Detroit
http://www.tsn.ca/fedorov-lidstrom-pronger-housley-in-2015-hhof-class-1.321225

t_28259_02.jpg

First former Jacket to be elected to the HHOF. :naughty:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Well deserved for Feds!

Soapbox:

Karmanos...mmm...not so much. My wife is from Hartford...the way he took the Whalers out of CT was slimy! First he promises he will keep the team in Hartford at least four more years while working out the details of a new arena plan.

Then he puts an ultimatum on reaching a certain number of season tickets to keep the team in Hartford but he raises the prices by 20% and gets rid of partial season ticket plans all but guaranteeing the required number of season tickets was unattainable.

So he reneged on his promise to keep the team in Hartford for four years, made it extra hard for fans to reach his season ticket demands, and then bolts for a similarly sized market. He's the NHL version of Art Modell.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Well deserved for Feds!

Soapbox:

Karmanos...mmm...not so much. My wife is from Hartford...the way he took the Whalers out of CT was slimy! First he promises he will keep the team in Hartford at least four more years while working out the details of a new arena plan.

Then he puts an ultimatum on reaching a certain number of season tickets to keep the team in Hartford but he raises the prices by 20% and gets rid of partial season ticket plans all but guaranteeing the required number of season tickets was unattainable.

So he reneged on his promise to keep the team in Hartford for four years, made it extra hard for fans to reach his season ticket demands, and then bolts for a similarly sized market. He's the NHL version of Art Modell.

All of this! :yo:

PubOFH

Nov 17, 2005
Johnstown, OH
Boooooooooooooo. Worst most overpaid Blue Jacket EVER!!!! ;)

(All the old timers will get this....for I am OFH....the ORIGINAL FedorOFF Hater!!!)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

(All the old timers will get this....for I am OFH....the ORIGINAL FedorOFF Hater!!!)

Yeah, seeing that should have been my first clue early on that folks around here are completely ****ing crazy. ;)

Not me, tho. I'm perfectly sane. Also, Umberger is not a third-liner.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Yeah, seeing that should have been my first clue early on that folks around here are completely ****ing crazy. ;)

Not me, tho. I'm perfectly sane. Also, Umberger is not a third-liner.

You are so right. He proved that in Philly second time a round :naughty:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011

This is only because Clarkson hasn't been a CBJer long enough :shakehead

JKG08

Oct 6, 2014
Southern, OH
I was a red wings fan before CBJ joined the league and still have Federov's autograph somewhere in my box of childhood stuff at my parents house....I really need to go grab that. Pretty sure there are some tickets from the Jackets inaugural season in there too.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased

You're welcome for the handle idea, Pubs ;) How are the trips doing? They in school yet?

As far as Fedorov goes, he was my favorite Wing when I was a Detroit fan and I still believe he's one of the greatest to ever play the game. Always liked that he called out Nash and Zherdev in the media

PubOFH

Nov 17, 2005
Johnstown, OH
You're welcome for the handle idea, Pubs ;) How are the trips doing? They in school yet?

As far as Fedorov goes, he was my favorite Wing when I was a Detroit fan and I still believe he's one of the greatest to ever play the game. Always liked that he called out Nash and Zherdev in the media

2nd grade next year!!!

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
I wonder if Nash's path would have been different had Feds been able to wake them up. If i recall correctly, he was told not to criticize him or Zherdev, or something to that effect

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Oh, my! How is that possible?!
There's this thing known as "the passage of time"... ;)

Been feeling it lately myself. My niece's next birthday (in about six months) is when she turns 10. TEN! No freakin' way it's been that long. And yet all the numbers add up. :scared:

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
My biggest memory of Feds as a blue jacket is all the sticks he broke. I'm not sure I ever saw him get a shot off without snapping one. Congrats, dude was legit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad