Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Wings - Oct 23, 2013

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Turris was the only forward to play OVER 17 minutes tonight.

Maclean is really spreading the ice-time around...

When you're up 4-1 for half the game, you rest your top players.

Datsyuk was Detroits only player to get more than 17min.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Now we know what this team is capable of, hope they realize that if they skate this hard they will dominate.

Skill + hard work = playoffs.

Hope to see the same effort come Friday.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Turris was the only forward to play OVER 17 minutes tonight.

Maclean is really spreading the ice-time around...

Turris has been our best forward/player on most nights. It's awesome watching him play so well at both ends of the ice. Having equally good players on your wings helps too.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Who else is on board for Ottawa to play the Seinfeld theme whenever Cowen scores at home? Props to the Sens' twitter feed for the Breaking Bad references tonight.

Solid performance tonight and hopefully this is the type of effort we see every night from now on.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Turris' style seems to be one that is easy to play with. In his short time here he seems to have developed chemistry with a number of wingers quite quickly. That's a great quality to have, to be so complementary as a center in the offensive zone. Wish it was as easy to find someone to play with the captain. Really hopeful one of the prospects can be the shooter we need with Spezza - I love him shooting but I'd like for him to have an option for a pass. And 9MM as the grinder/defensive conscience on L1 or, even better, the scoring winger on L3 would look awfully nice. Come on Stone!

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I'd like to share my opinion

First, I like Corvo, he's PPG (lol), but I think he's calm and making good passes to leave the zone, that has always been his strenght! Sure he makes mistakes down low but overall I liked him in the 4 games he played this year and I think we should stick with this line-up until we lose.

Second, it was refreshing to see Zibanejad on ice. I love him a lot, one thing I like about him is that he's really good to take passes in the middle of the ice and transition the play to the other end, he really helps out our d-mens and he wins most of his 1 on 1 battles like he did on the 1st goal. I hope they keep him here, he had his reality check, keep him here, he can help us even if he doesn't get top 6 minutes.

Ryan, what else, wrote in the Ryan thread yesterday, absolutely in love with him! Awesome.

Spezz, keep shooting and moving your feets, shut these haters up!

I still love Alfie, don't like people laughing at him on Twitter, we can be proud to beat him but that's it, stop bashing.

Really happy with the outcome, good game, I didn't know if I should bet on the Sens, they doubled my gains if I won and I did haha! great

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Was really impressed with how zibby used his size. Way better then pageau and DaCosta down low

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Loved the Grant - Zib - Condra line. But I would still stick with Conacher instead of Greening on the top line. They look more dangerous that way.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Every line played well tonight but putting Conacher with Smith and Neil gave them much more speed. Conacher can get in fast on the forecheck plus he gets back fast to cover. Conacher is a very flexible guy that doesn't hurt us on any line he plays. I really liked that move. I was impressed too by the way Grant, Z_Bad and Condra played. They intercepted a lot of pucks deep in the o-zone and had the Detroit D on the heels. Grant skates better than I thought. He seemed much more confident offensively tonight with Z-Bad on that line.

SenatorsLegionary

Member of Sens Army
Oct 25, 2008
Montreal, Qc
Love that they kept their foot on the gas even after being up 3-1 to start the second and 4-1 to start the third. Very solid effort tonight. I thought we were a tad shaky defensively for about the first 5 minutes but the team as a whole tightened up after that and didn't really give up a major scoring chance. Most of the Wings' chances were "make something out of nothing" opportunities (ie: the Datsyuk chance off of the broken up dangle).

Karlsson was fantastic. Best game of the season so far and is slowly progressing game by game back to his old form.

Ryan had a great game tonight. I'm not sure why Ducks' fans were saying he's mostly invisible because I'm seeing consistent play from him minus the first two games. I know it's still a small sample size but Ryan's been awesome in the neutral zone and in the offensive zone without the puck especially since being moved to the Turris line.

Turris and Mac...great two way play and playmaking. They were all over the ice tonight.

Conacher hustled hard as usual and made some nice backchecks and was a presence yet again in front of the net. Love his game and don't know why he still isn't on the first line.

Grant and Zibanejad forechecked very well and were hard on the puck. Both had very solid games. Liked what they showed in the third, making nifty plays with the puck and pinning the Wings in their own zone for extended periods.

mayflower7857

Dec 21, 2011
pei
glad to see spezza do great i been big fan of his since the trade from islanders lol hows yashin doing nyi lol good old pei mostly leaf fans here few sens though

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Yeah it was obvious how improved our bottom 6 was with a 2nd line quality center playing on our 4th line.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Grant providing some good faceoff ability (badly needed) since being called up. Zibanejad really gave a good spark to the bottom 6 this game -- hope he keeps it up.

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
Best players were our best players, bottom six looked dangerous , we could afford to roll 4 lines. EK had his best game of the year.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Love that they kept their foot on the gas even after being up 3-1 to start the second and 4-1 to start the third. Very solid effort tonight. I thought we were a tad shaky defensively for about the first 5 minutes but the team as a whole tightened up after that and didn't really give up a major scoring chance. Most of the Wings' chances were "make something out of nothing" opportunities (ie: the Datsyuk chance off of the broken up dangle).

Karlsson was fantastic. Best game of the season so far and is slowly progressing game by game back to his old form.

Ryan had a great game tonight. I'm not sure why Ducks' fans were saying he's mostly invisible because I'm seeing consistent play from him minus the first two games. I know it's still a small sample size but Ryan's been awesome in the neutral zone and in the offensive zone without the puck especially since being moved to the Turris line.

Turris and Mac...great two way play and playmaking. They were all over the ice tonight.

Conacher hustled hard as usual and made some nice backchecks and was a presence yet again in front of the net. Love his game and don't know why he still isn't on the first line.

Grant and Zibanejad forechecked very well and were hard on the puck. Both had very solid games. Liked what they showed in the third, making nifty plays with the puck and pinning the Wings in their own zone for extended periods.

Someone mentioned that he was never able to find real chemistry with anybody. I'm hopeful that Turris is the right player for him. Looking good right now but like you said it's a small sample size. Keep it up please!

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
This is more like it! I thought we played well vs Edmonton, just couldn't bury our chances. Team played well again, but had lots of finish. Good to see the team get better and better. Just a small tweak I kinda wish Conacher and Zbad were on a line together. Maybe a Smith-Zbad-Conacher line, were Smith can take the draws and a Condra-Grant-Neil line.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
JQB7k.gif

So happy we won!

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Corvo and him share a role and Corvo is PPG

Weir's got 5 in 8. Can't complain about that kind of production, but yeah, right now they're somewhat interchangeable.

I've always liked Corvo, but give it a month and Weir will take it back with authority.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->