Dreger: Sense around the league a few clubs are strongly considering an offer sheet on Marner, Aho, Connor

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
The way this is worded sounds to me like Point was willing to sign the offer sheet. Does anybody else get that impression?
I think it's because of the territory also of where Montreal would have to go on Point. He's in the four 1st Rd pick category to get Tampa even thinking not matching.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Opposite. I think it implies Point wouldn't sign. Scenario is the operative word.

I think it's because of the territory also of where Montreal would have to go on Point. He's in the four 1st Rd pick category to get Tampa even thinking not matching.

I don't know, I think it has more to do with Carolina's budget and them not matching than it does with anything else.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Given the fact that the Leafs would match anything under 4 first round picks and given that the reports that Marner wants a ridiculous salary, he certainly wouldn't sign an offer like Aho and if he did, the Leafs would consider that a bargain. So it's either an offer sheet that nets the Leafs 4 first round picks or the Leafs get him for less than what Marner has been asking for and can then trade him for a hell of a lot (if they wish) after the trade moratorium. Why would Leaf fans be upset? Dreger has been leaking too much crap and Marner's reputation has taken a hit in Toronto. So much so that even Dubas had to comment on it.
Why would Leaf fans be upset? Losing an emerging star player for only draft picks is more than enough reason to be upset. You're lying if you say you wouldn't be.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
What teams could realistically go after Marner? I would bet that an offer for Marner would be in the 2 1sts + 2nd + 3rd with a crap ton of bonuses and at 10.5 mil (similar to Bergevin Aho deal).

Jan 21, 2018
What teams could realistically go after Marner? I would bet that an offer for Marner would be in the 2 1sts + 2nd + 3rd with a crap ton of bonuses and at 10.5 mil (similar to Bergevin Aho deal).

there is literally no offer under the 4 1st round pick comp that the leafs wouldn't match.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

I think the Leafs match that easily.

The bonuses don’t matter at all to the Leafs, and if anything they’d use them to maximum effect to deter other teams.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie

The bonus structure would be a non issue for Toronto, and while the cap is high it's a match regardless.

Reactions: Castle8130

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
So, if I'm understanding this whole OS thing correctly, if you sign a RFA to an offer sheet, his team has a week to match?

Reactions: TML1990

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
So, if I'm understanding this whole OS thing correctly, if you sign a RFA to an offer sheet, his team has a week to match?

Yes......so if the Canes were wise they would take the whole week before matching to hinder the Habs from doing other moves bc they don't know if the status of that cap space or picks.......kinda of a FU to the Habs team for trying the offer sheet. In reality Habs did the Canes a favour, it was a pretty weak offer sheet......Canes GM more or else mocked it......& laughed.

Elias GOATtersson

Jan 8, 2011
TSN with more fake news to drive up ratings. Like i said, I'll believe it when i see it. They're all shills except Bobby Mac... and he hasnt said anything.

Link MTL to a possible offer sheet with Marner (and Aho).. profit!!! I've lost all respect i once had for this station.
lol. Eating crow?

Reactions: hn777

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013

Colorado should be all over it. Not only do they have room but they’ll be a cup contender with him and won’t really care about the next 4 first rounders as they’ll be at least 20th.

Reactions: Castle8130

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Colorado should be all over it. Not only do they have room but they’ll be a cup contender with him and won’t really care about the next 4 first rounders as they’ll be at least 20th.

I don't think any team has the balls to OS Marner at the 4 1st overall price point which is what it would take to get it done, much less Sleepy Joe being the one to do it.

Reactions: DanM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->