Sergei Shirokov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fender

Jun 24, 2002
From what I could find, this guy was 2004 draft eligible, yet went unpicked. I thought for sure he would have been at least a late rounder. Looks like some teams missed out on a steal last draft. Sure he is a showboater but he sure has skill.
What does everyone else know/think about him.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I think that he was eligible, but opted out. I was also anticipating someone taking a chance on him in at least the later rounds (or even the mid rounds), but I am pretty sure I remember reading that he opted out.

Maybe one of our draft gurus knows for sure.

X-SHARKIE

He was simply passed over in the 2004 draft. Which is very surprising :dunno: I always liked the guy, I have him 97th on my list.

I like the Darcy Tucker with skill comparison. Shirkov is a thorne in the side of opponets and plays a very physical game and shows a liking to traffic and physical play, yet he's a very impressive skater and has you seen him on the penalty shot vs Montoya, he can finish and has some very impressive hands.

His defensive game is also impressive, what a play that was to read the defenders then split them and take the puck down the ice for a breakaway.

2004 draft is a trick one because two great players, Shrikov from Russia and Jordan Lavalle of the Quebec Remparts were passed up and now they look like you'll possibly need to use a first day pick to aquire them.

Shirkov was excellent at the Re-max games to from what I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->