Sergei Bobrovsky - Off The Case? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Sounds like the rumors of him tearing up the dressing room might have merit.

Last edited:
Reactions: thebus88

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Sounds like the rumors of him tearing up the dressing room might have merit.

Could be. It is an obvious conclusion. I'll remain skeptical that's the exact reason until confirmed, but...

those posting, since this broke, things like "Bob isn't handling this situation well" are, as I've said before, spot on.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Tearing up the room and maybe his teammates? Saying "I pride myself of being a good teammate" could mean it's more between him and the players.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Yet I hope its Korpisalo whos the starter from now on. Starting with the WSH game. He needs to be tested by a long heavy workload. And certainly in the PO.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Tearing up the room and maybe his teammates? Saying "I pride myself of being a good teammate" could mean it's more between him and the players.

That was my first thought too, although 1) behavior that embarrasses is being a bad teammate; and 2) saying you want to be a good teammate is pretty sports cliche for just about anything.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
My guess is that Bob starting blaming the team for the 4-0 and him getting pulled. Must be a lot of pressure during a continuous contract year.

giphy.gif

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The "tearing up the room" narrative doesn't work.

Athletes have been trashing locker rooms/breaking sticks, light and shower fixtures since the dawn of time. It's like rock stars trashing hotel rooms. American as Apple Pie as it were.

Bill him and maybe sit him for a day. It's nothing that would unfold like this situation. It would be real easy to say "Sergei threw a fit and busted stuff for the 10th time after being warned not to do it again". It wouldn't have to be shrouded in secrecy. They are not keeping this mysterious to spare Bobrovsky some embarrassment about throwing a temper tantrum on some sticks and walls.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008

Athletes have been trashing locker rooms/breaking sticks, light and shower fixtures since the dawn of time. It's like rock stars trashing hotel rooms. American as Apple Pie as it were.

Bill him and maybe sit him for a day. It's nothing that would unfold like this situation. It would be real easy to say "Sergei threw a fit and busted stuff for the 10th time after being warned not to do it again". It wouldn't have to be shrouded in secrecy. They are not keeping this mysterious to spare Bobrovsky some embarrassment about throwing a temper tantrum on some sticks and walls.

Or it really could be that simple and the team has already put it behind them.

Reactions: hardkorejackets

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Have you ever heard of a player simply breaking something and the fallout reach this level? Ever?

A locker room trashing would be a laughing matter. This is not.

I'm not going to pretend to follow every team's player's temper tantrums and the resulting "fallout" so I won't answer that. But even if this exact situation had literally never happened before, who cares? Not that "simply breaking something" is an accurate representation of this situation, either.

I also don't necessarily think it was just a single "locker room tear-up," but at the same time I don't think there's some huge conspiracy theory type deal going on behind the scenes, like the type of thing I'm inferring you think happened from your posts.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I'm not going to pretend to follow every team's player's temper tantrums and the resulting "fallout" so I won't answer that. But even if this exact situation had literally never happened before, who cares? Not that "simply breaking something" is an accurate representation of this situation, either.

I also don't necessarily think it was just a single "locker room tear-up," but at the same time I don't think there's some huge conspiracy theory type deal going on behind the scenes, like the type of thing I'm inferring you think happened from your posts.

I'm not inferring anything of the sort. BTW it's a very lazy cliche to use when one disagrees with someone.

It's not cloak and dagger stuff. This is a situation which has been escalating for some time. Bob's training camp interview, Weekes recent comments on the NHL network attest to that. The specific action(s), I have no idea. But I'm real comfortable stating that in the absence of the contentious contract situation, we wouldn't be typing about this incident.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
You really ought to get off of that lazy cliche.

I'm not inferring anything of the sort. It has to do with the long term problems surrounding the contract and the people involved in that. Hardly cloak and dagger type stuff.

Semantics, cool cool. They literally said it had nothing to do with that, so there's literally nothing I can say here that will make a difference to you. Carry on senor.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Hes gone, and good riddance to him. He was asked if he wanted to be here, and he wouldnt answer the question. The team paid him like a top goalie, when hes been garbage in the playoffs, his whole career. Cant wait until hes shipped out of here, myself. As much as I was against us resigning him, because my position has always been consistent, that you dont invest that type of money in a goalie, especially not in todays NHL, I atleast always liked the guy , and how he embraced our fans, and the captain. Starting from day 1 this year, hes been a cancer, and its time to cut it out.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
The Jackets are keeping it pretty close to the vest whatever happened. I asked a friend of mine before last game what happened and he didn't know (he is good friends with someone inside the organization and he will usually know something).
I guess like others I would be surprised if it was just tearing up a locker room, unless in doing so he injured a staffer or something along those lines.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
"That's what solving things and moving on is all about," General Manager Jarmo Kekalainen said. "Sometimes you can use these types of things to become tight as a group and as a team. But it's really important you always air them out face-to-face and you move past them and learn from it rather than letting it linger and doing the talking behind their back. That's why we always ring it all out in the open."
Really sounds like he took things out on his teammates.

Bobrovsky addresses media following Friday's practice

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I dare a CBJ reporter to ask Torts during his next press conference if the team approached Sergei about seeing a regular psychologist after this problem.

Reactions: leesmith and CPTN71

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The Jackets are keeping it pretty close to the vest whatever happened. I asked a friend of mine before last game what happened and he didn't know (he is good friends with someone inside the organization and he will usually know something).
I guess like others I would be surprised if it was just tearing up a locker room, unless in doing so he injured a staffer or something along those lines.

If the CBJ manage to keep the details of the secret (like they did in the Dubinsky situation) my hat is off to them for their ability to control leaks.

Not easy to do in this day and age.

Reactions: JacketsDavid

major major

Feb 18, 2013

Most of the instances of players trashing locker rooms I'm familiar with are from ages ago. Perhaps you can show me some more recent examples.

As far as your comment that they should just sit him for a day, to me that's exactly what just happened. He sat yesterday. The media/fans went into a tizzy but that's just a thing they tend to do.

Reactions: Viqsi

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Most of the instances of players trashing locker rooms I'm familiar with are from ages ago. Perhaps you can show me some more recent examples.

As far as your comment that they should just sit him for a day, to me that's exactly what just happened. He sat yesterday. The media/fans went into a tizzy but that's just a thing they tend to do.

I didn't buy into the "trash the locker room" narrative.

Feel free to look for whatever examples you wish.

Last edited:

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
He probably tore up the room. One of my sources told me that Bob had been getting lessons from legendary room-trashed Joe Walsh.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina

Don't know if this has been posted.

Thanks for posting that. It really sounds like he went off on the team for the loss. That would explain all of the "I have always tried to be the best teammate" talk and that he and the team are good now. It also explains why FO had to act. They cannot let that go if its the case. Because of this poor Bob may only get $8.5M per year instead of $9M per year. :cry:

Reactions: CPTN71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad