Sergei Bobrovsky and Artemi Panarin appreciation thread

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I'll thank Bob. Absolute legend. I hope to see his number retired someday. It was time for each to move on though so I have no hard feelings. Thanks for the memories.

Bread? Nahh. Yeah he did his job (and did it well) and didn't complain. But it was exactly that...just a job to him. He never really embraced the city and was counting down the days til he could leave from the day he arrived. I don't hate him, but I won't shed any tears either.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Meh, I appreciate their effort when they were with us. Having said that, they left when the had the chance. As much as I'm not a big fan of Foligno's game, I appreciate his loyalty far more than the fact that the other two are much better players.

We are no longer a place that can't win, so it would be nice to see us get franchise players that want to stay. Obviously with both Bob and Panarin it wasn't a matter of money. Panarin was full of crap when it came to wanting to win, the Rangers weren't really a destination for that and he certainly isn't getting any tax benefits going there.

I'm not bitter, they are obviously free to go where they want. However, I'm not going to celebrate them. I'm certainly not going to cheer (nor boo) when they come back to Columbus. Panarin served out his two year commitment to us and walked, there isn't anything that he did when he was here that deserves accolades. They are just another in a line of players that have came and went. Nothing special happened when they were here. Bob helped give us some credibility as a franchise, so there is that.

I'm happy they are gone. They didn't want to be here. Honestly, I don't care moving forward. We have our team and I'm curious to see how our players respond. OB had a bit of a breakout season and it should be interesting to see if Texier can build on what he started. We also have Elvis, I've thought for a few years that he was our future in goal. I think he can be the real deal.

Nyquist wants to be here and he's a pretty decent player. Hopefully he builds some chemistry with Wennberg and shows him how to play at the NHL level.

Reactions: cbjfaninmo

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The two greatest players in Jackets history (sorry Rick).

Regardless of off-ice drama, these guys gave their all on the ice and the results were magnificent. I hope to see one more hug at the Bob tribute in December.

Reactions: akmuo33

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Bob was a long term star for the team. The playoff appearances wouldn't have happened without him. With the exception of some petulant behavior last season, he was a great teammate by all accounts. Certainly a CBJ great. I wish him the best in Florida not only for him but that franchise's south Florida future. If the worm doesn't turn with respect to attendance, then they are bound for elsewhere.

While it's impossible to deny that Panarin was an exceptional player, he's a selfish little man off the ice. Good riddance to him.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Bob was a long term star for the team. The playoff appearances wouldn't have happened without him. With the exception of some petulant behavior last season, he was a great teammate by all accounts. Certainly a CBJ great. I wish him the best in Florida not only for him but that franchise's south Florida future. If the worm doesn't turn with respect to attendance, then they are bound for elsewhere.

While it's impossible to deny that Panarin was an exceptional player, he's a selfish little man off the ice. Good riddance to him.
Nah, he’s very humble. His GF though...that’s a whole new story, she’s got too much influence over him

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Oh good grief. Yeah sure, maybe. They're a few years behind the others, so let's remember the context. And also, let's try to stay on topic - myself included.

I fully expect Jones and Dubois to be just as important (Jones ALREADY IS) as other guys and play here for just as long as Atkinson. Atkinson was brought up, and given responses....

You're in the wrong thread.

Some posters just don't get "appreciation threads". You **** on guys in all the other threads, you don't need to do it in this one.

Since I fully believe you will continue to keep making comments about "some posters", until given a response, I will just say that, I LOVE JONES AND DUBOIS ON THE CBJ, and I fully expect them to be here just as long as Atkinson and the Russians, and be just as good and impactful as Bobrovsky and Panarin. They might even win a Vezina or 2.

So again, if the Atkinson question was "ok", then I find my comment/question MORE than "ok", and take issue with the attacks.

Go ahead and "appreciate" them, but how bout people chill out when I question the "best Jackets players eva" comments when we have 1 of the best defenseman and young all around centers in the league ON THE TEAM RIGHT NOW, both guys PRIME OPTIONS to getting "letters" in the next couple/few years.

Bye. To all of you in this thread, AND BYE BYE BOBBY!!! :xcheers:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I fully expect Jones and Dubois to be just as important (Jones ALREADY IS) as other guys and play here for just as long as Atkinson. Atkinson was brought up, and given responses....

Since I fully believe you will continue to keep making comments about "some posters", until given a response, I will just say that, I LOVE JONES AND DUBOIS ON THE CBJ, and I fully expect them to be here just as long as Atkinson and the Russians, and be just as good and impactful as Bobrovsky and Panarin. They might even win a Vezina or 2.

So again, if the Atkinson question was "ok", then I find my comment/question MORE than "ok", and take issue with the attacks.

Go ahead and "appreciate" them, but how bout people chill out when I question the "best Jackets players eva" comments when we have 1 of the best defenseman and young all around centers in the league ON THE TEAM RIGHT NOW, both guys PRIME OPTIONS to getting "letters" in the next couple/few years.

Some dude we'll draft in 2023, too. I mean, if everyone's on the table.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

You can have that conversation in a different thread. It would be an interesting discussion - perhaps interesting info? Stay out of the appreciation thread.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013

Seth has 3 years left on his deal. Guess we will know in a couple years if it will be a happy ever after in Columbus or if you will get the opportunity to get mad at him too...

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Let’s try this again. I admit my mistake in assuming we could say nice things and stay on topic.

I’m not going back through and messing with every post thus far, but, moving forward, please remember this is an ‘appreciation’ thread. You don’t have something nice to say about one of the guys, just leave it unsaid. You don’t have anything nice to say about either, don’t post in this thread.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Other than the playoff goals, this was my favorite Panarin goal. I thought we had our superman

Reactions: ViD

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
I love Bob. I will miss him. He was here for some pretty bad times but also the best times in franchise history. His first two seasons here, the 16-game winning steak, sweeping Tampa... lots of great memories. It’s gonna feel weird without him. But I also think we can recover okay.

I’m basically the opposite on Panarin. I’m bummed because I think losing him is a pretty tough break, but I also don’t have the same “feels” for him that I do for Bob. With that said, he was probably the most fun player to watch I’ve ever seen on CBJ, and I will miss the breathtaking plays. I’m appreciative he played out his contract hard and helped us get farther than we ever had previously.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Sports are entertainment, and I was highly entertained by both. I will miss Bob more since he was here longer. Emotionally, I am more attached. I've got a lot of Bob love to be honest. It feels like we really watched Bob grow up here. He gained confidence, learned to speak English, and really connected with the fans.

Bread is just so darned fun to watch play hockey. I wonder if/when we'll ever get a player of his caliber again. He was also always smiling. My favorite type of athlete is one who looks like they are having FUN (playing a game after all). Those are just the types of athletes I prefer to watch.

I bear no ill will for either. As much as it is a game, I am adult enough to realize it is also a business. Players can and do make decisions based not only on money, but also on location and atmosphere. If Bob wants sunshine and Bread wants the MSG arena, then that's their right. Few chances exist for pros to 100% control their locations, so good for them. Not insulted at all.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Bob = best player in franchise history. Two Vezinas in seven seasons. Too bad the FO seemed to have burned that bridge long before this season started.

Panarin = most exciting to wear the union blue, best skater in franchise history. Can't fault him for exercising his right as a UFA.

Can't believe the idiots on Twitter dogging these guys ("worse than Nash") and lining up to boo them upon their return.

Reactions: ViD and Halfboard

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Probably the two best CBJ players ever. Bob, unquestionably. Panarin, from a total ability standpoint. No ill will. I wish them well, though never as well as the CBJ. May they always be a point behind.

But what I'll appreciate most is not reading and writing the nickname Bread. It's a dumb nickname and it's the Rangers problem now.

AndBoomGoesTheCannon

Feb 21, 2019
Cleveland, OH
They have the right to play where they want, but they still effed up my team's window to compete for a cup. I'm not going to be happy to see their returns to Nationwide for other teams.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm actually pretty cool with Bob at the moment; I want nice things to happen for the Panthers as well, so seeing him give them a boost helps - and I believe in our young goaltenders, and want them to have the chance to start their own legends.

I'll still miss The Hug, though.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->