TSN: Seravelli: VGK offered Fleury + 2nd league wide, with no takers

orbiter11

Sep 11, 2014
Looking like Carolina IMO.

Mrazek to Edmonton for a 2nd
MAF @4-5m + 2nd to Carolina
NJ retains 2m for Martinez
I do think Carolina is one of the best possibilities(Murray would probably waive his clause to go there), but Vegas needs them to take his full contract. Fleury + 1st and 3rd would probably do it. Carolina needs a goalie and yes they only want to pay 4 mill but to get another first next year I think you have to do it if your Carolina. I like the Mrazek for a second to Edmonton. So Carolina would have an extra 1st ,2nd and 3rd in next years draft just to take the cash dump on Fleury . I don't know how you pass this up.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

If this goes through, I think Vegas may be SOL with moving Fleury. Carolina needs to move either Mrazek or Reimer to be able to take on Fleury, and you're quickly running out of landing spots for Mrazek or Reimer if Howards signs in Edmonton. Who's even left at that point? Maybe Buffalo looking to upgrade on Hutton?

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

orbiter11

Sep 11, 2014

If this goes through, I think Vegas may be SOL with moving Fleury. Carolina needs to move either Mrazek or Reimer to be able to take on Fleury, and you're quickly running out of landing spots for Mrazek or Reimer if Howards signs in Edmonton. Who's even left at that point? Maybe Buffalo looking to upgrade on Hutton?

Maybe Colorado for Mrazek if the price is only a 3rd or 2nd.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Squeeze Vegas and don’t let them off the hook. At 50% retained I would want Krebs and for 100% retained Glass and a 2nd or Krebs and a 1st.

orbiter11

Sep 11, 2014
They should have just bought him out.
That wouldnt be enough money to sign Pietro. They need to dump his full salary,that's why it will cost them at least a 1st. If im Vegas I do it. Vegas is a top 3 team in the league might as well go for it

Reactions: CupInSIX

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I do think Carolina is one of the best possibilities(Murray would probably waive his clause to go there), but Vegas needs them to take his full contract. Fleury + 1st and 3rd would probably do it. Carolina needs a goalie and yes they only want to pay 4 mill but to get another first next year I think you have to do it if your Carolina. I like the Mrazek for a second to Edmonton. So Carolina would have an extra 1st ,2nd and 3rd in next years draft just to take the cash dump on Fleury . I don't know how you pass this up.

The Canes don't have the cap space for that series of moves. They're looking at ~$7 mil remaining with Geekie is added in. H. Fleury and Foegele will eat up $3 mil-$4 mil (Waddell publicly estimated $3-$4 mil in cap space after their signings). Budget $2 mil for a spare skater and some flexibility for injuries/the deadline and there's $1 mil - $2 mil to work with. If they're lucky enough to free up Mrazek's $3.125 mil, there's only $4.125 mil - $5.125 mil for a goalie.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
That wouldnt be enough money to sign Pietro. They need to dump his full salary,that's why it will cost them at least a 1st. If im Vegas I do it. Vegas is a top 3 team in the league might as well go for it

I'm pretty sure they would have been fine with buying out Fleury and trading Stastny and Martinez without taking any money back.

orbiter11

Sep 11, 2014
I don't really see Mrazek as a tangible upgrade on Francouz.
Ive watched Mrazek a lot. Hes a starting goalie and a decent one. I do think hes better(not that much) then Francouz. Then Colorado would be in a 1a 1b goalie situation though. Not sure if its worth it?

orbiter11

Sep 11, 2014
The Canes don't have the cap space for that series of moves. They're looking at ~$7 mil remaining with Geekie is added in. H. Fleury and Foegele will eat up $3 mil-$4 mil (Waddell publicly estimated $3-$4 mil in cap space after their signings). Budget $2 mil for a spare skater and some flexibility for injuries/the deadline and there's $1 mil - $2 mil to work with. If they're lucky enough to free up Mrazek's $3.125 mil, there's only $4.125 mil - $5.125 mil for a goalie.
I thought they had more. Thanks. Im not sure if it makes sense to move a serious roster player just to make this work.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I think it's going to take a 1st and a top prospect to move 2 years of Fleury at 7 million. Nobody is doing anyone any favors in taking salary this year as at least a 3rd of the league isn't going to the cap anyway.

Reactions: AndreiThreeK

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I think it's going to take a 1st and a top prospect to move 2 years of Fleury at 7 million. Nobody is doing anyone any favors in taking salary this year as at least a 3rd of the league isn't going to the cap anyway.

Yep if the Canes were to take on the full $7 million I'd want Glass or one of Krebs/Brisson + NJ 2nd. As noted above the Canes would have to make other salary dumps to fit in a $7 million goalie.

orbiter11

Sep 11, 2014
Oh man I thought it was just 1 year lol....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->