Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Wings - Oct 23, 2013

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Spezza is a beaut. Glad he's our captain. The big guns stepped up big time for this game and hopefully it loosens the team up a little bit.

We'll see what you say next game when he leaves 3 drop passes that lead to turnovers or when he tries to deke through 3 defenders when his two linemates are wide open in scoring position.

DG

Sep 19, 2006
Toronto
Red Wings have a better chance at the Cup...?

1827053-dog_not_sure.jpg

In all seriousness, they played great tonight, even though the Wings put up a stinker. No doubt they will be better next time.

SammyTheBull

Dec 1, 2005
Hmmm I dunno bout Spez being our Captain, seems having the 'C' git rid of his interview giggles... :'(

Topside

Jul 2, 2009
Awesome team building win. Long-time captain says you aren't good enough? Well, we'll show him...

trobby

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa
Ryan, Turris and MacArthur only had 7 seconds of powerplay. Made it count at least :nod:

I've said from the beginning. Put Ryan on the Top PP. That's why they got him here.
His wrist shot is what most people would call a slap shot...it's redonkulous.

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
Sens players who played well tonight; Spezza, Ryan, Cowen, Gryba, Turris, Anderson, Zibanejad, MacArthur, EK, Corvo, and Methot.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Man, that was a lot of fun. Such a terrific effort. So much to love.

The Zibby-Grant-Condra line was exactly what we needed our third line to be. Zib and Grant look huge out there and both use their size well - plus they can both take face-offs. Love it. And Smith and Neil were solid and looked like maybe, just maybe they can actually play on the same line.

Plus, the HF fellas got me hooked up with HD for the rest of the season. It was so pretty I had to hook it up to the TV and I enjoyed the third in glorious full screen HD. I had to cancel cable to pay for my kids' RRSPs - so this is really nice.

Super happy.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Loved everything about this game. So unbelieveably happy right now! :hyper:

They battled hard all night, kept moving their feet, stayed disciplined, and everyone had a great game.

The guys keep working like this and playing hard and we'll be one hell of a good team!

:wave::wave::wave:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

The Zibby-Grant-Condra line was exactly what we needed our third line to be. Zib and Grant look huge out there and both use their size well - plus they can both take face-offs. Love it. And Smith and Neil were solid and looked like maybe, just maybe they can actually play on the same line.

Plus, the HF fellas got me hooked up with HD for the rest of the season. It was so pretty I had to hook it up to the TV and I enjoyed the third in glorious full screen HD. I had to cancel cable to pay for my kid's RRSPs - so this is really nice.

Super happy.

Quality parenting right there. Cudos!

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
One of the most satisfying wins in a long time. :)

Overall it was a great effort throughout the lineup...but if I had to pick one player who really impressed me the most tonight....it'd be Gryba.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Im so happy i got to see this one. Not the best game ever but way too fum for a sens fan.
Spezza and ryan are having fun out there. Andrrson was solid when he needed too and 2 more points for karlsson who was great at his position.
I will always love alfie but feels good to beat the team he cheated on us.... huhuh

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa

Plus, the HF fellas got me hooked up with HD for the rest of the season. It was so pretty I had to hook it up to the TV and I enjoyed the third in glorious full screen HD. I had to cancel cable to pay for my kids' RRSPs - so this is really nice.

Super happy.

neil and smith still look awful. a bit better tonight in the offensive zone but even conacher's speed didnt help them much. Greening looked much better without them. They are still giveaway machines in the defensive zone and desperately need to clean that up. Cycling was better.

Luckily every other senator picked up their game except maybe corvo who i thought looked quite poor.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
We'll see what you say next game when he leaves 3 drop passes that lead to turnovers or when he tries to deke through 3 defenders when his two linemates are wide open in scoring position.

Sure bud. Spezza has been great this year, and he seems to be improving with each game as well as playing harder on both sides of the puck.

Even if what you said happened I would be there supporting Spezza because unlike a lot of the fair-weather Ottawa fans I'm always behind the team and its players (especially Spezza because he's my favourite player and he takes wayyyy too much unnecessary flak).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->