A Loyal Dog

Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
what_is_happening.0.jpg

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
That doesn't mean a team won't retain 1-2m and flip him for a 2nd though. Now that Dubnyk is likely on his way to San Jose, there is a destination to be flipped to.

Reactions: Morrison

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Is this with salary retained or no salary retained? I'm not surprised a 2nd wouldn't cut it with no salary retained, but that's surprising if that's also with Vegas eating money.

I think Vegas buying out Fleury is the most likely outcome here. It's the one I want because I want the Penguins to sign him for cheap :laugh:

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I thought Vegas didn't have any 2nd rounders this year or next?

"The Los Angeles Kings received the Vegas Golden Knights 2020 and 2021 2nd round picks for Alec Martinez."

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
That doesn't mean a team won't retain 1-2m and flip him for a 2nd though. Now that Dubnyk is likely on his way to San Jose, there is a destination to be flipped to.
Where there's a will there's probably a way there. If Vegas is willing to retain or pay another team to retain I'm sure Guerin will take him. It's just a matter of figuring out what everyone's price is.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
I think a team like Ottawa who has a ton of cap room and is rebuilding should be interested in this. Yes, Vegas should at least retain some of MAF's cap hit and then it should work out...

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Think they would be paying at least #29 to dump Fleury's whole deal. That Cap hit is pretty heinous for even a mid-level starter. Especially with a flat cap.

Maybe Vegas can get a 3rd party to retain money but they may have trouble finding an owner willing to shell out millions for a draft pick in these times. Dundon and the Canes bought a 1st for $4.6 million last year but that was pre-COVID.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->