Injury Report: Sergei Bobrovsky placed on IR; Anton Forsberg recalled.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I hope Forsberg gets a real opportunity this time. Although he was poor against TBL, I thought he played well against New Jersey.

That said, McE has played much better of late, so perhaps he can get hot. This may be his last real chance at remaining in the NHL after this season.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Keep him out until he's 110%. No reason to put more mileage than necessary on his body this season.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
At this point I would like to see Forsberg get a few starts. He has been hot in Springy so why not.

I thought in the TB game he was hung out to dry quite a bit by his teammates, so it would be nice to see how he does with a better team effort in front of him.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
At this point I would like to see Forsberg get a few starts. He has been hot in Springy so why not.

I thought in the TB game he was hung out to dry quite a bit by his teammates, so it would be nice to see how he does with a better team effort in front of him.

My only worry with Forsberg is if he will continue to be left out to dry by the team in front of him. Add to that the likely sell off at the trade deadline, and its not the ideal situation for a rookie goalie to be thrown into.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
FYI - posts with no content other than "tank!" and the like are going to be deleted. All of you can do better.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Definitely not sold on McElhinney for more than spot duty. He seems like a great guy to have around, but laying the team on his shoulders for the next month and a half seems destined for failure.

Hope he proves me wrong ... I'll be cheering for him all the way.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
He seems like a great guy to have around, but laying the team on his shoulders for the next month and a half seems destined for failure.

I want the Jackets to win as many games as possible... but I'm also not necessarily AGAINST losing if it happens because of shoddy goaltending or something.

Really as long as our healthy players can stay healthy and the injured ones can get healthy, there's nowhere to go but up (even if it's down in the standings).

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I hope Forsberg plays well when he plays. I also think winning it's a habit and the CBJ should do all they can to continue to learn how to win. I'm tired of losing and don't want to be Edmonton!

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I hope Forsberg plays well when he plays. I also think winning it's a habit and the CBJ should do all they can to continue to learn how to win. I'm tired of losing and don't want to be Edmonton!

Agreed that winning is a good habit to get into and we need to promote a competitive environment for the young players.

That said, I'm just finding a bright side if the season ends up sucking due to these injuries.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Oh look, Bob on IR again. Becoming very common. I don't care who plays in his absence; just hoping we get some decent results.

Another groin. Obviously the work of our strength and conditioning folks.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Let the boys play and let the chips fall where they may.
If we win, we win.
If we lose, we win.
We only lose if we win slightly more than we lose.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
The only thing for this team to do is continue to compete hard and try to win. I'm not a fan of "tanking", and think the biggest and best thing for this team is to prove that last year was no fluke.

Edmonton and Calgary are prime examples. One of those teams plays hard and competes. The other has had three first overall picks in a row, and may be getting another.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The only thing for this team to do is continue to compete hard and try to win. I'm not a fan of "tanking", and think the biggest and best thing for this team is to prove that last year was no fluke.

Edmonton and Calgary are prime examples. One of those teams plays hard and competes. The other has had three first overall picks in a row, and may be getting another.

Ding ding. I've been trying to preach this for a long time here, but you said it alot better. :handclap:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Also forgot to mention that Bobrovsky seemed to take missing the ASG pretty hard.

His father flew in from Russia to watch. According to Portzline Bob mostly avoided the festivities.

We only lose if we win slightly more than we lose.

Even that could be a positive though (as opposed to losing out, which again gives us a high pick). I think we only lose if more guys get injured and/or the currently injured guys don't recover properly.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
11 points was the difference between picking 14th and and picking 5th last year. I'll gladly suffer those extra losses to get a higher pick and a better chance of picking McDavid.

As to how many games Forsberg will play; from this morning's Dispatch:

Asked how the McElhinney-Forsberg rotation might work with Bobrovsky on the shelf, coach Todd Richards said, “It’s Curtis’ ball.”
Shouldn't that be puck or net or crease?

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2015/01/27/Blue_Jackets_playoff_push.html

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad