Speculation: Seravalli: Green to VGK or 3 other teams?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
The TradeCentre Match Game: Mike Green - Article - TSN

direct link

I think one question is, is GMGM be interested in a "rental"? He's 32. Might he fit in long term, or only a stepping stone to UFA and next team? Also, how much tinkering does he want to do with the chemistry of the team? Excluding Carpenter (and kinda Subban, but he was around for the aftermath), any new player would not have experienced what the team did to come together after 10/1.

Is GMGM willing to pay the cost of a rental? He'd be trading off organizational (future?) depth for short term help.

It's really a different reality than most thought the team would be facing.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Pretty obvious he'd be coming to VGK if GMGM was willing to give up any kind of valuable asset, it is really a perfect fit for the rest of the season. He'd be a rental no doubt, which I wouldn't be opposed to, but I am opposed to giving up a first for him. Even worse a lot are speculating a first plus a young player of some value. That's way too high and something only desperate teams do but when he's the lone valuable scoring D man out there the market goes nuts and GMGM stands back and lets they have it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->