Sergei Kostitsyn or Benoit Pouliot?

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
Benoit Pouliot, easily IMO. They are not even the same kind of players.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I dont know if you means ''andrei'' because sergei is definitively not in the same class as Pouliot

Pouliot
-
-
-
-
-
S.Kostitsyn

Lars

Aug 22, 2005
Vancouver Canada
Pouliot, Hes a much safer bet to be an NHL'r with his size, grit, smooth skating, and style of play. However i question his offensive skills, He wont be the 1st line forward he was slated to be, hell i could see him even falling off the 2nd line. I never thought they were that great.. After having an outstanding 04-05 campaign he really went under the radar in 05-06... getting little to no recognition.

I see him as a future 2nd-3rd liner.

As for Sergei Kostitsyn, he is still very raw, and a ways away from the NHL, making him a risky choice. But i will say this, I wouldn't be surprised if Sergei kostitsyn turns out to be a better player in the NHL, as his offensive ceiling is higher.

But for now, definately go with Pouliot.

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
It wouldn't shock me if Kostitsyn ended up having a better NHL career then both Pouliot. I'm not a fan of Pouliot and Kostitsyn played surprisingly well last year in the O.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
kostitsyn may end up to be a huge steal, but for now i have to go with pouliot. but i believe kostitsyn could surprise. especially considering he was picked in the 7th round.

Squeaky

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Picked 200th or picked 4th in the same draft, which was only a year ago. This should be a pretty easy choice, no?

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
they are actually closer then most of you think. Benoit has never really impressed me much for being so highly touted.
I think Sergei's game will translate well into the NHL.

Bryzga lol*

We'll find out next year if Kostitsyn can produce without Schremp (spelling?)...I believe London's losing a few other good players right?

If Kostitsyn can hit 100 points next season, I'd rank him higher than Pouliot, but for now Pouliot is ahead by a mile.

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
Who will be the better player? Kostitsyn had a better OHL season at is first season.

Fair enough rationale... but remember that Kostisyn was playing with OHL superstars in Bolland and Schremp on a regular basis... Pouliot was playing on a much weaker team.

Pouliot took a litte step back this year, but IMO is still a blue-chipper who can develop into a very good NHLer one day. Kostisyn raised eyebrows, but isn't near being as good of a pro prospect as Pouliot.

KaptainKourage*

I'm sure the habs right now would trade Sergei Kostitsyn and more right now for Benoit Pouliot, so......

Straight up, yes.
Add a lot of more ? Dont think so.
Andrei may play much better if he's brother around.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I'm not a fan of Pouliot at all.

At the same time, I hardly believe that Kostitsyn is anywhere near the real deal.

I'd take Pouliot without thinking much on this even if I'm not a huge fan of his.

Transported Upstater

I'm not a fan of Pouliot at all.

At the same time, I hardly believe that Kostitsyn is anywhere near the real deal.

I'd take Pouliot without thinking much on this even if I'm not a huge fan of his.

Pouliot didn't impress me last year.

He doesn't seem to have the most incredible work ethic, and he resorted to a lot of cheap shots. He needs to play more under control.

Pouliot is VERY raw. When Minnesota considered bringing him in last year I laughed hysterically. He'll need AT LEAST one year in Houston, possibly more. He needs to mature, physically and mentally.

However, he has the size, skating and skills that all teams covet, which is why he was drafted so high (too high IMO, I would have taken Brule before everyone not named Crosby or Johnson).

However, his potential far exceeds SK's at this point, and the idea they are being compared is laughable.

Last edited by a moderator:

STS44

Apr 13, 2006
We'll find out next year if Kostitsyn can produce without Schremp (spelling?)...I believe London's losing a few other good players right?

If Kostitsyn can hit 100 points next season, I'd rank him higher than Pouliot, but for now Pouliot is ahead by a mile.

Kostitstyn has the POTENTIAL to be a better all around player than Pouliot. Pouliot seemed to float at times last season letting his talent get him by. Kostitstyn worked hard every game especially in the playoffs when he was London's best player. This will be his year to be the leader with Bolland, Hunter and Schremp gone. He will however be playing with some very high end players in Pat Kane and Sam Gagner among the newcomers. 100 points is not out of his reach if he plays up to his potential.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Kostitstyn has the POTENTIAL to be a better all around player than Pouliot. Pouliot seemed to float at times last season letting his talent get him by. Kostitstyn worked hard every game especially in the playoffs when he was London's best player. This will be his year to be the leader with Bolland, Hunter and Schremp gone. He will however be playing with some very high end players in Pat Kane and Sam Gagner among the newcomers. 100 points is not out of his reach if he plays up to his potential.

Wait. Kostitstyn has the potential to be better than Pouliot? Is this if Pouliot hits his potential or if he just stagnates and turns into nothing?

Pouliot's potential is a fair bit higher than Kostitstyn's is right now...

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I'm shocked at what I'm reading in this thread! :eek:

Pouliot's upside is amazing. He's still extrememly raw but has great skating, size and drive. I don't think Kostitsyn is in the same ball park at all. Besides, they are completely different players in style.

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
I think Pouliot has this one quite easily, but heres a question if the draft were to be re-done tomorrow where do you think Sergei would be taken, he was orignally drafted in the 7th round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->