Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
uber-png.152401

Via @Foppberg

Also the thread title is open to suggestions...

Mine is Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
search
Lol, I really do not know how to f***ing embed things or delete posts :help:

Attachments

• 0 days.jpg
    0 days.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
https://www.tsn.ca/sens-say-uber-video-dealt-with-internally-days-ago-1.1205197

"But then on the weekend the Uber driver went on Twitter and tweeted out a link to the video at multiple members of the Ottawa media who cover the Sens.
In one of the tweets he sent to an Ottawa reporter he wrote, “your Senators have a problem. Cheap entitled kids.” It included a link to his dash-cam video.
The driver didn’t appear to ask for any compensation for the video in his tweets to Ottawa media. The tweets have since been deleted."

Not that it makes it right (it doesn't at all), but it seems it didn't come out of nowhere.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
giphy.webp

People vent about other people all the god damn time. It's awkward that it got out with the video coach stuff, but a f***ing Uber driver is going to Tweet out the Senators have a problem?

Reactions: McMetal

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Worked for tips long enough to know that getting stiffed stings (it really does) and I'm sure than getting stiffed by 7 young millionaires at once is pretty damn bad.

However, if he released it because of that (and it sounds like it because he used the words "cheap" and "entitled") then this guy needs to find another job.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I don't use Uber a ton but isn't tipping on Uber pretty much optional? They're already getting paid by the company...
Maybe 20% of people tip me as a driver, it's not mandatory at all. Maybe it's more common with him clearly driving an UberXL but most of the time in my college town I'm getting tipped once in every five rides or so.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Worked for tips long enough to know that getting stiffed stings (it really does) and I'm sure than getting stiffed by 7 young millionaires at once is pretty damn bad.

However, if he released it because of that (and it sounds like it because he used the words "cheap" and "entitled") then this guy needs to find another job.

As someone who works for tips getting stiffed is gonna happen all the time. And I’m sure anyone’s who’s worked for tips know that rich people tip the worst and stuff the most. If your gonna take it personally than find a new job.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Unblamed in this situation is Eugene Melnyk. You don't have this kind of shit show if you've implemented a proper team culture throughout the organization. Instead you have a culture where the leaders prioritize their own self interest over the interest of the team. Making excuses for losses, pointing fingers at everyone but themselves, and bragging about not listening to coaches in front of rookies you're supposed to be helping turn into good pros.

You don't have that if the guy at the top isn't setting the same example. It trickles down and infests the whole organization. There is no team culture in that organization, it's everyone for themselves.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
As someone who works for tips getting stiffed is gonna happen all the time. And I’m sure anyone’s who’s worked for tips know that rich people tip the worst and stuff the most. If your gonna take it personally than find a new job.

I'd bet he gets forced to from this... or at least switches to Lyft. And from the sounds of it, not only did he not get tipped, he didn't get paid for releasing the video. Not a smart play on his part.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'd bet he gets forced to from this... or at least switches to Lyft. And from the sounds of it, not only did he not get tipped, he didn't get paid for releasing the video. Not a smart play on his part.

Just a ridiculously stupid move on his part. I mean no way he didn’t get in some sort of trouble for leaking this video. I figured he at least got paid for the video, but if he didn’t than that’s even dumber than I initially though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Just a ridiculously stupid move on his part. I mean no way he didn’t get in some sort of trouble for leaking this video. I figured he at least got paid for the video, but if he didn’t than that’s even dumber than I initially though.

Definitely not a smart play, but I can't see him legally getting in trouble. Too many plausible outs with one party consent. He certainly won't be driving for Uber again though.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Definitely not a smart play, but I can't see him legally getting in trouble. Too many plausible outs with one party consent. He certainly won't be driving for Uber again though.

I don’t mean from a legal standpoint. But uber definitely doesn’t their drivers just uploading random rides and invading peoples privacy.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
About the tipping on Uber. I don't think the driver was bitching about not getting tipped. You can tip on the app anytime you want to before you close out the ride. They guy who hailed the Uber could have tipped the next morning if he had wanted to. There didn't used to be an option to tip until the last year or so since they fired the CEO and started changing the whole company around, but now there is.

Reactions: Tommy G

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think the Sens can nail him with legal action though, that'll be bad news for him.

How... one party consent, driver in conversation, dash cam, the players doing the talking, nothing is showing any signs of extortion... it is a bad look, but there isn't really any legal recourse here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad