GDT: SENS @ Winterpeg, Saturday 3 pm, 3 pm, 3 pm, 3 pm, 3 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Ok, enough talk about the boys performance.......

hot-jets-girl-gawk.jpg

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
DJ Smith, for the love of all children, can you just go :

Stützle-White-Dadonov
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Paul-Tierney-Brown
Galchenyuk-Chlapik-Watson

Just play this and keep it like that until Logan Brown and Formenton. It seems so freaking logic

I mean, how much do you want? We'll start a go fundme.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

Stützle-White-Dadonov
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Paul-Tierney-Brown

Just play this and keep it like that until Logan Brown and Formenton. It seems so freaking logic

Chlappy got sent down no?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Stützle-White-Dadonov
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Paul-Tierney-Brown

Just bring up Formenton now, and play him with Chlapik and Watson... DJ gives Galchenyuk 6 minutes 5vs5 icetime. Might has well bit the bullet and waive him

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Just bring up Formenton now, and play him with Chlapik and Watson... DJ gives Galchenyuk 6 minutes 5vs5 icetime. Might has well bit the bullet and waive him
Even I agree with this. What’s the point of having a player you clearly don’t want to to play. Unless they haft y’all do like him? And are making him earn it o the upteenth degree. But I doubt it.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Time to bring up L. Brown (al thought I was never sold on him)

Also bring up Formenton, Abramov and Davidsson (whenever they get healthy and get a few warmup games in the AHL)

Tkachuk - L. Brown - Abramov
Stutzle - Norris - Batherson
Paul - White - Dadonov
Formenton - Chlapik - Davidsson

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Or just keep him as an injury back-up. But yeah, I'd be ok with Formenton gaining experience too. He hasn't really played on any bad team before so the experience could be good for him. Adversity is a big teacher.

My goal is to use this season as a big training camp for 2021-22 that should start in 8-9 months.

Hopefully by then, we'll have new management and coaching staff, plus acquiring at least 1 or 2 vets that will make a difference (a center? Then trade Tierney. A D-man? That would allow JBD to stay one season in the AHL, then move on from Zaitsev when he's ready to come in). Guys like Pageau and DeMelo would have been perfect :sarcasm:

2021-22

Stutzle-Brown-Dadonov
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Formenton-Paul-White
Brown-Tierney-Watson

Chabot-Zub
Brannstrom-JBD
Sanderson-Zaitsev
Wolanin

Murray
Daccord

Chlappy got sent down no?

Yes but doesn't matter. Teams play with their callups and taxi squad everyday as you can see on Capfriendly. Sens seem to be one the teams that don't

Last edited:

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007

Stützle-White-Dadonov
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Paul-Tierney-Brown

I don't see how that lineup makes us any better to win games.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I don't see how that lineup makes us any better to win games.

Well, the point is not necessarily to win games as it shouldn't have been at any point this year. The process is what's really important, it's all about players development. Playing Connor Brown and Chris Tierney with Brady Tkachuk accomplishes absolutely NOTHING

Personally I think playing your most skilled players in the top-6 together is your best chance at scoring goals. I could be wrong and maybe DJ Smith knows better but the line combinations he comes up with are really counter-productive

When Connor Brown, Chris Tierney and Erik Gudbranson get several of your best scoring chances, you might not score a lot of goals.

Reactions: Carl Karlsson

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
There is nothing wrong with playing the young guys more and give them the complete reigns to the top 6, especially, when the vets technically don't belong there, in the first place. It's not like they are being playing over players like Stone, Duchene, Hoffman etc.

I don't believe in young guys (can't call then kids, since they are 20+. not 12) being overwhelmed! It's just HOCKEY! Let's keep things in perspective.

Playing a silly game of hockey is not too much pressure for Pros to handle who are adults now!

16 years around the world are raising their younger siblings on the streets without parents. Now that's Pressure, and yet they are not breaking down.

Reactions: Hellraising Senator

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
There is nothing wrong with playing the young guys more and give them the complete reigns to the top 6, especially, when the vets technically don't belong there, in the first place. It's not like they are being playing over players like Stone, Duchene, Hoffman etc.

I don't believe in young guys (can't call then kids, since they are 20+. not 12) being overwhelmed! It's just HOCKEY! Let's keep things in perspective.

Playing a silly game of hockey is not too much pressure for Pros to handle who are adults now!

16 years around the world are raising their younger siblings on the streets without parents. Now that's Pressure, and yet they are not breaking down.

But what if those kids are worse that those vets?

The fact that you have Abramov on the 1st line over Dadonov is a total farce. Abramov is not better than Dadonov.

Also, Batherson doesn't have a single even strength point since the 1st game of the season. What makes you believe he deserves to be in the top 6?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I'd roll with:

Tkachuk-White-Dadonov
Paul-Tierney-Brown
Stutzle-Stepan-Batherson
Galchenyuk-Norris-Watson

I can't believe we haven't tried Tkachuk with Dadonov yet. I always felt like they would play off eachother well. White and Dadonov have shown a bit of chemistry in the last couple of games, but were just lacking finish, while Tkachuk was stuck with a more defensive line with Tierney and Brown.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I'd roll with:

Tkachuk-White-Dadonov
Paul-Tierney-Brown
Stutzle-Stepan-Batherson
Galchenyuk-Norris-Watson

I can't believe we haven't tried Tkachuk with Dadonov yet. I always felt like they would play off eachother well. White and Dadonov have shown a bit of chemistry in the last couple of games, but were just lacking finish, while Tkachuk was stuck with a more defensive line with Tierney and Brown.
Tkachuk have play with Dadonov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad