Sergei moves to Beantown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
NewsFlash: Jason Allison traded to Ottawa. Sergei Fedorov chapter begins in Beantown.

After 24 hours of negotiations and pints, GM Krueger emerged from the Rusty Bean to meet a large crowd of reporters gathered outside on the street.

"I am pleased to announce that the Boston Bruins will have a new threat at center this season - a perrenial all-star and one of the greatest Russians to ever play this game - Sergei Federov. While we welcome Sergei to our organization, we must also depart with Jason Allison and we thank him for his years of service - he has been a great contributor to this team's past success on the ice, and we wish him all the best in Ottawa."

Ottawa is in the process of cutting salary to fit under the cap by the start of the season, and the Bruins had sufficient cap room to take on the Russian's salary making Boston a good fit for the transaction.

A strong rivalry exists between the two teams who have dominated the eastern conference for the past two years. However, GMs Krueger and Fernandes share a cordial relationship despite the bitter hatred their respective fans have for each other. Ottawa has traditionally had a slight upper-hand in their match-ups but Krueger is more confident this year: "Ottawa will suffer humiliating defeat on the ice. But in a nice way."

The Bruins also gave up a 4th and 7th round pick in this years draft as part of the deal.

Reporting from the Rusty Bean,

Bobby Orr
Boston Globe

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Claudio Mannarino said:
Hi Doug,

Just wondering if you received the trade between SJ and Phili?

Claudio

I am now caught up on approvals for all submitted trades. I'll be posting them in a thread shortly, (which we'll ask Matt to "stickify").

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Ohio Jones said:
I am now caught up on approvals for all submitted trades. I'll be posting them in a thread shortly, (which we'll ask Matt to "stickify").

For those that might be wondering, that's pronounced "stick-ee-FY!"

Sorta like "dy-no-MITE!"...but not really. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad