Waived: Sens waive Zack Smith (upd: clears)

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I am not sure if there is a 60 point player on that roster honestly.. ANd Duchene and Stone are likely gone at the TDL.. And in my viewings I see potential with Tkachuk but he should in no way be making the roster this year he needs more time seasoning.

By "not that bad", I mean not the worst in the league. Stone and Duchene are obviously 60 point players. You can't not count them just because you *think* they're going to be traded. Dzingel also has a shot at 60pts IMO. You guys are clearly pulling that quote out of context.

Blackhawk93

May 2, 2018
Duchene, Stone, Boedker, Tierney, Dzingel, Ryan, Tkachuk, Paajarvi, Pyatt, White, Chlapik, McCormick...maybe Formenton?

Pageau will be out most the year, not sure about Gaborik?
Gaborik is pretty much finished hockey wise, his back is completely messed up.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Depends on which rookies* make the team, but when healthy:

Dzingel-Duchene-Ryan
Tkachuk*-Pageau-Stone
Bodker-Tierney-White*
Paajarvi-Chlapik*-Pyatt

Which is not that bad... The forward core is pretty crowded. Moving Smith is not exactly a bad move. We need to make room for the kids.

You have two proven top 6 players on there.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
So when you say it's not bad, it really is.

I was replying to a guy who was implying that the Sens would be worse without Smith. I was pointing out that this was not the case, as we have other similar depth players. Stop trying to change the subject.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

Dzingel-Duchene-Ryan
Tkachuk*-Pageau-Stone
Bodker-Tierney-White*
Paajarvi-Chlapik*-Pyatt

Which is not that bad... The forward core is pretty crowded. Moving Smith is not exactly a bad move. We need to make room for the kids.
You are saying that isn't that bad non ironicly? Yikes.

Reactions: swiftwin

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
You are saying that isn't that bad non ironicly? Yikes.

It's a relative scale. Don't pull the quote out of context. I was replying to a guy who was implying that the Sens would be worse without Smith. Grow up. Stop trying to change the subject.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
DSCF2866-1024x576.jpg

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I was replying to a guy who was implying that the Sens would be worse without Smith. I was pointing out that this was not the case, as we have other similar depth players. Stop trying to change the subject.
No one is trying to change the subject, my dude. You said "It's not that bad" and all you said was moving Smith wouldn't be bad because it'll allow room for the rookies. You didn't say anything about similar depth players.

You can get as defensive as you want and say people are taking you out of context, but they aren't.

Reactions: Hellraising Senator

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

Dzingel-Duchene-Ryan
Tkachuk*-Pageau-Stone
Bodker-Tierney-White*
Paajarvi-Chlapik*-Pyatt

definitely some youth there, which is what I was trying to see. I can't blame them for waiving Smith if he holds back some kids, team needs a lot of things to go right for them to compete, but honestly I would rather keep Smith and hope he can help the team out in any capacity right now so they aren't giving up a #1 overall to Col...surprised Logan Brown couldn't crack the roster with no Pageau for half the season.

Reactions: swiftwin

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
I'd think that's Melnyk's motivation -> hope he gets claimed so he doesn't have to pay his salary.

To be fair, that would be the same motivation of 30 other GM's and owners if they had this contract on the books.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
No one is trying to change the subject, my dude. You said "It's not that bad" and all you said was moving Smith wouldn't be bad because it'll allow room for the rookies. You didn't say anything about similar depth players.

You can get as defensive as you want and say people are taking you out of context, but they aren't.

Read the thread title.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I wasn't implying anything, just generally wanted to know what the forward group looked like and why some are upset...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->