Dreger: Sense around the league a few clubs are strongly considering an offer sheet on Marner, Aho, Connor

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
Who has the cap space without exposing themselves to offer sheets in the future?

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
NJ has cap space and doesn't really need more picks. The only thing that would give Ray caution is the prospect of retaliation when Hischier, Hughes, Bratt, etc become RFA in the next few years. Butcher and Zacha are RFA this season.

NJ doesn't own their 2nd in 2020 though, it belongs to Nashville via Subban

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I truly wouldnt doubt if we see an offersheet for Aho and/or Connor. No chance Marner though.

Habs are up to something fishy...

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Aho makes sense for Montreal imo

Connor is interesting. Would've thought Laine would be the better target.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Marner being on the list is odd. I just can't see a team offering over the 10.6/yr. Its not like they can front load it as a deterrent for Toronto, really anything over 10.6 is a no match, anything less is an instant match.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
34ezo0.jpg

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Paul Dreger at his very best. One of the best interviews i've heard from him was a call in to TSN where he was whining about people calling him a shill for Marner's camp. Was absolutely hilarious.

Dreger-"everything I or other repotters say isn't fiction, the are facts from actual sources!"

Commentator-"Who's your source on the Marner news you reported?"

Dreger-"I can't....um, that's info i can't reveal...."

Public-You're a f***ing shill.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Come on Jarmo, let's get Marner in Columbus.

Seems like the kind of thing he'd do after officially losing out on Panarin and Duchene.

That or absolutely nothing.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
They have the more favorable cap situation though. If they have enough money to pay Marleau’s buyout for a late 1st round pick, I’d be surprised if they don’t match any offer on Aho.

Yeah the Marleau trade threw me off. Before I thought maybe a Tavares style deal with maximum signing bonuses as quickly as possible could be challenging for Carolina to match in terms of cash flow. Paying nearly $30 million over the next two Julys could be problematic for some franchises. But obviously buying a 1st rounder for $4 million seems to indicate financial health.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I’d like Florida to offer sheet Aho. It’s arguable money spent on him is better than on Panarin.

Montreal would be stupid to not try to get him too. There’s your #1 C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad