Sergei Bobrovsky is back in to the Vezina and Hart Race

Mister Hockey

Mar 4, 2004
Washington, Pa
well geez Nashviiile is 20-6-1 with Rinne and 0-2-1 without him...

I mean, come on, teams tend to suck without their starting goalie... he's had a good two weeks, but he's go a way to go before he's a Vezina candidate much less Hart

Agreed, Rinne and MAF are the current front-runners for the Vezina.

BernieTheGreat1

Sharp, Pointy Teeth
Jul 24, 2011
Camelot
Thanks Flyers for trading him and seeing him succeed elsewhere.

13 Sergei Bobrovsky CBJ 23 22 702 .921 13 8 2 60 2.61 762 1 0 0 2 1,378:44
14 Steve Mason PHI 22 22 614 .921 6 10 5 53 2.49 667 1 0 2 2 1,276:06

:help: Admittedly, the Flyers, in retrospect, got a terrible return for Bob and gave up on him far too soon. But they are not complaining one bit, as Mase has revitalized his career since joining the Flyers. So thanks Columbus, for trading Mason, and seeing him succeed elsewhere.:sarcasm:

And no, Bob is not in the discussion for Vezina at this point in time. He could work his way into the conversation, but currently, he is not a serious contender. As for the Hart:shakehead

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
13 Sergei Bobrovsky CBJ 23 22 702 .921 13 8 2 60 2.61 762 1 0 0 2 1,378:44
14 Steve Mason PHI 22 22 614 .921 6 10 5 53 2.49 667 1 0 2 2 1,276:06

:help: Admittedly, the Flyers, in retrospect, got a terrible return for Bob and gave up on him far too soon. But they are not complaining one bit, as Mase has revitalized his career since joining the Flyers. So thanks Columbus, for trading Mason, and seeing him succeed elsewhere.:sarcasm:

And no, Bob is not in the discussion for Vezina at this point in time. He could work his way into the conversation, but currently, he is not a serious contender. As for the Hart:shakehead

So you've picked one-third of the three seasons since they've been traded to use for your expert comparison? Nice one :laugh:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
So you've picked one-third of the three seasons since they've been traded to use for your expert comparison? Nice one :laugh:

Mason since joining the Flyers:

90 gp, 85 gs, 43 w, 30 l, 12 ot, .920 sv%, 2.45 gaa, 5 so

Bob since joining Columbus:

119 gp, 109 gs, 66 w, 39 l, 13 ot, .925 sv%, 2.31 gaa, 10 so

Bobrovksy has been better since both changed teams.

But Masons stats this year have been right in line with his stats since joining the Flyers... he has been great for us consistently behind an awful defence in what is becoming a pretty large sample size now. (over 5000 minutes)

BernieTheGreat1

Sharp, Pointy Teeth
Jul 24, 2011
Camelot

Obviously, you did not read my post thoroughly. or you lack reading comprehension skills. I was responding to the implication of the post which I quoted. I never said, nor implied that Mason was a better goaltender than Bobrovsky. I am simply tired of hearing everyone say how bad that move was for the Flyers. Yes, the return was bad. But a few months later, they traded us Mason, who has been just about as good as Bobrovsky has been, over that time frame. And thank you Appleyard, as always, for your constant supply of statistics. Furthermore, one third of one season would be very relevant in this thread. Seeing as this thread is referring directly to the season in progress.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Can't believe I got him in a trade for Steve ****ing Mason in one of my fantasy leagues. What a steal.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased

During the Jackets current nine game point streak they have been outshot 309-211, which is almost 11 shots per game. He is the only reason why this injury ravaged team is anywhere near the wild card and if they can somehow get it, Bob will get the Hart with ease. So, yea, do us a favor and shake your head near a wall.

BernieTheGreat1

Sharp, Pointy Teeth
Jul 24, 2011
Camelot
During the Jackets current nine game point streak they have been outshot 309-211, which is almost 11 shots per game. He is the only reason why this injury ravaged team is anywhere near the wild card and if they can somehow get it, Bob will get the Hart with ease. So, yea, do us a favor and shake your head near a wall.

In the Hart trophy's long and storied history, it has 7 times been awarded to a goaltender. The last goaltender to win the award was Jose Theodore in the 01-02 season. It is extremely rare to see a goalie nominated for the Hart trophy, let alone win the award. The same goes for defensemen. Tim Thomas's record breaking season in 10-11 was still not enough for him to win the award, or even earn a nomination. For a goaltender to win the Hart, they have to have a once in a generation season, of record-breaking, and awe-inspiring proportions. Your suggestion that I should go bang my head against the wall, as though I am uninformed, or ill-versed in the subject at hand, is laughable at best. Even more so when you claim that Bob will "get the Hart with ease". He is playing extremely well, his numbers are returning to elite status. But unless he goes on a twenty straight win run, with unfathomable statistics, don't expect to see him anywhere near consideration for the Hart trophy. Especially with such a tight Art Ross race with so many players having a chance to put up 90+ point seasons.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
Bad game for bob. Most cbj fans will point to the disallowed goal that changed the game but it was rightfully called no goal.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
Knocks own goal off without getting touched. No penalty.

Nuff said.

Yes because no goalie pushes side to side off the pipes. Toronto made the right call and even the cbj beat writers agree with it.

Anyways back on topic even with the rightfully called no goal. Cbj looked horrible and bob let in some softies.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
Well goalie's do push off from time to time via the post. :laugh:

Not like that 1 goal prevented 4 from Bob alone.

They actually do all the time. Post to post butterfly slides is a basic goalie technique. Look at any hockey goal at the bottom of the pipes usually there's paint missing and dents from the blades hitting the pipes from going side to side.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Mason since joining the Flyers:

90 gp, 85 gs, 43 w, 30 l, 12 ot, .920 sv%, 2.45 gaa, 5 so

Bob since joining Columbus:

119 gp, 109 gs, 66 w, 39 l, 13 ot, .925 sv%, 2.31 gaa, 10 so

Bobrovksy has been better since both changed teams.

But Masons stats this year have been right in line with his stats since joining the Flyers... he has been great for us consistently behind an awful defence in what is becoming a pretty large sample size now. (over 5000 minutes)

I do find it funny that NO ONE ever goes....oh wow....I never knew Mason was putting up such good numbers. They just continue on how the a flyers have no goaltending.

Especially when they all see how poor the defense is and have no issue dumping on them. And that's who Mason has to play behind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad