TSN: Seravelli: VGK offered Fleury + 2nd league wide, with no takers

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
My understanding is it could work something like this:

To Team A: Fleury at 50% (salary retained by team B)
To Team B: Vegas’ 1st round pick
To Vegas: Team A’s 2nd round pick

Value may not be perfect but that kinda makes sense, does it not?

Vegas isn't getting that much value back for it if a third team is retaining.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If Vegas is serious about getting rid of Fleury then an actual asset (Not 2nd) needs to be involved as well as salary retention

Hawks now make sense but they aren't taking on MAF without a real asset coming back now that they are heading into rebuild

Last edited:

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
If Vegas is serious about getting rid of Fleury then an actual asset (Not 2nd) needs to be involved as well as salary retention

Hawks no make sense but they aren't taking on MAF without a real asset coming back now that they are heading into rebuild

vegas cant afford it to have any retention if they want to make any other signings.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Man, if any of the GMs from expansion are around, they must be loving this.

I can just imagine:

Dorion: What was that guy-who-demanded-a-first round-pick-to-not-take-Methot-and-then-dumped-him-for-a-second, you want me to take on who?

Dorion: I'm sorry, guy-who-f***ed-me-over-with-mark-stone, what was the favour you wanted?

LOL

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary

I can just imagine:

Dorion: What was that guy-who-demanded-a-first round-pick-to-not-take-Methot-and-then-dumped-him-for-a-second, you want me to take on who?

Dorion: I'm sorry, guy-who-f***ed-me-over-with-mark-stone, what was the favour you wanted?

LOL
Kind of true now actually lol. The tables have turned on the Knights a bit. Teams are holding their feet in the fire a bit now. Ultimately a team desperate for a starter will likely take this deal. It’ll probably happen after the dust settles though and the music has stopped and the chairs are all gone.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

I can just imagine:

LOL

Dorion f***ed himself over with the expansion draft and the Mark Stone trade. He has nobody to blame but himself.

horner

May 22, 2007

I can just imagine:

LOL
Pay back is a bitch.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Dorion f***ed himself over with the expansion draft and the Mark Stone trade. He has nobody to blame but himself.
He f***ed himself over in the expansion draft? How exactly? He had to protect Karlsson, Phaneuf (who wouldn't waive), and Ceci. He had a great team. Turns out, losing Methot worked out great, it was a bullshit move though.

He didn't do anything wrong with Stone. Stone made it clear he was going to Vegas after Free Agency, limiting his options in trade. Vegas held firm on the return. That's their right. Still though, maybe not making enemies might ahve helped them in this situation.

Cheers!

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
vegas cant afford it to have any retention if they want to make any other signings.
If this is the case then the current league-wide proposal is atrocious.
A 1st needs to go back at minimum. And if they wish to get a quality asset that fills need in return then additional assets need to be included.

It has to be this way -- especially with goalies being plentiful this offseason

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
My understanding is it could work something like this:

To Team A: Fleury at 50% (salary retained by team B)
To Team B: Vegas’ 1st round pick
To Vegas: Team A’s 2nd round pick

Value may not be perfect but that kinda makes sense, does it not?

Fleury at 50% retained isn't worth anything close to a 2nd round pick. 4th or 5th rounder maybe. There are half a dozen better options available that would be either free or cost a 2nd or 3rd.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Why wouldn’t NJ do this?
About 6.25M reasons if you want to get technical. Might seem like chump change to you, but that is a good chunk of money.

Also, there might be better ways to spend that money.

For instance 6.5M on 2-3 low-cost free agents that you can flip at the deadline might return a better result than simply retaining on MAF and getting a 1st

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
He f***ed himself over in the expansion draft? How exactly? He had to protect Karlsson, Phaneuf (who wouldn't waive), and Ceci. He had a great team. Turns out, losing Methot worked out great, it was a bullshit move though.

He didn't do anything wrong with Stone. Stone made it clear he was going to Vegas after Free Agency, limiting his options in trade. Vegas held firm on the return. That's their right. Still though, maybe not making enemies might ahve helped them in this situation.

Cheers!

I know what happened. I am a Sens fan as well buddy. Was a Sens fan long before Vegas came and still am.

But this constant talk about Vegas f***ing over gms is just plain utter f***ing nonsense.

And if they are angry at Vegas, then they are directing their anger at the wrong people.

Vegas wasn't the ones forcing Anaheim to expose Theodore. Vegas wasn't the ones forcing Florida to trade away March + Smith.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I know what happened. I am a Sens fan as well buddy. Was a Sens fan long before Vegas came and still am.

But this constant talk about Vegas f***ing over gms is just plain utter f***ing nonsense.
What goes around comes around. I got a little schadenfreude with Tamps'a RFAs too.

I still remember their bullshit with Meszaros.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Then I guess they won't be making other signings. No one is obligated to help Vegas out of their cap mess. They made the decision to extend Fleury, and then signed Lehner just a week ago. They are going to have to pay a first or A-level prospect to move Fleury at the full $7M.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
For Vegas fans in this thread, how much would you be willing to give up to part with MAF 100% no retention?

I would have rather bought him out. Yes Vegas would have been stuck with some of his contract for 4 years i think, but that is better than giving away assets. Which is something this team has been doing lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->