Pre-Game Talk: SENS vs Leafs in T.O., Saturday night 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
My point being this isn’t some kid who’s never played before and they don’t want to give him a taste before he’s ready. He’s done it before and played well. He’s our best player outside of the main roster. (Probably better than some on the roster) he should be the first call up.

I would even mind calling up another kid. Give them a taste of the real nhl pace. An idea of what to work towards when they’re down in the A. Wtf does Paul Carey do for us or our rebuild?

Paul Carey gives Chalpik time to work on what he needs to work on.

It isn't complicated.

Reactions: Xspyrit

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Its just standard procedure for this team. Play older vets over more deserving young players. That's Boucher in a nut shell. Dorion can also point at stuff like this later in the year and blame the team's performance on the coach.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He allows Chlapik to stay in Belleville , get settled in with his team, and not be bounced up and down. Chlapik will have his turn and when he does he should be staying up not being a yoyo between the two teams. I don't have enough info on Carey personally to predict how he fits in on the 4th line. I also prefer that when Chlapik comes up its for a top 9 spot. Lets see how this goes in the short term. You have made your preference known. I don't think there is a 100% correct answer here do you?
Well I mean. My answer lmao.

But honestly. The one right answer is the one that doesn’t involve calling up a vet who means to the future of this team. Chlapik could easily come in and be given top 9 spot. Just drop someone else down. Like tierney.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Well I mean. My answer lmao.

But honestly. The one right answer is the one that doesn’t involve calling up a vet who means to the future of this team. Chlapik could easily come in and be given top 9 spot. Just drop someone else down. Like tierney.
Why drop Tierney? He is also developing and is way more nhl ready than chlapik

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Its just standard procedure for this team. Play older vets over more deserving young players. That's Boucher in a nut shell. Dorion can also point at stuff like this later in the year and blame the team's performance on the coach.

White is on the 1st line, Lajoie is earning top 4 minutes, Formenton and Tkachuk made the team... come on dude :laugh:

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah definitely a bit disappointing to see chlapik stay down. Every player has things to work on. Some more then Chlapik, as I thought he was one of the best players in pre-season. So I don’t really get it.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hearing ceci and boro will be split up so that people can complain twice as often.
Glad Boucher is thinking about HFSen's needs.

That said, I don't like the Ceci Boro pairing at all, they don't compliment one another imo. Boro does play well with Wideman though, and Ceci could use somebody who can move the puck.

Lajoie seems to be the guy their going with, and while I have reservations about his strength, I think he could be a great match for Ceci (same goes for Wolanin, who I found was a bit better suited to deal with NHL forwards physically, but he's in Belleville).

With the guys we have on the roster, I think we're going with the ideal pairings with Lajoie-Ceci, Chabot-DeMelo, and Boro-Wideman. I'd rather get Wolanin in there, I guess at Boro's expense, but it leaves us without that physical presence on any pairing.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah, if anyone should drop down the line up its a certain veteran that literally no team in the league would take for free.

Smith had a decent game with Stone, put up a couple points, and did really well on the PK. Duchene obviously isn't moving down, and Tierney's line created some good chances the other night. Not sure why we want to force an opening in the top 9 center slots when our 4th line center gets hurt when at least in game 1, the forwards were not at all the problem.

No problem with calling up Carey for McCormick. I'd certainly rather Chlapik play big mins in Belleville than spot duty up here.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We saw way too much of this last year. Team needs to play D in their end.

The D pair played this poorly. Ryan looks like he's out for a stroll

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I missed a lot in the last couple of weeks, including what happened to Tkachuk for being sidelined. I read from one of the posters that he has a groin injury. How did it happen?

He was rescuing a cat stuck high up in a tree and on the last branch stretched his groin.

Or maybe from skating.:D

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Smith and Boedker are with Stone and Borowiecki is in the line up. The trash is still rising to the top.

Did you watch last game? Boedker was one of our best forwards. Hopefully Smith is gone when Pageau comes back by the deadline and Boro... Well, I can’t say much about that one.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
In case no one else knows, AHLlive is free this weekend. Belleville at Utica tonight at 7pm. Will be a good game to swap over to if this one gets ugly.

It's like $60 for all the BSens games on there this year so this is a good time to test the service.

Yup. You need to sign up.. no$ required for free trial. I signed up for the 60$ all Belleville games option . Good deal imo.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Did you watch last game? Boedker was one of our best forwards. Hopefully Smith is gone when Pageau comes back by the deadline and Boro... Well, I can’t say much about that one.
I have no problem with Boedker playing in the bottom 6 but I don't really want him in the top 6 when we have better options. I'm just giving you an example of Boucher hurting us with his favouritism.

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
I have great news. I've gotten some information with direct ties to the Sens org.

Melnyk has been in serious financial trouble for over 2 years now and despite what he says it's very possible he will be forced to sell.

He got an offer for 400 million this summer but he and the NHL were not happy with that figure.

Apparently Alfie would be part of any new ownership group (obviously as a minority owner).

Melnyk may not have a choice but to sell if attendance is this bad. He is gambling it all on this season and that is why he is tearing the team apart and trying to slash as much salary as possible.

The best part is that Karlsson is looking to wait it out until this summer to make a decision because he is well aware of the situation. He legit wants to come back if Melnyk is gone and it's up to us to help make this happen.

It's like parents of children who are drug addicts. If you really love them at some point you need to stop enabling and supporting their addiction.

It's time for us to stand up and take control and show Melnyk that he is not welcome any longer.

This team can thrive and this team will one day be what we love and hope it can be but it wont be until the cancerous man named Eguene Melnyk is gone.

Show your strength. Let's do our part to bring a new ownership group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad