GDT: Sens @ Yotes | October 15 | 10 pm EST | MS Paint Karma Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Yeah agreed, he's basically like Heatley to us...

Is this the first game in Phoenix for him since the trade?

Spinkis

Dec 26, 2011
k0b6J1i.png

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Basically same as Heatley, asked for a trade because he didn't like his situation..

I am sorry that i do not remember. :(:p:

Yes, just to clarify:

He held out during training camp and didn't sign a contract with PHX until December I believe. That's fine and all but the only problem was that he had nothing to show for his holding out. He hadn't produced as hoped. So he basically asked for a trade by holding out. I'd say what Turris did is almost worse than what Heatley did. At least Heatley was still producing. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
For Phoenix, it was impossible to salvage. There was negativity surrounding Turris at the time, sitting out, asking for too much $, requesting a trade. We took advantage of it.

Exactly. We didn't have much to work with. In our eyes, getting Rundblad was better than nothing for a disgruntled player that didn't want to play for us.

In your guys' eyes, I can see it being a steal.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Turris = getting better and better every year.

Rundblad = Healthy scratch.

That trade is so awesome.

Don't forget that the Sens also gave us a 2nd in addition to Rundblad, which promptly turned into Vermette. Even with his inconsistent offense and tendency to take dumb penalties, Vermette's defensive play has been good and his faceoff ability stellar. Certainly doesn't make the trade as one-sided as it appears to be at first glance.

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Getting bored with the defencemen suck. Here for the people who really don't know the game is a primer for a typical defensive responsibility.
Defenceman puckside- battles in corner to gain possession/make quick pass to SUPPORTING FORWARDS
Defenceman weakside- position in front of net to block intetcept pass. Block shot/dont screen tender/box out opposition from rebounds.
Centerman plays the longest game corner to corner. Must help gain control of the puck in the defensive end and set plays/cycles in the offensive ends. Defensively stays between the puck and thegoaltender. When puck comes high in tne d zone he usually helps the defencemen.
Wingers typically on the puckside stay s little higher and tighter to yhe boards to be in a position to intercept or be in position to block an opposing defenceman s shot.
The weakside d tends to drop lower in the SLOT area. This player is responsible for backdoor defenceman attacks.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Don't forget that the Sens also gave us a 2nd in addition to Rundblad, which promptly turned into Vermette. Even with his inconsistent offense and tendency to take dumb penalties, Vermette's defensive play has been good and his faceoff ability stellar. Certainly doesn't make the trade as one-sided as it appears to be at first glance.

We know Vermy well. I loved him as a Sen. Glad he's found a home in Phoenix. He and Kelly made up my favourite Sen PK tandem of all time.

Milan the God*

Turris = getting better and better every year.

Rundblad = Healthy scratch.

That trade is so awesome.

It's funny how many trades Murray makes that fans were disappointed in when it happened but ends up being a great trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad