News Article: Sergei Fedorov signs Sergei Fedorov to 1-year contract

crashman

That's so Russian..

I tried to sue myself once...clean myself out pretty good.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Maybe he's trying to get back into game shape so he can kick some ass in the Winter Classic alumni game.

Fedex signed for the rest of the season. Deal is worth only 93k.

Pretty much this evades him joining our classic. Maybe he goes to Caps Classic at next year!

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids

Pretty much this evades him joining our classic. Maybe he goes to Caps Classic at next year!

Dammit. I kinda figured that his deal would prevent him from playing in the WC and he's the Wing I most looked forward to seeing this year.

However, he is the GM so I'm hoping he wrote a clause into his own contract allowing him to skip out of Russia for a few days in January and put on the #91 jersey again :naughty:

Hell, he could just leave CSKA for a few games and then give himself a fine when he returns to the team. What's the point of having power if you can't abuse it?

Detroit Sports*

I wish he was on the 2008 cup team. He is and always was a great player/ my favorite even though I had a horrible personal experience meeting him :(

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I wish he was on the 2008 cup team. He is and always was a great player/ my favorite even though I had a horrible personal experience meeting him :(

Prior to the deadline in 08 my hopes were for Detroit to acquire Stuart and Fedorov.

We did end up snagging Stuart obviously, but how awesome would that have been to get Fedorov and rekindle that relationship as well with another Cup.

At the end of the day you can't complain though when we ended up hoisting the Cup.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

We will see they are a disaster in terms of injuries, part of why he is basically playing for free. They desperately need bodies right now, if that isn't the case at Christmas through New Years maybe he gets the green light to come over. His bosses did approve it once, I don't think he will anymore, but maybe that was negotiated in advance since he is playing for virtually nothing and really is doing this to help out a desperate organization.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Wings had talked to CBJ about getting Feds at the trade deadline. Washington came in with a better offer at the last minute.

I think he/she was asking what went wrong when the poster met Fedorov?

CBJ being very reluctant to trade with Detroit as well was a part of the problem if I remember right in terms of what you're posting.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Wings had talked to CBJ about getting Feds at the trade deadline. Washington came in with a better offer at the last minute.

Columbus got a defenceman prospect Theo Ruth of him (2007 2nd round pick).

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=11459

I wonder what the Wings offer was, if it was less. :amazed:

CBJ being very reluctant to trade with Detroit as well was a part of the problem if I remember right in terms of what you're posting.

This.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
I think he/she was asking what went wrong when the poster met Fedorov?

Thanks.

No, they were trying to dump salary, and everyone figured it was just for the rest of that season. CBJ had more or less given up the ghost for that season.

It really was that they liked the Cap's offer better. Wings offered a late round pick, but I don't remember exactly, tbh.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It really was that they liked the Cap's offer better. Wings offered a late round pick, but I don't remember exactly, tbh.

It could have been a 3rd rounder. 2nd was going for Stuart. 1st (losing Tom McCollum!) was definitely too much for a rental, when there was no guarantee Sergei would have stayed with us.

Detroit Sports*

Oh man, what happened?

I was a kid at one of the red wings rallies @ the Joe in the mid 90's long story short I asked him for an autograph as he was leaving he was a total D-bag to a 12 year old kid ( me at the time). I hated him for like 2 weeks but he was too awesome (on the ice)to hate for long :laugh: NEVER MEET YOUR HEROES

Johnz96*

If Holland only knew that Sergei was thinking of lacing them up again...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad