• Sergachev

Votes: 36 27.5%
  • Provorov

Votes: 95 72.5%

• Total voters

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Consider? So you wouldn't even consider taking Drew Doughty or Seth Jones over Provy?

I knew Philly fans overrated him a lil but damn

Yes. Doughty is going to be a free agent in less than two years. It is going to cost a fortune to whatever team gets him, LA or whoever. Provorov is ~8 years younger and is far more cost controlled. And who knows Provorov could be on his tier sooner than you think. As for Jones and Werenski, I prefer Provorov's playstyle and like his upside more than either of them.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Over Hedman? Doughty? Jones? Werenski? Slavin? Lindholm? Sergachev ;) ? I definitely see him being over some of these guys but all of them? Come on.

I take him over Jones, Werenski and Slavin on talent alone. It’s unfathomably hard for Provorov to produce as he does when he says partnered with something resembling a particular dense pitchfork.

Lindholm will be a wash. Hedman is a clear better choice, Doughty is better but age means I still take Provorov.

Honestly, the secret will be out soon. Provorov is a phenom.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
I take him over Jones, Werenski and Slavin on talent alone. It’s unfathomably hard for Provorov to produce as he does when he says partnered with something resembling a particular dense pitchfork.

Honestly, the secret will be out soon. Provorov is a phenom.

As someone who wanted Provorov at our pick in 2015, I'd consider taking Provorov over Werenski but there's no chance you can rationalize taking him over Jones or Slavin, who are already extended on good deals. Even with relatively sheltered usage this year (in Jone's case), his upside is still there. Hedman didn't put everything together immediately either.

In Slavin's case, he's just been quietly dominant. Right now, Provorov is a good young player but most of the rationale to him being a great player being held back is idealized notions- "his partner sucks", "the rest of the D corps on this team is garbage", "goalie sucks".

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
As someone who wanted Provorov at our pick in 2015, I'd consider taking Provorov over Werenski but there's no chance you can rationalize taking him over Jones or Slavin, who are already extended on good deals. Even with relatively sheltered usage this year (in Jone's case), his upside is still there. Hedman didn't put everything together immediately either.

In Slavin's case, he's just been quietly dominant. Right now, Provorov is a good young player but most of the rationale to him being a great player being held back is idealized notions- "his partner sucks", "the rest of the D corps on this team is garbage", "goalie sucks".

Not really, most of it is based on the fact that he's absolutely fantastic. Jones has Werenski and Werenski has Jones. Not to disrespect either, but it helps to have quality beside you. Slavin is great, but I just think Provorov is going to be the best in the game soon.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Over Hedman? Doughty? Jones? Werenski? Slavin? Lindholm? Sergachev ;) ? I definitely see him being over some of these guys but all of them? Come on.

Hedman is close only because Provorov is much younger - 50/50

Werenski, easily. He's better now and will open the gap

Slavin..... you're kidding right?.. same with Serg

Lindblom and Jones I feel Provorov has already caught up to them and is as good if not better and younger.

Provorov is flawless

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago

You're out to lunch if you take Slavin over Provorov going forward. I'd love to see that poll

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I've heard that when they traded away Richards and Carter.

How long has that been?

I dunno when you heard that after the Richards and Carter trade...

after Schenn the 2nd best prospect at that point was arguably Erik Gustafsson.

In fact, the top 10 was probably:

#1: Brayden Schenn
#2: Erik Gustafsson
#3: Marc-Andre Bourdon
#4: Kevin Marshall
#5: Jason Akeson
#6: Tye McGinn
#7: Eric Wellwood
#8: Brendan Ranford
#9: Mike Testwuide
#10: Ben Holmstrom

Put it this way... everyone generally thought Gustafsson's ceiling was a #4 Dman.

Imagine that before the Richards+Carter trades? They were continually ranked the worst, or one of the worst, pools in the NHL for good reason.

Reactions: StoneHands

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I've heard that when they traded away Richards and Carter.

How long has that been?
This can't be a serious post, right? The Flyers prospect pool back then was trash and everyone knew it. The reason most people liked those trades is because the Flyers at the time were old and the trades made them considerably younger. They wanted to not only restock the farm by adding Schenn and a pick that landed them Couts but also bring in Simmonds and Voracek who at the time I believe were 22 so they could build around Giroux. Unfortunately they didn't have a plan for the defense or goaltending so while the offense had some great years following that trade, they couldn't get it done on the back end. I challenge you to find a single Flyers post that said the Flyers had a good prospect pool before the Carter and Richards trades.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
You're out to lunch if you take Slavin over Provorov going forward. I'd love to see that poll

I would take Slavin over Provorov but they are both are up there for me if I were building a franchise. And no, it doesn't make anyone out to lunch. I'd like to see the poll too, though I don't think it means much.

EDIT: I made the poll since I'm curious anyways. As an aside, I would probably have both in ~my top 5-10 of young D.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Provorov. If one is not just concerned with goals and assists for measuring value. Provorov does so much more.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I would take Slavin over Provorov but they are both are up there for me if I were building a franchise. And no, it doesn't make anyone out to lunch. I'd like to see the poll too, though I don't think it means much.

EDIT: I made the poll since I'm curious anyways. As an aside, I would probably have both in ~my top 5-10 of young D.
To each their own, Slavin is a nice player and is great in his own end but Slavin is 3 years older, didn't crack the NHL until he was 2 and a half years older than 19 year old Provorov (rookie year) and I have a hard time finding anything Slavin currently does better than Provorov

At best for Slavin they're even (I think Provorov is already better)

Provorov has a much higher ceiling and is 3 years younger. Easy decision.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Let's re-evaluate once Sergachev's s% normalizes and usage gets anywhere close to Provorov's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->