Pre-Game Talk: SENS vs Leafs in T.O., Saturday night 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Oh wow the Stanley cup Tavares Champs got destroyed by the basement dweller garbage team!

Hahahahaha it's already hilarious how we just lost a franchise dman and our defense is already more competent than the Cup contenders.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
IMO Brady Tkachuk is changing the face of this franchise from a soft easy to play against team to a hard nosed, tough & hard to play against team, no more easy two pts when they come to Ottawa. While I support Mark Stone being the next captain of this franchise I would also support Tkachuk as an alternate captain & future captain in a few yrs time. They should also have the motto that they never quit which would also be a big change from last yr.

Trade by Deadline: Pyatt, Paajarvi, Carey & Wideman
Insert into Lineup: Brown, Paul, Chlapik, Jaros
You think a 19 year old that hasn't even played for us has changed the face of the team?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You think a 19 year old that hasn't even played for us has changed the face of the team?
I do ... he has name recognition that is recognized around the league & hockey world & as we see often the media can't get enough of him. IMO he will be talked about a lot this yr for many reasons including his skill level. He has shown in the preseason anyways that he is a force to be reckoned with & IMO others have taken note & are playing with more edge & tenacity. The team is better with him on it & the players are playing better because of it. I think he makes everyone better, he just has that personality that pushes everyone to do more & be better & never give up. I think his enthusiasm & his hard hitting play is contagious & others will follow suit especially the younger players. IMO he will change the personality of this team from being soft & easy to play against to a tenacious & hard to play against team which can't come soon enough.

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I do ... he has name recognition that is recognized around the league & hockey world & as we see often the media can't get enough of him. IMO he will be talked about a lot this yr for many reasons including his skill level. He has shown in the preseason anyways that he is a force to be reckoned with & IMO others have taken note & are playing with more edge & tenacity. The team is better with him on it & the players are playing better because of it. I think he makes everyone better, he just has that personality that pushes everyone to do more & be better & never give up. I think his enthusiasm & his hard hitting play is contagious & others will follow suit especially the younger players. IMO he will change the personality of this team from being soft & easy to play against to a tenacious & hard to play against team which can't come soon enough.
He's a fine player and should have an impact when he's back, but you have to admit the comment did sound a little silly since he's yet to even suit up.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He's a fine player and should have an impact when he's back, but you have to admit the comment did sound a little silly since he's yet to even suit up.
Sorry, I don't. I think he is that good already & showed he was better than so many thought he would be when they drafted him just from the rookie tournament & preseason. IMO he is changing this team for the better.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Aragorn wording was hyperbole and premature IMO (as we see all the time on HF); but what I think he should have said is that Brady is helping to change the culture of the team, which seemed to be a focus point this off season; and probably very much needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad