the NFL he'll get the contract "renegotiated" or get cut. That's the risk of playing in Russia - just as Byron Dafoe....(he came for one deal and then his club wanted to reduce his salary for no reason).

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
The best thing for NHL fans is o forge about him, he doesn't have enough talent to be a star in NHL IMO, so he chosen to be a star at RSL.)))))))

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
He is a heartless coward who didnt put the effort when he was given the chance. He simply doesnt want to go to the top of the mountain, so let him be a big fish in a small pond.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
He is a heartless coward who didnt put the effort when he was given the chance. He simply doesnt want to go to the top of the mountain, so let him be a big fish in a small pond.

I hate it when people judge other people like that. He has the chance to be a very good player, with a very good salary, in his own country.

The NHL isn't the only league in the world

msky

Dec 12, 2006
The best thing for NHL fans is o forge about him, he doesn't have enough talent to be a star in NHL IMO, so he chosen to be a star at RSL.)))))))

He has amazing TALENT, he is talented as anybody..

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
I hate it when people judge other people like that. He has the chance to be a very good player, with a very good salary, in his own country.

The NHL isn't the only league in the world

I hate it when people, such as yourself, have no clue whatsoever about what Zinovjev did/expected/demanded in his short tenure as a Bruin a few years ago.
I hope he stays over there.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
oh just to add.. I find it hilarious clowns on here consider him a "prospect."
He is in his 28th year of age.:biglaugh:

Avy*

I think that you ebanat and kusok pidarasini. Any retorts? Lets discuss!

Avy*

That's what you think. For me, he's overrated in Russia.

For you, mudila, every single russian player overrated and the sole purpose of you existence its talk nonsense on boards. But that OK, people who unable to watch RSL even believe in all this ****.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
For you, mudila, every single russian player overrated and the sole purpose of you existence its talk nonsense on boards. But that OK, people who unable to watch RSL even believe in all this ****.

So if someone post what he thinks, and you disagree with that, that's nonsense?

Continue to believe that Zinovyev is world superstar, all russian prospects are future stars, bla, bla etc.
Writem what you think, and I will wright what I think. That's a Discussion Board, not a russian prospects praising board.

Avy*

So if someone post what he thinks, and you disagree with that, that's nonsense?

Continue to believe that Zinovyev is world superstar, all russian prospects are future stars, bla, bla etc.
Writem what you think, and I will wright what I think. That's a Discussion Board, not a russian prospects praising board.

Slitty have opinion, Red Ace have opinion and you just biassed pizdabol. You just don't lose an opportunity to crap out on russian player... cherepanov, kulemin, morozov, varlamov... whatever.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Slitty have opinion, Red Ace have opinion and you just biassed pizdabol. You just don't lose an opportunity to crap out on russian player... cherepanov, kulemin, morozov, varlamov... whatever.

Of course it's much better to read only positive by Slitty.

The most strange thing, is your agression, it's uncalled for. It's not like I offend players or smth. Biased? We all are biased, somebody pro-, somebody anti-. People will decide in what believe.

Btw I don't remember when I wrote something "crappy" about Varlamov or Kulemin etc. Or the crappy post about Kulemin is in Zubov vs Kulemin thread?:sarcasm:
Then either you drink too much, smoke smth, or just stupid.

Avy*

The most strange thing, is your agression, it's uncalled for. It's not like I offend players or smth. Biased? We all are biased, somebody pro-, somebody anti-. People will decide in what believe.

Btw I don't remember when I wrote something "crappy" about Varlamov or Kulemin etc. Or the crappy post about Kulemin is in Zubov vs Kulemin thread?:sarcasm:

1. 93,5% of you posts on this board its "Don't overrate! overrate [insert random rassian player]!" ****.

2. Some naive idiots on this board a actually think that you reliable source.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
1. 93,5% of you posts on this board its "Don't overrate! overrate [insert random rassian player]!" ****.

2. Some naive idiots on this board a actually think that you reliable source.

1.Smth wrong with you stats. maybe it's 91,54678%?:sarcasm:
2.And some think that Zinovyev is world class superstar.

pouskin74*

you talking , talking and talking and talking.... are thinking at all:biglaugh:

Hawkster58

Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Visit site
I just have to wade in here...seems like some members of this board and the NHL are staying away from Russians these days...but let's not forget Russia has and will continue to produce great hockey players with or without a transfer agreement.
It would seem some people and teams are nervous about Russians spurning the NHL to play in the RSL or pulling a Zherdev.

I think second tier players are more likely to stay in Russia for comparable money, but the stars will still come over for the elite competiton and big bucks.

Oh, and don't sell Zinovjev short...he does have the talent to be a top line NHL forward...:yo:

Chinstrap

Jun 30, 2007
I think second tier players are more likely to stay in Russia for comparable money, but the stars will still come over for the elite competiton and big bucks.

Oh, and don't sell Zinovjev short...he does have the talent to be a top line NHL forward...:yo:

This is what I've been hearing about him, but I'm curious as to if, as you said, he will be a "second tier player who stays in Russia for comparable money" or will be a "star who comes over for the elite competition and big bucks".

Avy*

This is what I've been hearing about him, but I'm curious as to if, as you said, he will be a "second tier player who stays in Russia for comparable money" or will be a "star who comes over for the elite competition and big bucks".

Zinovjev top-30 NHL talent. It being known that some players like Morozov, for example, just made for big rinks, for this level of intense, for this level of physical contact and for that kind of game compactness. That the reason why Morozov, amazingly talented forward have much much lower future trends in NHL, than for instance Kulemin. But Zinovjev IMHO almost perfect… he have speed, he have acceleration, he have gorgeous hands and on ice he real "fighter", not soft and know how play in defence. Full packing center in his best years. Why he don’t play on NHL? I don’t know… maybe homesick, maybe just don’t feel comfortably himself in America, maybe he quarrel with Boston direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad