Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
2-0 sens 2:40 into the game. Fudging chicago

giphy.gif

Reactions: klozge

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
We've picked, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 10th...twice, 1 of which is probably the best 10th overall pick of the century...and lucked into a 1C & top pairing blueliner in the 2nd round to kick off the "rebuild". After all of that, we have exactly three 1st round exists in a decade to show for it and have yet to convince a top line Center we've drafted to stay into his UFA years since Sakic retired.

So we really don't get to talk **** here. Edmonton may be even pathetic than us over the past decade, but it is embarrassing that we've squandered so much talent that it's come to using that defense.
We've also patched holes horribly in the past and relied strictly on our top end guys to bear almost all of the load and carry the team. Plus our defense never looked as promising.

Btw I'm into the whisky so not sure if I'm taking you out of context here.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Well, the sad part is I feel like you kinda HAVE to be right in order for this to work. This is still going to be, and likely always going to be, an organization unwilling to make tough decisions when it comes to personnel, an organization that moves VERY slowly behind the scenes, and one that seems unwilling to spend the resources necessary to truly dominate drafting, development, and coaching.
That works both ways tbf. I honestly think there are multiple ways for Sakic to turn us into a contender. But it all comes down to what his actual vision is, whether he actually follows through and if it is calculated enough to be successful. The league is extremely competitive so the margin for error is thin. But luck also plays a huge role.

That said were in the best situation I've seen in a long time to set something up. It all comes down to whether his plan succeeds.

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
8-5 Hawks. If Ottawa’s UFA’s weren’t already convinced to gtfo of there, I think this game will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad