Sergei Bobrovsky - Top Cop

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Jarmo said he is 100% confident Bob will be better in the playoffs.

okp66FD.gif

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Yesterday at the end of the season presser Jarmo said he is 100% confident Bob will be better in the playoffs.

Crap, if he was any worse it would be a miracle. Jarmo taking the over on this year's stats. :laugh:

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Yesterday at the end of the season presser Jarmo said he is 100% confident Bob will be better in the playoffs.

Of course he said that.

I have $1 that says;

a. the Columbus Blue Jackets will acquire a proven veteran goaltender, back-up type (Ryan Miller, or somebody on an expiring contract) at the trade deadline next year.
b. Bobrovsky will be given every opportunity to show that Veznia Bob can be the same as Playoff Bob.
c. the CBJ will not dig an 0-3 hole before looking at a goalie change.

They might lose 0-4 in the playoffs next year, but Bobrovsky will not take all of those losses.

Jarmo is not going to continue to see this team get into the playoffs and give up 4+ goals per game for the duration of Bob's contract.

But he also has 100% confidence in Playoff Bob.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
Of course he said that.

I have $1 that says;

a. the Columbus Blue Jackets will acquire a proven veteran goaltender, back-up type (Ryan Miller, or somebody on an expiring contract) at the trade deadline next year.
b. Bobrovsky will be given every opportunity to show that Veznia Bob can be the same as Playoff Bob.
c. the CBJ will not dig an 0-3 hole before looking at a goalie change.

They might lose 0-4 in the playoffs next year, but Bobrovsky will not take all of those losses.

Jarmo is not going to continue to see this team get into the playoffs and give up 4+ goals per game for the duration of Bob's contract.

But he also has 100% confidence in Playoff Bob.

If they lose Korpisalo in the expansion draft, I hope they spend the money to acquire a proven back-up before the season starts.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Signing Scott Darling would be a mistake.

I know he's not signing here, but he has a .923 career save percentage in the NHL.

There are better options

He's quite literally the best free agent goaltender on the market this summer, at least in terms of stats. http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/goaltender/ufa/

I realize we've gone down a can of worms here but if you could pick a goalie to come here, who are you going to pick of the ones available?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I know he's not signing here, but he has a .923 career save percentage in the NHL.

He's quite literally the best free agent goaltender on the market this summer, at least in terms of stats. http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/goaltender/ufa/

I realize we've gone down a can of worms here but if you could pick a goalie to come here, who are you going to pick of the ones available?

Brian Elliott for me. But it doesn't matter, Korpisalo is going to be our backup next year unless he's picked by Vegas. If that happens we can talk about a new backup, but until then its just wasting time.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Brian Elliott for me. But it doesn't matter, Korpisalo is going to be our backup next year unless he's picked by Vegas. If that happens we can talk about a new backup, but until then its just wasting time.

Elliott is 32 and put up Bob-like numbers in the playoffs after posting worse than league average stats in the regular season. Plus, I'd have to guess he'll be more expensive (just guessing though based on prior contracts).

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
The easier thing would be to acquire a stable backup and ensure that Bob is well rested come playoff time. Especially if we clinch early.

WashedUp

Mar 28, 2014
Bob has been to the playoffs 4 times and sucked all 4 times. Apparently his confidence wilts when playoff time comes around. If he wins the Vezina I say trade him while his stock is high! Like to Colorado for Duchene and their #1 pick!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Bob has been to the playoffs 4 times and sucked all 4 times. Apparently his confidence wilts when playoff time comes around. If he wins the Vezina I say trade him while his stock is high! Like to Colorado for Duchene and their #1 pick!

Goalies with that high of a cap hit are almost impossible to move, regardless of how good they are. Especially for anything of value. Look at Luongo.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I'm 100% with Darling if its not a huge cost and we lose Korpi. Watching him on the show for the winter classic when he first came up from the minors and the guy just wanted to get better and learn. True professional. I've been for him overtaking Crawford for a while but how can you justify Crawford's contract if he is your #2.

Also big fan of Ryan Miller. Its a 0% chance he signs here because I always here something about his wife and wanting to stay west coast but I'd love to habe him.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm 100% with Darling if its not a huge cost and we lose Korpi. Watching him on the show for the winter classic when he first came up from the minors and the guy just wanted to get better and learn. True professional. I've been for him overtaking Crawford for a while but how can you justify Crawford's contract if he is your #2.

Also big fan of Ryan Miller. Its a 0% chance he signs here because I always here something about his wife and wanting to stay west coast but I'd love to habe him.
The impression I have is (as previously stated by others in this thread) that Darling is in a position to compete for a starter's job and wants to do so.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Not sure how Bob is the scapegoat here. Pittsburgh simply out played Columbus. As much as I hate Pitsburgh it's undeniable.

You put a team playing better in front of Bob and his numbers would be fine. You put a better goalie in net and you still lose.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Not sure how Bob is the scapegoat here. Pittsburgh simply out played Columbus. As much as I hate Pitsburgh it's undeniable.

You put a team playing better in front of Bob and his numbers would be fine. You put a better goalie in net and you still lose.
Bob's not there to be a product of the team.

He's about to be the highest paid goalie for a reason - he is there to carry the team. If he can't carry, he isn't doing his job. I can understand if he was injured or worn down from starting too many games. That happens to anyone. But as soon as Bob's argument is that the team didn't play well in front of him, he's defeated his own argument for why he deserves $8 million a year or whatever he's about to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad